Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Official Betting Pool for the Pentaxforums.com million post mark!

So we're going to try and see who can guess when PF will reach that milestone of having one million posts! So here's how this will work:

Each person who enters will only get a single entry, for an hour block of a day. No blocks can be repeated. Since I'll be heading the betting pool, I'll need you to pick hour blocks in Pacific Standard Time, but if you're not sure what time that would be, it is fairly easy to convert timezones. There will be no time limit on the entries that we can take (obviously it's probably not going to take over a month though to get to the milestone) so you can pick any hour block for any day that you'd like.

We're working on possible prizes at the moment for this, but if you would like to figure out some way to set up an actual betting pool with dollar amounts, then let us know in your post. We'll keep track of the times in this post. Please note that there will be doubles in entries, so if you pick one that someone else has picked, we'll ask you to pick another one.

Also, when deciding a winner of the pool we will use Price Is Right rules, closest without getting over. So if it's on April 25th at 2 PM PST and you picked 3, you will win it, but if you picked 1 then you won't.

If you have any questions or suggestions about the pool then please let us know in your post!

------------------------------------------------
Official Betting Pool

------------------------------------------------

04-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you're going to do this we'll have to count this for post #1,016,437 as the 1,000,000th post on the forum is slightly behind the post id tracker (due to deleted posts).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmmm, you're right about that. Or should we just do it for the 1000000th post as it's seen on the bottom of the forum page?
04-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Hmmm, you're right about that. Or should we just do it for the 1000000th post as it's seen on the bottom of the forum page?
That's what I'm referring to

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh right, I see what you mean now.