Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #1

has anyone bought from exposure76 in ebay? A GOOD ENDING FINALLY

Maybe it is just a bad experience, maybe ...
But I really hate when a seller describe a lens (in this case), he offers his description is accurate and precise, and if the buyer is not happy....FULL REFUND is offered.

Just words !

I have bought a zuiko lenses - 135mm f2.8 - from him/her and when it arrived, it has a biggggg fog inside, so big so bad that when I took some pictures to test how wrong was ... all the pictures lost in contrast and sharpness.... all of them.

I sent an email and he/she answered ... apologies...sorry....my mistake... please return for full refund and open a dispute in ebay please.

OK I said, and I did as he asked me to.

Some weeks !!!!!!!! later I have recieved my partial refund for the lens, I mean partial because the money of the shipment to return it back to him was never refunded when he promised to do it, and it was 12 euros from Spain to UK...

Other sellers -WITH HONESTY- offer full refund including cost for returning besides the apologies, because it is not so easy as going to the post office ad pay for it, it is the time you spend waiting for the lens, discarding other options because you thought the coming lens were right, and the loooong wait for expecting the refund.

Well, it is my bad luck finding seller like the known Rocky or Ferndowncameras and this exposure76 ....
I am not saying he's a bad seller (467 sells and 99.4 %good rating) , but with me has been at least: not honest.

I just wanted to share this frustration wth you...

Regards to eveyone

Last edited by relb1975; 04-20-2010 at 04:16 PM.
04-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I too have learned the hard way that "full refund" does not include return shipping. Even if the item is not at all as described.

Ridiculous.
04-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
I too have learned the hard way that "full refund" does not include return shipping. Even if the item is not at all as described.

Ridiculous.
Hello krypticide,

but the seller has admitted it was his fault, not that I have changed my mind, and full refund is what I have expected, he promised to do that.

Sellers like him infect ebay in my opinion,
it is not fair.
I wonder how much time he will wait until he relist the same lens with the same problem waiting the new buyer doesnt see the fog inside.
Too bad.

Thanks for ur comment.
04-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Most any product warranty does not cover shipping, so unless he said he would pay return shipping, I can only shrug, sorry.

04-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I've seen return postage cost explained as being similar to gasoline costs to visit a local store to see an item; if the item isn't as described in ads, the store doesn't refund gasoline cost to get there.
04-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you should have clarified what you expected in 'Full Refund' before sending the lens. Even with a not as described dispute, if paypal steps in, you'll only get the original amount paid, One way shipping. Not both ways. All I can suggest is don't do any more business with the seller.

04-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rhodopsin Quote
I've seen return postage cost explained as being similar to gasoline costs to visit a local store to see an item; if the item isn't as described in ads, the store doesn't refund gasoline cost to get there.
From that point of view you are right, yes.
But I still think the case doesnt entirely match.

Why? Because I am paying from one article, described in one way and I am paying to receive it at home, the shipping cost is paying by me, it is not paid by the seller.

Anyway, there are maybe more than one or two pov,

And there are many kind of seller out there

04-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I think you should have clarified what you expected in 'Full Refund' before sending the lens. Even with a not as described dispute, if paypal steps in, you'll only get the original amount paid, One way shipping. Not both ways. All I can suggest is don't do any more business with the seller.

Yes my mistake, I trusted him and I have learned a lesson.
However ver big and nice negative votes were provided

Thanks everyone for the chat
04-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by relb1975 Quote
From that point of view you are right, yes.
But I still think the case doesnt entirely match.

Why? Because I am paying from one article, described in one way and I am paying to receive it at home, the shipping cost is paying by me, it is not paid by the seller.

Anyway, there are maybe more than one or two pov,

And there are many kind of seller out there

The store does not pay gas costs to return.

I agree wholeheartedly that "full refund" is a misleading description of a practice in common use for a long time.
04-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Yes my mistake, I trusted him and I have learned a lesson.
However ver big and nice negative votes were provided

Thanks everyone for the chat
Not for nothing but the sellers return policy states:

Should my description prove to be inaccurate a full refund will be issued after return and inspection of the item. The refund will include initial postage.

Did he agree to refund your cost of return shipping when you contacted him? Or did he not refund ANY shipping? After reading his description and policy, I'm failing to see what you are complaining about. Sounds to me, even by your description, that the seller did exactly what he said he would do. Your dissatisfaction hardly warrants calling him a Liar.

04-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #11

Original Poster
He'd be a good seller but with me he MADE an exception, lucky me !!!! :-(((((

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Not for nothing but the sellers return policy states:

Should my description prove to be inaccurate a full refund will be issued after return and inspection of the item. The refund will include initial postage.

Did he agree to refund your cost of return shipping when you contacted him? Or did he not refund ANY shipping? After reading his description and policy, I'm failing to see what you are complaining about. Sounds to me, even by your description, that the seller did exactly what he said he would do. Your dissatisfaction hardly warrants calling him a Liar.

Hello and sorry for being absent these days,
someone close to me is in UK and you know ...... airlines, vulcano,etc.....

I have sent many emails to the seller, at the beggining it was nice, he said "sorry I didnt see the fog", I accepted the apologies and both we agreed I'd keep the lens and take it to a cleaning service but here in Pamplona was gonna be very expensive...
but returning the lens to him will be around 12 euros .......
I didnt know what to do exactly considering the lens were in good condition in the spite of it had many light scratches in the front crystal...
after some days he said OK send it back to me....

My english is not 100% accurate but I can speak/read/write very good , right ?
Here you have exactly the words between us after we agreed to send the lens back, PLEASE LOOK "I said to avoid misunderstandings...." :

14-Feb-10 20:55:28 GMT - Olympus Zuiko OM-system Auto-T f/2.8 135mm Lens
Fecha de envío: 16-Mar-10 06:55:38 GMT

Dear exposure76,

Please tell me you address.
And to avoid misunderstandings, the money for returnung the faulty lens to you will be around 10-12 euros, will you also cover this money right?
Big regards.
Roberto

He answered:

Hello, yes can you open one via eBay so i can get the fee back.
Again sorry for any inconvenience.
As soon as i receive the lens i will fully refund you.
Kind regards Chris

- exposure76

There is a couple of mails between these (that I didnt copied here), mainly regarding the fact he wanted to open a dispute and a mail he sent with his address,

So, I can say with no regret EXPOSURE76 has fooled me.
I do notice he never said "yes I will cover all the money..." but if I ask if he will do that and he answer he will fully refund........

I hate situations like this...
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Hello and sorry for being absent these days,
someone close to me is in UK and you know ...... airlines, vulcano,etc.....

I have sent many emails to the seller, at the beggining it was nice, he said "sorry I didnt see the fog", I accepted the apologies and both we agreed I'd keep the lens and take it to a cleaning service but here in Pamplona was gonna be very expensive...
but returning the lens to him will be around 12 euros .......
I didnt know what to do exactly considering the lens were in good condition in the spite of it had many light scratches in the front crystal...
after some days he said OK send it back to me....

My english is not 100% accurate but I can speak/read/write very good , right ?
Here you have exactly the words between us after we agreed to send the lens back, PLEASE LOOK "I said to avoid misunderstandings...." :

14-Feb-10 20:55:28 GMT - Olympus Zuiko OM-system Auto-T f/2.8 135mm Lens
Fecha de envío: 16-Mar-10 06:55:38 GMT

Dear exposure76,

Please tell me you address.
And to avoid misunderstandings, the money for returnung the faulty lens to you will be around 10-12 euros, will you also cover this money right?
Big regards.
Roberto

He answered:

Hello, yes can you open one via eBay so i can get the fee back.
Again sorry for any inconvenience.
As soon as i receive the lens i will fully refund you.
Kind regards Chris

- exposure76

There is a couple of mails between these (that I didnt copied here), mainly regarding the fact he wanted to open a dispute and a mail he sent with his address,

So, I can say with no regret EXPOSURE76 has fooled me.
I do notice he never said "yes I will cover all the money..." but if I ask if he will do that and he answer he will fully refund........

I hate situations like this...
Misunderstanding, Mistake, Language barrier problem, Intentional or not, you've ended the transaction with the feedback.. From what I can see, this seller did everything his return policy states he will do in the event of a problem. To the best of my knowledge the Paypal Refund button does not allow an Over refund, only up to the original amount you paid. The seller has paid a fee to accept your payment and that fee is refunded to him when he submits Your refund. If it happens again, might I suggest that instead of asking for a full refund, you give the actual amount you expect to receive. That way, there is no misunderstanding.

Better luck with your next transaction.

04-20-2010, 05:20 AM   #13

I've bought from exposure 76... great product and service

I couldn't understand the remarks made by Relb1975 after having several excellent transactions with this seller.

I looked at the listing and the seller clearly stated that the lens had surface marks.

Your choice of language is disgusting. Calling him/her a liar and a swindler is inviting costly legal action.

I for one would not tolarate your crass behaviour and would place you in front of the courts no matter what the expense.

I have used eBay for several years and read the rules! I sugest you do the same.

Clearly this sellers acted with your best intrests in mind guiding you towards a claim through PayPal.

It appears you have been refunded for the item and initial postage cost.

The seller is already out of pocket having paid to send the lens to you.

Sellers are not obliged to refund return postage.

If you purchase an item from a department store and return it they certainly don't pay your expenses in returning the item!

It appears you have not read the listing and the eBay rules. Do it rather than come on forums whinging.
04-20-2010, 05:28 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Most any product warranty does not cover shipping, so unless he said he would pay return shipping, I can only shrug, sorry.
In Europe the legislation is clear: if a commercial seller sells an item above 40 Euros in value he/she has to refund all the money including all shipping charges, if you return the item within 14 days after pruchase for ANY reason. If the item value is below 40 Euros, the buyer pays for the retun shipping, unless the product is faulty (which is the case here).

This is ofcourse not applcable to private sales.

Ben
04-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Maybe it is just a bad experience, maybe ...
But I really hate when a seller describe a lens (in this case), he offers his description is accurate and precise, and if the buyer is not happy....FULL REFUND is offered.
sorry to hear that. bit of a reverse psychology here, but when a seller specifically says those exact words you really need to watch out. lots of rip off artists out there..