Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wanna get this Canon

Mods, before you decide to move this post please open the link

I saw this ad on the local website and wanna get it. Although I can't afford it so it just isn't going to happen

Wouldn't it be fun hiding in your car, while on a photo shoot. Then when someone asks you why you don't shoot a Canon you can honestly tell them you do, and haul it out

04-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Misleading, you should have spelled it correctly. But then again, if you had, I would not have clicked on the link and smiled.

Cheers, Mike.

Wait,,, how do you spell cannon?.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 04-09-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: I can not spell.
04-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As you figured out I fully intended to Mislead everyone Mike

Considering that dyslexic I thought that i did a pretty good job at spleling cannot
04-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

So a couple years ago I was driving north through Arizona, and somewhere above Phoenix on I-17 I passed a distinctive old Toyota Land Bruiser towing a small trailer bearing... a cannon. Hard to be sure, but it looked like a 75 or 80mm. This wasn't far from something-or-other Rifle Range State Park and I figured, hey, this is Arizona, where men are men and javelinas run scared. And I continued on to my Gold Rush Mother Lode neighborhood in mountainous central California.

And a few days later I drove the Gold Rush route through a village 20 miles from my house... and there were the same Toyota, trailer, cannon, parked next to a dealer in military antiques. Just out shooting? Border vigilantes? A supply run? Whatever.

And I recall driving on the north side of El Paso a few years ago, past the drive-thru liquor stores, drive-thru gun and ammo shops, drive-thru adult video stores, and dealers of armored vehicles and artillery, just like used car dealers but with tracks and cannons. And I thought, HEY, there should be some one-stop shopping here, a drive-thru where you can get liquor and drugs, weapons and ammo, sex videos and paraphernalia (cosplay and bondage etc), snacks and heavy armor, all that good stuff at just one place. There's probably a store like that around Medellin.

I'll admit it, I've used a Canon, a 105mm field piece. It's a rush. And I got paid for it! But grenade launchers are fun too, and more portable.
Field artillery means never having to say you're sorry.
--motto of 1/5 FA, 1st Inf Div, Ft Riley KS

04-10-2010, 04:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Something told me you was refering to a weopon instead of a camera.......
04-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Some people call them weapons, I call them Intimiditers
Which is what some of those people I've seen carrying big white lenses try doing, without much success
04-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I have a canon of my own....A potato gun made of PVC drainpipe and old plumbing parts. Runs on propane.

It's not as impressive as that one, but it's a bit lighter and much cheaper
04-16-2010, 05:01 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Stu, What do you drive? You said "in the car" and this thing is 5 feet long! It would be very cool though.

04-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I drive an old Benz Peter, so I'd have to do the A-Team thing, and modify the car to fit the cannon.
Wouldn't it be cool, seeing the trunk open in an old Benz, and that thing pop out