Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #1051
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No offense taken Chris. I just thought I would explain my side of it. Personally I am enjoying the opportunity to see more shots by bbluesman and others than I normally would.

The contest is also forcing me to be creative under pressure, which is good practice. But if the contest hadn't coincided with a week where I am basically free, it would have been a diffferent story!

04-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #1052
Inactive Account

Contest

If I won the K-x, I'd take it to Burma and take pictures of orphans
04-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #1053
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by srymBroBob Quote
If I won the K-x, I'd take it to Burma and take pictures of orphans
Wow, I don't think I've ever heard a better story in a thread like this.

04-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #1054
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I still hope someone who is really in need of a great recent technology camera gets a good prize from this giveaway. As I said before I also hope the surprise prizes end up going to a new forum member!

04-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #1055
Inactive Account

Contest

How does the K-x compare with the K20, besides megapixels?
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #1056
Veteran Member

K-x vs K20

From the reviews I have read the only thing they didn't like was the 'AA' power source and the reviewers just are not thinking of how that can help you use your camera. Have you ever run out of power shooting somewhere well away from your charger? That is the moment you wish you could just put in 4 more AA's.

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 12:57 PM ----------

Sorry didn't answer the core question. K-x is an evolution beyond the K20 with more features, easier to use, lighter, convenient AA batteries, very high ISO capable and more and more.

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 01:18 PM ----------

You would think that the 1,000,000 post should be today! Although I am confused just how they calculate the absolute millionth post. But then I am confused a lot anyway.
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #1057
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kacansas03 Quote
From the reviews I have read the only thing they didn't like was the 'AA' power source and the reviewers just are not thinking of how that can help you use your camera. Have you ever run out of power shooting somewhere well away from your charger? That is the moment you wish you could just put in 4 more AA's.

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 12:57 PM ----------

Sorry didn't answer the core question. K-x is an evolution beyond the K20 with more features, easier to use, lighter, convenient AA batteries, very high ISO capable and more and more.

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 01:18 PM ----------

You would think that the 1,000,000 post should be today! Although I am confused just how they calculate the absolute millionth post. But then I am confused a lot anyway.

1. Some people like AA on a general use body . . .

2. The K-x isn't necessarily and evolution beyond the K20d and wasn't intended to be. There are several differences . . . this isn't the thread to get into that.

3. The confusion with the 1,000,000 post has to do with reconcile the counter and deleted posts in the thread tracking system.

04-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #1058
Veteran Member

I like the idea that the camera or special prize may go to someone outside the U.S. Well are we to the first 1,000,000 post spot yet Adam???? It sure seems like it should happen today. I think I am thrilled just to watch and see who wins something. I have gotten into the spirit of the give away.!!!
04-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #1059
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think my #999 999...
04-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #1060
Veteran Member

Oh Boy if you are right the forum is almost there!!! Now If only I could make up my mind what lens I might want as a true walk around zoom. Ah, life's little decisions!
04-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #1061
Veteran Member

Looks like we're just about at 10,000 to go, which would mean about 5 more days.

So I think that the Pentax is officially going to be over next Sunday (not this one, but the next one).
04-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #1062

Please pick me

While it’s doubtful that I’ll win this camera, I thought I would give this giveaway a try. Given the algorithm and the dismal chances inherent in sweepstakes and giveaways, I will probably get nothing but like I said, I’m going to try. I do not currently own a digital camera. I am still shooting with a 35mm Minolta SLR. I love this camera but I am starting to have difficulty finding the film I want and processing costs are rising. I am looking to switch to digital. I want the ability to see my pictures before I order prints. However, I don’t want to sacrifice the image quality and the creativity options that I get with an SLR. Also, if I don’t have to worry about film processing costs, I am more likely to take pictures, experiment more and learn more about photography. Also, I want to join a camera club. I was considering other brands for an entry level dSLR, but after careful research, I decided that this camera is the one for me. I really really really really really really really really really really really really want this camera. Please please please please please please please please pick me.

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 04:42 PM ----------

While it’s unlikely that I’ll win this camera, I thought I would give this giveaway a try. Given the algorithm and the dismal chances inherent in sweepstakes and giveaways, I will probably get nothing but like I said, I’m going to try. I do not currently own a digital camera. I am still shooting with a 35mm Minolta SLR. I love this camera but I am starting to have difficulty finding the film I want and processing costs are rising. I am looking to switch to digital. I want the ability to see my pictures before I order prints. However, I don’t want to sacrifice the image quality and the creativity options that I get with an SLR. Also, if I don’t have to worry about film processing costs, I am more likely to take pictures, experiment more and learn more about photography. Also, I want to join a camera club. I was considering other brands for an entry level dSLR, but after careful research, I decided that this camera is the one for me. I really really really really really really really really really really really really want this camera. Please please please please please please please please pick me. I can't afford a digital SLR without your help

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 04:45 PM ----------

I'm not sure exactly how this will help me in the algorithm race, but I really want this camera. I think it is so awesome. I can't say much more because I've never had a digital SLR and I've just had film, but I think this would be a great way for me to start. Please pick me!

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 04:49 PM ----------

I want to throw my hat in the ring for this awesome camera. I would really like to try a digital SLR and this one is the right one for me.

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 05:07 PM ----------

I would love this camera. I'm a new member and I don't have a lot of money for a camera and I would love to learn about digital photography by getting a pentax!
04-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #1063
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NoobCA Quote
While it’s doubtful that I’ll win this camera, I thought I would give this giveaway a try. Given the algorithm and the dismal chances inherent in sweepstakes and giveaways, I will probably get nothing but like I said, I’m going to try. I do not currently own a digital camera. I am still shooting with a 35mm Minolta SLR. I love this camera but I am starting to have difficulty finding the film I want and processing costs are rising. I am looking to switch to digital. I want the ability to see my pictures before I order prints. However, I don’t want to sacrifice the image quality and the creativity options that I get with an SLR. Also, if I don’t have to worry about film processing costs, I am more likely to take pictures, experiment more and learn more about photography. Also, I want to join a camera club. I was considering other brands for an entry level dSLR, but after careful research, I decided that this camera is the one for me. I really really really really really really really really really really really really want this camera. Please please please please please please please please pick me.

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 04:42 PM ----------

While it’s unlikely that I’ll win this camera, I thought I would give this giveaway a try. Given the algorithm and the dismal chances inherent in sweepstakes and giveaways, I will probably get nothing but like I said, I’m going to try. I do not currently own a digital camera. I am still shooting with a 35mm Minolta SLR. I love this camera but I am starting to have difficulty finding the film I want and processing costs are rising. I am looking to switch to digital. I want the ability to see my pictures before I order prints. However, I don’t want to sacrifice the image quality and the creativity options that I get with an SLR. Also, if I don’t have to worry about film processing costs, I am more likely to take pictures, experiment more and learn more about photography. Also, I want to join a camera club. I was considering other brands for an entry level dSLR, but after careful research, I decided that this camera is the one for me. I really really really really really really really really really really really really want this camera. Please please please please please please please please pick me. I can't afford a digital SLR without your help

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 04:45 PM ----------

I'm not sure exactly how this will help me in the algorithm race, but I really want this camera. I think it is so awesome. I can't say much more because I've never had a digital SLR and I've just had film, but I think this would be a great way for me to start. Please pick me!

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 04:49 PM ----------

I want to throw my hat in the ring for this awesome camera. I would really like to try a digital SLR and this one is the right one for me.

---------- Post added 04-15-2010 at 05:07 PM ----------

I would love this camera. I'm a new member and I don't have a lot of money for a camera and I would love to learn about digital photography by getting a pentax!
Someone's trying to get all the bonus points that they can.
04-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #1064

totally want bonus points

I totally want all the bonus points I can get. Like I said, I really want this camera and I didn't start posting until today. So, I'm a little bit behind. Also, I thought that each entry would be listed as a separate post but of course they weren't. That's why it looks so long. But at the end of the day, It doesn't hurt to give it all I've got, right?
04-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #1065
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NoobCA Quote
I totally want all the bonus points I can get. Like I said, I really want this camera and I didn't start posting until today. So, I'm a little bit behind. Also, I thought that each entry would be listed as a separate post but of course they weren't. That's why it looks so long. But at the end of the day, It doesn't hurt to give it all I've got, right?
Your messages are all duplicates though, you're double posting a bunch of things here.
Closed Thread