Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #91
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That's what you say George, to cover those of your party that fail to deliver on their sack of crapola promises....which is just about all of them from the record. A WINO is just an acronym for a thieving, lying, cheating, and scheming member of the Jackass party that is in favor on the inside but loathed outside my sickly party. We have lots of them!
Regards!
Now that's a true statement.

04-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pro con and in between

He noted that the Dodd bill would set up an untested mechanism — known as a “resolution authority” — to seize and dissolve a large failing financial institution without resorting to Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Managers would be fired, stockholders and creditors would be harmed. The F.D.I.C., which has experience in dealing with smaller failing banks, would help “unwind” larger institutions. The idea is to create an alternative to bankruptcy so distasteful that no bank executives would want it.

Yeahhh.....

McConnell Faults Democratic Plan to Overhaul Financial Rules - NYTimes.com
But the journalistic convenient bottom line: anhh party of "I got nothing"
Elizabeth Nowicki, a former lawyer on Wall Street and at the Securities and Exchange Commission, said Mr. McConnell had failed to propose a viable alternative.

“Obviously Senator McConnell’s outrage serves a political purposes and gives him a record to point to in the future if taxpayers are again called upon to fund a bailout,” said Ms. Nowicki, now a law professor at Boston University. “What Senator McConnell does not do, however, is propose in great detail a sensible outline for financial reform that will ensure that accountability for financial failure is placed upon the parties responsible for the failure.”
04-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #93
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The "Party of NO' never has solutions to any problem, just a line of BS for their loyal air heads to suck on like gospel. They see big bucks in the next failure of our financial system, just like they profitted in this one....why promote change?

If George is right,(and that in itself would be a miracle) why don't we just give Barney a life sentence where he can't cause another collapse of our system? It is, after all, the kind of thinking the right believes is "highly intelligent"?
Regards!
04-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #94
Inactive Account

Like you, I love the inconvenient truths that conservatives love to ignore. For example, the highest spending increases in the history of California occurred while guess who was governor? I'll give you a hint he made b grade movies (and it isn't The Terminator"). The working man has never been respected by Republican administrations. Why? Because their funding comes from the financial and corporate sectors who elect stooges to look the other way while working people, union people are robbed. Talk about drinking Kool Aid, the Tea Party bozos are slurping it up as its dished out by Palin, Beck and Limbaugh. Talk about a trio of BS artists.

04-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomw Quote
Like you, I love the inconvenient truths that conservatives love to ignore. For example, the highest spending increases in the history of California occurred while guess who was governor? I'll give you a hint he made b grade movies (and it isn't The Terminator"). The working man has never been respected by Republican administrations. Why? Because their funding comes from the financial and corporate sectors who elect stooges to look the other way while working people, union people are robbed. Talk about drinking Kool Aid, the Tea Party bozos are slurping it up as its dished out by Palin, Beck and Limbaugh. Talk about a trio of BS artists.
You really nailed it with that phrase..."inconvenient truths". I can certainly see why the Fat Cats, Crooked Bankers, Wall Street Con Men, and other assorted money grubbing crooks support the right wing of America...it's all about the money and the greed. What I can't understand is why hardworking average Americans continue to line up and die for those that use them for their own gain and give nothing in return. They say the Tea Baggers are of above average intelligence........really? To support those that rob and steal from you and want you to praise them for doing it.....is that how they rate intelligence on the right?
Best Regards
04-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #96
Veteran Member

My dad always said....a guy gets a hundred dollars in the checking account and he thinks he's a Republican.
04-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
My dad always said....a guy gets a hundred dollars in the checking account and he thinks he's a Republican.
Your Dad was on target. I've seen it in reality too many times. Reminds me of old "Joe the Plumber" ....remember him? Turns out he wasn't even really a plumber, had received welfare benefits in the past, and was no where close to having his own business. Somehow rubbing elbows with the "elite" must factor into the insanity of average Americans that suck up the right wing soup....a soup that has no meat for them, just a thin watery broth.....but you do get to say you sit at the same table of the rich and famous Crooks of America......I guess being a little Lap Doggie does have its rewards!
Best Regards!

04-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #98
Veteran Member

The working man has never been respected by Republican administrations. Why? Because their funding comes from the financial and corporate sectors who elect stooges to look the other way while working people, union people are robbed.
I think it's a bit more complicated than that.

I think the average Republican sees the economy very top down:

It goes something like this -

All wealth is derived from business activity
Business is run by businessmen
therefor all wealth depends on allowing businessmen do what they do best - create wealth.

The result of this viewpoint is to relegate labor to just a subset of business operations with no identity or importance outside of being just another cost to the business operation. Therefor whats good for business is good for labor.

Why do you think Republicans are so anti union? A union assumes that labor has interests in it's own right beyond being just another production cost. Anathema to the average Republican.

The sad part is that they are mostly sincere in this belief - why can't we all be just one big happy American corporation?

America Inc.

Last edited by wildman; 04-17-2010 at 05:02 AM.
04-17-2010, 04:45 AM   #99
Veteran Member

Re. Joe the Plumber: You're telling me that I can't have my dollar and my dream? Every American is created equal in opportunity and liberty: every American has the right to become rich. Don't you dare tax my dream. Don't you dare tell me it's unlikely that 80% of us can earn our way into the top 10%. And because dag nab it I'm working hard to lift myself up by my bootstraps, why should you make me pay for all those lazy, you know, tropical people to stay on their fat asses and collect?
04-17-2010, 06:12 AM   #100
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

The working man has never been respected by Republican administrations. Why? Because their funding comes from the financial and corporate sectors who elect stooges to look the other way while working people, union people are robbed.
Saying that union people were robbed by the financial sector is like saying the James gang was robed by the Dalton gang.
04-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #101
Site Supporter

How many have you belonged to? (that analogy is silly)
That certainly wasn't my job after I was elected.
04-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Re. Joe the Plumber: You're telling me that I can't have my dollar and my dream? Every American is created equal in opportunity and liberty: every American has the right to become rich. Don't you dare tax my dream. Don't you dare tell me it's unlikely that 80% of us can earn our way into the top 10%. And because dag nab it I'm working hard to lift myself up by my bootstraps, why should you make me pay for all those lazy, you know, tropical people to stay on their fat asses and collect?

Well, old Joe was right in hooking up with Sarah and the Old Tired Guy, McCain. Joe started out lying and just continued to get worse. He envisioned himself as a big Corporate Fat Cat if Obama would just let him make the his fortune without any additional taxes. The same argument we hear from the little Lap Doggies here.....they could be a Star if they were only taxed like the candle they really are...it is all that is holding them back. Absolutely ridiculous and totally without logic or reason.
When I bought that BOA stock at $1.74 a share, and envisioned a nice gain of a dollar a share, instead of the $16. it turned out to be, I guess I should have backed out because of the massive tax bill the gain would give me? That is, after all, the same kind of thinking old "Joe the Non-Plumber" used, and the little Lap Doggies lapped t up like it was a T-bone Steak. Absurd!
Best Regards!
04-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Saying that union people were robbed by the financial sector is like saying the James gang was robed by the Dalton gang.
A sense of proportion is, apparently, not one of your strong points.
04-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #104
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
A sense of proportion is, apparently, not one of your strong points.
No, but I like to think that I have mastered hyperbole.
04-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No, but I like to think that I have mastered hyperbole.
It comes naturally on the right......

It looks like just you and me on here right now Jim.....kind of quiet. Being a Bigtime Mod, Otis is asking if it is a good time to sign up and try out his cussing skills here? I asked him what thread he was so upset about and he was honest, he said he hates every last one and they are all **************He just wants to spend all day while it is slow practicing up on his filthy mouth slamming and hate mongering. He is a right winger, six and a half miles right of Dick Cheney, but he said he will give equal treatment to anyone here, and he has no vision of race, creed, religious affiliation, or sexual preferation....he hates every one equally. I told him I would run this by you, but not to get his hopes up too high....
Best Regards!

He does look harmless..."You ***** talkin' about me?"
Closed Thread