Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #61
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

But I ask you, again, ....if I *didn't* believe in America, and was all about these things you advocate, ...you know I'm smart.

All I would have had to do was lie.

Cheat, steal, yes, just plain burglarize. you'd have never even known I was there. If I wanted what you value.

O.K., now I understand. Not choosing a life of crime when you're down and out is making a sacrifice for your country.

04-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #62
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But it doesn't make what happened to him in Vietnam *qualification to run the country.*

As opposed to meaning that he actually *lost that ability* in the process.

I've been trying to make the point all day that when you *hurt* somebody, it doesn't much *matter* if you 'forgive' yourself, and it *sure* doesn't make them morally-qualified to issue orders to nuke a city.

All disputes about the story aside, I honor him as a vet.

I think it disqualifies him as a President, and always did, especially by the GOP's own spurious standards. Never mind that *his* anger issues seem to involve Bombing Iran to Beach Boys filks from the early 80's.

I elaborated in an edit above.

You like to blame me for lots of things.

But I ask you, again, ....if I *didn't* believe in America, and was all about these things you advocate, ...you know I'm smart.

All I would have had to do was lie.

Cheat, steal, yes, just plain burglarize. you'd have never even known I was there. If I wanted what you value.

Instead, I'm here talking to you when I know *damn* well it risks myself and my dear one being targeted as pariahs, (and that ain't easy,)

And as a matter of fact, while conservatives were denying what was going on in 'family values' institutions, blaming the victims, acting all 'persecuted,' and like Rupert saying, 'You're all perverts,' well. Heh.

Details, not strictly legal.

But, harsh, yes.

Cause I *do* believe in something.

Through all of it.

I called it 'America.'

And still do.

Spud.

Just plain and simple rambling nonsense. Put up or shut up Ratlady, what was your sacrifice? I haven't sacrificed a damn thing , and would not attempt to try and compare myself to McCain's sacrifice for his country. My youngest son....22 years and three wars, injuries and much turmoil and hard duty....he would not even make such a comparison....I guarantee. You carry your self pity way too far Ratlady, and it shows its full obnoxiousness in this ridiculous assertion.
Beast Regards
04-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
O.K., now I understand. Not choosing a life of crime when you're down and out is making a sacrifice for your country.
Do you imagine, by your own premises, that there's some kind of correlation between 'Not considering myself qualified to command the nuclear arsenal,' and 'Qualified to speak on Pentax forums to people who think suggesting John McCain might consider his history and do likewise is an outrageous idea?'

You treat me so here, and yet say McCain belongs as CiC... *for,* as you say, going through "much worse," (desite his anger issues being displayed even in terms of foreign policy,) Why, again?

I actually do say, "Whatever he went through is real." It happened.

So *what* if he is therefore not qualified to be President.

I was actually willing to give him some benefit of the doubt until he reversed his position on torture when Hagee told him to. He folded.

Doesn't mean he's 'morally bad,' just not the one to do that.

And, yes, as for *not believing you* what 'America's' about, yes, if I had accepted your standards, you still wouldn't even know I was ever here. Is that what you'd like?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-08-2010 at 03:29 PM.
04-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #64
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Do you imagine, by your own premises, that there's some kind of correlation between 'Not considering myself qualified to command the nuclear arsenal,' and 'Qualified to speak on Pentax forums to people who think suggesting John McCain might consider his history and do likewise is an outrageous idea?'
No, I don't imagine that. Do you imagine, by your own premises, that there is any remote correlation between that response, and imagined "sacrifices" by you for your country.
To imply that not turning to crime in the face of adversity is a sacrifice to your country is slap in the face to anybody who has ever served honorably in the Armed Services.

04-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #65
Veteran Member

I don't know what it is either, after 14 years in the Air Force, several of which were working VERY close to nuclear missiles and loaded aircraft. I am familiar with MIRV; Multiple Independently targeted Re-entry Vehicles. delivering 6 warheads. (I believe the Soviets had 10) I can say with absolute certainty that, pay attention here RML, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY IN HELL that a missile can be launched mistakenly! Yes, a bomb could accidentally be dropped from an aircraft but THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY IN HELL that it would yield a nuclear explosion.

Er, well, it could definately be launched mistakenly though perhaps not accidentally.
04-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #66
Veteran Member

No, I don't imagine that. Do you imagine, by your own premises, that there is any remote correlation between that response, and imagined "sacrifices" by you for your country.
Not really. But there was one between what I responded to and what was said before you diverted to personal attacks and absolutist comparisons, yes.

'Saint' or not, McCain was *tortured.* Yes, I know what that is. (If I use a rude word at a moderator, will that *register, already?)*

Am I not qualified to say I would refuse to hold the nuclear triggers?

And would think by how you treat me, you would also honor *his* experiences, yet not imagine he has a 'holier' PTSD?

QuoteQuote:
To imply that not turning to crime in the face of adversity is a sacrifice to your country is slap in the face to anybody who has ever served honorably in the Armed Services.

Bullshit.

*You* claim standards that *I* feel quite inadequate. You offer claims of riches and abuse of minorities as 'proof.' You *claim* that I'm 'crazy' yet deny where any 'crazy' *came from,*

...All for saying that just maybe, 'being tortured' *has lasting effects* that ..while we may lionize them... Don't, especially outside McCain's little hagiography... Actually qualify one to decide for *all.*

I did kind of admire him for his bold stand against torture. As one who'd been tortured.

Tilll he got all sheep-eyed about it. Then turned aggressive when he backed down.

*spit.*

Sometimes even a Republican can let one down. Even about their own Godsforsaken paranoia. Why were they trying to sell people on the idea Obama was som 'Manchurian Candidate?' Cause Mc Cain was actually *in* that kind of movie. For real. All honors. Not nuclear keys. Hurt. Yes. Real. Dig?

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 05:57 PM ----------

Can you register Parallax? Just cause I know darn well what PTSD is, doesn't mean I think I'd be a 'better president' than even McCain.

Though I do seem to have been caught on tape somewhat less spouting obscenities and/or hitting people, or in fact threatening any kind of 'Bomb Iran' singalongs.

Kind of the point. Yaknow. If I thought hurting or stealing proved anything, I wouldn't have to fricking *run for President* to prove it.

.Moreover, if I wanted to be the kind of 'lazy poor people' you like to imagine, and just wanted a 'handout' ..I could be *soo* pious. *folding hands and makeing doe-eyes.*

All you have to do is lie.

And take a running start at one if you don't think refusing to do that *costs.* Spud.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-08-2010 at 04:01 PM.
04-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Not really. But there was one between what I responded to and what was said before you diverted to personal attacks and absolutist comparisons, yes.

'Saint' or not, McCain was *tortured.* Yes, I know what that is. (If I use a rude word at a moderator, will that *register, already?)*

Am I not qualified to say I would refuse to hold the nuclear triggers?

And would think by how you treat me, you would also honor *his* experiences, yet not imagine he has a 'holier' PTSD?

Bullshit.

*You* claim standards that *I* feel quite inadequate. You offer claims of riches and abuse of minorities as 'proof.' You *claim* that I'm 'crazy' yet deny where any 'crazy' *came from,*

...All for saying that just maybe, 'being tortured' *has lasting effects* that ..while we may lionize them... Don't, especially outside McCain's little hagiography... Actually qualify one to decide for *all.*

I did kind of admire him for his bold stand against torture. As one who'd been tortured.

Tilll he got all sheep-eyed about it. Then turned aggressive when he backed down.

*spit.*

Sometimes even a Republican can let one down. Even about their own Godsforsaken paranoia. Why were they trying to sell people on the idea Obama was som 'Manchurian Candidate?' Cause Mc Cain was actually *in* that kind of movie. For real. All honors. Not nuclear keys. Hurt. Yes. Real. Dig?

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 05:57 PM ----------

Can you register Parallax? Just cause I know darn well what PTSD is, doesn't mean I think I'd be a 'better president' than even McCain.

Though I do seem to have been caught on tape somewhat less spouting obscenities and/or hitting people, or in fact threatening any kind of 'Bomb Iran' singalongs.

Kind of the point. Yaknow. If I thought hurting or stealing proved anything, I wouldn't have to fricking *run for President* to prove it.

.Moreover, if I wanted to be the kind of 'lazy poor people' you like to imagine, and just wanted a 'handout' ..I could be *soo* pious. *folding hands and makeing doe-eyes.*

All you have to do is lie.

And take a running start at one if you don't think refusing to do that *costs.* Spud.

A lot of BS there Ratlady to avoid addressing what YOU wrote....let's look at it again.....
"Actually, McCain may or may not have sacrificed something for our nation. In my way, so have I. The difference between me and him is I *know* it.

Now you are the one that stepped in it, not me, not the Mod, YOU! That is aridiculous thing to write, and you should know it and just apologize, but of course, you won't. You wrote it....but we are the liars for pointing it out.....isn't that how you operate?
Beast Regards!

04-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #68
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A lot of BS there Ratlady to avoid addressing what YOU wrote....let's look at it again.....
"Actually, McCain may or may not have sacrificed something for our nation. In my way, so have I. The difference between me and him is I *know* it.

Now you are the one that stepped in it, not me, not the Mod, YOU! That is aridiculous thing to write, and you should know it and just apologize, but of course, you won't. You wrote it....but we are the liars for pointing it out.....isn't that how you operate?
Beast Regards!
I need to clarify something here.
Any post I make here, unless I say differently in a post, I am making as a grouchy, stubborn, opinionated forum member, NOT as a moderator.

Last edited by Parallax; 04-09-2010 at 06:48 AM.
04-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #69
Veteran Member

I need to clarify something here.
Any post I make here, unless I say differently in a post, I am making as a grouchy, stubborn, opinionated form member, NOT as a moderator.

Who cares Jim? Unless you can show us a set of Moderator Clothing that you put on like Clark Kent, it is still a Mod that is posting. So most of us try to hide in threads where you are not around, and we say mean things and then delete them before you can get around and see them.......fun but risky....how are we doing? I sometimes feel kinda bad about doing it.......kinda.......LOL! I'm not the worst one, but I won't squeal on my fellow posters.
Regards!
04-09-2010, 06:50 AM   #70
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

You better care, Bucko! I"m watching YOU!!!!

Clark K.
04-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #71
Veteran Member

You better care, Bucko! I"m watching YOU!!!!

Clark K.

I'll be very careful, I'm not as quick and agile as I used to be......I just celebrated 44 years with Mrs Rupert last night...dinner out and a quiet evening at home....nothing spectacular. You gotta know Mrs Rupert is a Saint.....I've lived with Old Rupert for all these years, and could barely tolerate it myself! Maybe a word of congratulations for her....along with a Sympathy card?
Best Regards!

An old scanned photo I took a few year ago when I first got my DS....I have few of us together, Mrs Rupert says it is bad for her reputation to be seen with me.
04-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #72
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
................ Maybe a word of congratulations for her....along with a Sympathy card?
Best Regards!
I was thinking about that, but I was afraid it might hurt your feelings.
I know how sensitive you are and everyone knows how much I hate controversy.

I gotta tell ya, Rupert, if that is your version of a smile in that picture, I would hate to see
what you look like if you're pissed at somebody.
04-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #73
Veteran Member

So Rupert, 44 years ago you were cradle-robbing? The Mrs looks like she wouldn't have been out of diapers yet, then. Either that or the road's been rougher for you than for her Congratulations, 44 is nothing to be sneezed at. I'm hoping to make it to 29 this year...

ps. how much is 44 in squirrel-years?
04-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Yeah Jim, I'm not a big smiler, am I? LOL! And thanks for not hurting my little twinkle toes, I am so sensitive, and I appreciate your kindness.

Nesster, I take good care of Mrs Rupert, and it still shows. It has been a long ride, and I have the utmost respect for her ability to navigate through life with a lump of coal like me attached to her side. Love is a powerful force, perhaps the most powerful on earth. You hang in there, it is all worth it in your old age....I see many that abandon ship after years of struggle, and the regrets of doing so are almost universal. It is truly about "good times or bad", and those that make the cut are richly rewarded....I know I have been.

Squirrels? Mama Festus allows no conversation regarding age......I guess they are a lot like women in that area? She is proud of her weight, but will never reveal her age.

Best Regards & Thanks!
04-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Congratulations Ruperrt, to you and your lovely child-bride. My wife and I will celebrate 43 years in December. When someone asks me how long have I been happily married, I reply..."My wife has been happily married for 42 years. I have been happily married for 13 years, and they ain't always successive years." I'm not dumb enough to say that when my wife is present.
Closed Thread