Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Beatles and Pentax

Another photo here (by Jim Marshall) with Beatles and Asahi Pentax on the table. It is not known if it belongs to them or to music critic Ralph Gleeson (of San Francisco Chronicle). Model ? (Spotmatic or something else?)

The photo is from the Beatles last ever concert at Candlestick Park, August 29, 1966.

Original photo and details at page 107 of the exceptional book "TRUST - Photographs of Jim Marshall"

Just wanted to share this
Paul

Attached Images

04-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd posted a few in film cameras... but some seem to have disappeared off flickr
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/59201-george-h...pentaxian.html
04-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I believe Sir Paul at one point owned an SV
04-09-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Are we bigger than Jesus yet?

04-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Banned

its pre-spotmatic, no doubt, but what model, I cant tell. its the lens though that is interesting. it, at least from this photo, doesnt look like a takumar. but I could be very wrong. thanks for the photo. I have a number of photos of the beatles featuring pentax cameras, but I hadn't seen this one yet.
04-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
04-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know it was the Sixties, but they seemed to have smoked incessantly, except on stage.
I suppose we might still have George if it weren't for that...

Chris

04-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #8

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
its pre-spotmatic, no doubt, but what model, I cant tell. its the lens though that is interesting. it, at least from this photo, doesnt look like a takumar. but I could be very wrong. thanks for the photo. I have a number of photos of the beatles featuring pentax cameras, but I hadn't seen this one yet.
So, wouldn't it be nice to have all these photos in one thread? Maybe you have some photos not known also to me or other members !
04-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #9
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by pkaliaf1 Quote
So, wouldn't it be nice to have all these photos in one thread? Maybe you have some photos not known also to me or other members !
I believe there was already a thread featuring a majority of the known photos of the beatles and pentax cameras, but I dont know the name of the thread.
04-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I believe there was already a thread featuring a majority of the known photos of the beatles and pentax cameras, but I dont know the name of the thread.
There are some here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/other-pentax-related-topics/45759-pentax-movies-3.html

woof
04-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see someone else noticed too:

Chris