Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #1081
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
pentax lens

Hi there , i have a Pentax k20 and I have been getting some great shots using the Pentax 300mm zoom. I wouldn't mind upping it to a 500mm any input would be appreciated on lens that is worthy on putting on a Pentax body would be appreciated
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/14-general-talk/59642d1271469020-announcing-pentaxforums-million-post-giveaway-2imgp1277.jpg

Attached Images

04-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #1082
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cosmicap Quote
K200 rocks!

---------- Post added 04-17-2010 at 10:47 AM ----------

I should have added that one of my my big loves about the K200 is battery life: I get around 600 JPEGs to a charge of my Enenloops. It seems that AA have been abandoned in favour of LiIon. is that just a weight consideration or have they really improved since I had my Sony Mavica with these whizz bang batteries that I was lucky to get a useful year out of. Not cheap to replace, or have a spare for.
I guess cameras use less power than they used to and batteries have improved. What is considered the likely number of recharges fro modern LiIon? And I don't mean in the manufacturers' dreams but in real life. Eneloops do it so well for my K200 that I am shy of replacing the camera for one that uses LiIOn.
Comments, anybody?
This is the reason I wish to own a K-x rather than one of the many others that one must spend on the special battery size for just the one camera. All my cameras us AA so they all have those eneloops. Along with my seldom used flash units. I believe that the Lion units can have their shape changed to accomodate the needs of the camera body design. However I have a lot more items that use AA's.
04-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #1083
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by ACHEBONE Quote
Hi there , i have a Pentax k20 and I have been getting some great shots using the Pentax 300mm zoom. I wouldn't mind upping it to a 500mm any input would be appreciated on lens that is worthy on putting on a Pentax body would be appreciated
Welcome to the forums
You are probably better off to post this question again in the Pentax Lens discussion forum here: Pentax SLR Lens Discussion - PentaxForums.com to get more replies. This thread really isn't a good spot for discussion of lens needs.
04-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #1084

Have I won yet?

Why do I think that actually advertising the idea of winning something if you're the millionth post was a sweet, but bad, idea? That said, hope I still win.

04-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #1085
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Great!!! add my name in also..
04-16-2010, 11:24 PM   #1086

Thanks for your kind comments!!!

I had a chance to see and touch Pentax 645D at CP+ exposition held in Yokohama this March. It was said that image sensor without low-pass filter gave very clear images.

Attached is a blog page by a photographer, who was talking at Pentax boos about the camera in CP+, sorry it is in Japanese. You click a blue part in text to understand what he wants to say.

Photo of the Day ?????????CP+??????

Best regards!
04-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #1087
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr.Proust Quote
My Pentax K-7 comes back after 10-day repair. I can enjoy my photo life with my proper camera. However, tomorrow, 17th April, it will be raining heavily and cold in Tokyo. Ah...
congratz dear friend!

but K-7 is a WR camera and can withstand rain. so maybe, ... (although i wouldn't do that myself!) ;-)

---------- Post added 04-16-2010 at 10:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kacansas03 Quote
This is the reason I wish to own a K-x rather than one of the many others that one must spend on the special battery size for just the one camera. All my cameras us AA so they all have those eneloops. Along with my seldom used flash units. I believe that the Lion units can have their shape changed to accomodate the needs of the camera body design. However I have a lot more items that use AA's.
well, i'm also one with a liking for cameras that can work with AA batteries rather than having to use a dedicated type of battery alone.

the good thing about K-7 is that if you get the battery grip for it, then the camera can do both as the grip comes with two adapters: one for the Li90 as well as one that can take 4xAA batteries.

i'm wondering though that if i have to order at least another AA adapter for the K-7's vertical / battery chamber grip, as it can come in handy under 'heavy' shooting assignments when even the little time required for replacing old batteries with new ones may be critical ... (ordered one extra Li90 already though.)

nothing beats a mechanical-only camera shutter! (only if it could also apply to a "mechanical video sensor" too!? )

"Future [of photography] is analog!" - Lomography.com

Last edited by penties rider; 04-16-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: type etc
04-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #1088

Thanks for this awesome forum and another great competition! Love looking at the huge variety for pentaxians pics!

Thanks again
04-17-2010, 01:16 AM   #1089

I picked up our old MZ5 today. Sitting sadly on the shelf, ignored for a couple of years. Batteries dead.- sigh. Couldn't find anywhere in town that sold CR2s. Sunday arvo so only the supermarkets were open. Amongst the racks and racks of AAs and AAAs there was.................absolutely nothing else. Not so long ago CR2 was a reasonably ordinary size. It did remind me what a lovely, able, light weight, joy in the hand, little camera the MZ 5 was. I may have to put a roll of film through for old time's sake.
I might just get it developed and scan the negs with my nifty little film scanner rather than go broke getting prints like in "the old days". Pick out any that deserve a proper print. I love digital for saving paper. It used to be so rarely I'd the prints back "from the chemist" and there would something worthy of keeping. That's not to say I didn't keep them but I have boxes of paper prints in the shed. Ah, each one a precious memory!
Back to my rave about LiIon: are they better now than they were 10 years ago? Or are they just as short lived and expensive? Or did I just have a bad run with my Mavica? Is there any one out there who would like to spruik the benefits of Lithium?
04-17-2010, 02:51 AM   #1090
Veteran Member

I guess since I'm a contender, I'd better enter the contest.

[/me throws hat into ring]

[/me scrambles to retrieve portion of brain attached to hat]

[/me considers statement about GW Bush: All Hat, No Cattle]

[/me decides to skip politics, return to carving wooden gods]

[/me admires latest carving of Aphrodite. Woo woo]

[/me decides it's time to sleep. G'night, y'all]
04-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #1091

Well, I might as well ante up as well

Unfortunately I found out about this contest when I was travelling, and upon my return I was deathly ill for a week, so didn't want to spend much time staring at a computer screen. Cry.

Hopefully this post will count twards my total too

BTW, smart formula to do the totals. The first setup seemed like a contest designed to create spam, with a rule that there would be no spam

woops, I see now that the post before mine has already broken a million. Can I have a kx anyway?
04-17-2010, 05:10 AM   #1092
Veteran Member

I have DIE HARD K20D and now for me need DIE HARD K-x.
I wish to check up them as Easter eggs that I have understood, what body from them is stronger.
This very important for me.

Last edited by Mr. A.S.; 04-17-2010 at 08:57 AM.
04-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #1093
Goz

1,000,000 replies cool

Cool... count me in....
04-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #1094

hurrah, win win win
04-17-2010, 11:37 PM   #1095
Inactive Account

i am waiting for pentax mirrorless
i hope it will use AA batteries like k-x

---------- Post added 04-18-2010 at 06:39 AM ----------

Mİrrorless wİth aa batterİes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee