Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I dont believe for one second that any politician isnt racist, sexist, vindictive, and mean. Think about it, how did they get to where they are? it definitely isnt by playing nice. They've stepped on many people to get to where they are. That's why we have the belief that politicians are dirtier than used car salesmen.

If you think your best buddy (add in any political figure) got to where he/she is by playing nice, you are either pre-pubescent, or have been suckered into the belief that politicians are your best friend. Politicians are EXCELLENT actors. They even have writers that screen their speeches; god forbid they say what's really on their mind!

So by showing an article that someone is "mean" or "discriminatory" doesn't impress me. Impress me by revealing solid proof that a politician isn't.

04-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #17
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GatorPentax Quote
I'm not sure if she has a future career in politics, but I also don't have anything against her.
Total stupidity, lack of values and integrity, greed, and sheer opportunism don't bother you at all?

And please don't wave the flag of anti-communism over your cause, because if you want to know my many anti-Chavez activities, I will gladly spell them out for you in a PM.

But when it comes to ANY issue, Palin is is the least qualified to get anything done.

The woman is a dope, as her record and early departure from the Governorship clealy show. So if you have nothing against her, try READING more about her:

As long as she stays on the scene, the Democratic party remains energized.

---------- Post added 04-19-2010 at 05:59 PM ----------

I dont believe for one second that any politician isnt racist, sexist, vindictive, and mean.
Well--there you go right there:

You're coming from a totally false starting point.

Politicians take positions on their beliefs...get elected based on those beliefs...and vote on those beliefs. Yet you've managed to minimize and dismiss the whole system as total garbage.

Hence the birth of the Teabaggers.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
04-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #18

Bela Lugosi... er... Pelosi flying her family around in military jets on our dime.

Judicial Watch Uncovers Documents Detailing Pelosi's Repeated Requests for Military Travel | Judicial Watch

Of course leftists do not find this scandalous.

Consistency, integrity and honor. All trademarks of the left!
04-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Pelosi’s Party Plane? | FactCheck.org

04-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #20

Pelosi used military planes to fly her FAMILY around.

Last edited by Borislav; 04-19-2010 at 09:04 PM.
04-20-2010, 05:17 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Sara, then spoke, and the world said..........Huh?
04-20-2010, 05:27 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I dont believe for one second that any politician isnt racist, sexist, vindictive, and mean. Think about it, how did they get to where they are? it definitely isnt by playing nice. They've stepped on many people to get to where they are. That's why we have the belief that politicians are dirtier than used car salesmen.
If you think your best buddy (add in any political figure) got to where he/she is by playing nice, you are either pre-pubescent, or have been suckered into the belief that politicians are your best friend. Politicians are EXCELLENT actors. They even have writers that screen their speeches; god forbid they say what's really on their mind!
So by showing an article that someone is "mean" or "discriminatory" doesn't impress me. Impress me by revealing solid proof that a politician isn't.
Please show me "dirt" on Jimmy Carter........
Secret Service Hated Jimmy Carter
Granted nobodys perfect and yes those that strive for power are the least deserved of it (Aristotle or Plato I believe).........
And the old absolute power corrupts absolutely.......
Then there are the nut cases......or the ones without a soul.. Those are the troubling ones and signs always exist long before their in power.
UNFORTUNATEY 8 years of the worst cronyism and fascist leadership since Hitler has jaded us and we can't see a basic "good guy" from a hole in the ground.
I have no delusions the US political scene is Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, just that it is what it is and SOME politicians actually BELIEVE they are doing the right thing for the people. And as PEOPLE we each judge that ourselves.. Palin's and unfortunately most Repubs are not supporting "my beliefs"... and one must be concerned about tyranny in all politicians...
12 years of Christian upbringing and I see Palin as nothing more then an egomaniac wrapped in a dangerous inflexible mind set that has enough basis in real understanding to camouflage it. Sometimes it is whats left out that is most damning.... has she ever commented on racism?? I can't find it....not one word. "Don't ask don't tell.......
Best thing I can find is her "husbands" 1/16 (non white) and she lives "racism"???? There a minority couple????
http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/20081103_sarah_palin_reveals_shocking_r...ainst_husband/
http://womenagainstsarahpalin.blogspot.com/2008/10/national-organization-for-women.html
http://www.thenation.com/blogs/state_of_change/371959
But Palin's father, Chuck Heath, gave a different account to Conroy and Walshe. According to him, the presence of so many Asians and Pacific Islanders made her uncomfortable: "They were a minority type thing and it wasn't glamorous, so she came home." In any case, Palin reports that she much preferred her last stop, the University of Idaho, "because it was much like Alaska yet still 'Outside.' "
Supporters shot back, saying the quote was misconstrued and that Palin was just a young Barracuda out of water:
So in the worst case scenario, Palin went to a place where the culture and people were radically different than what she was accustomed to, found it uncomfortable, and wanted to leave for someplace where she felt more at home. Outrageous.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=53097&tsp=1#ixzz0le0F7CPL
Oh yes lets allow her to be the queen of the "free world".....
Palins version..........
[Palin] is equally circumspect on the issue of ethnicity, pointing out that Todd, whom she met in high school, is "part Yupik Eskimo" and opened her to the "social diversity" of Alaska. (Wasilla is more than eighty per cent white.) Palin, though notoriously ill-travelled outside the United States, did journey far to the first of the four colleges she attended, in Hawaii. She and a friend who went with her lasted only one semester. "Hawaii was a little too perfect," Palin writes. "Perpetual sunshine isn't necessarily conducive to serious academics for eighteen-year-old Alaska girls." Perhaps not.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=53097&tsp=1#ixzz0le0kFW5f
GIVE me a freaking break.............
anyways as to Todd.....
Alaska Independence Party ties
Todd Palin also was a member of the Alaska Independence Party from 1995 to 2002 and his wife, Sarah Palin, who delivered a recorded welcome message to the party's convention as governor of Alaska.[44] The Alaska Independence Party has advocated secession by Alaska from the United States. The founder of the AIP, Joe Vogler stated, "I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions." [45]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Palin
BE very careful what you wish for......

Last edited by jeffkrol; 04-20-2010 at 05:54 AM.
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #23
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
QuoteQuote:
Originally posted by GatorPentax
I dont believe for one second that any politician isnt racist, sexist, vindictive, and mean.
Politicians take positions on their beliefs...get elected based on those beliefs...and vote on those beliefs. Yet you've managed to minimize and dismiss the whole system as total garbage.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Ira, I think they start out that way, but they can't survive in Washington very long like that.

Last edited by Parallax; 04-20-2010 at 08:46 AM.
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Total stupidity, lack of values and integrity, greed, and sheer opportunism don't bother you at all?
And please don't wave the flag of anti-communism over your cause, because if you want to know my many anti-Chavez activities, I will gladly spell them out for you in a PM.
But when it comes to ANY issue, Palin is is the least qualified to get anything done.
The woman is a dope, as her record and early departure from the Governorship clealy show. So if you have nothing against her, try READING more about her:
As long as she stays on the scene, the Democratic party remains energized.
---------- Post added 04-19-2010 at 05:59 PM ----------

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Politicians take position on their beliefs and get elected on those beliefs? And I suppose you don't ever see politicians saying one thing to get elected and doing the exact opposite once elected. Have you ever heard of a DINO or RINO?
I never said that integrity or intelligence are unimportant values, what I am saying is that you are harping over a woman for traits you deem "evil" but then giving almost every other politician a pass when they have the EXACT SAME EVIL TRAITS. I never said Palin is fit for politics or leading, however, I also dont single her out for things that I know very well most politicians do.
So she doesn't have a good poker face, she doesnt hide it as well as some other politicians, or she isnt a great actor like some of the scumbags in washington. You're ready to single her out and nail her to the cross for it?
How many times has Joe Biden said something stupid/racist/discriminitory/vulgar and gotten a pass?
How about Barbara Boxer? Pelosi? Nixon? Both Bushes? Clinton?
What is it about this woman that has you so steamed?
There is dirt on every politician, yet you seem to only focus on her.
And whats up with this "teabagger" term? You're borrowing verbiage from a pre-pubescent teenage boy to describe your stance in an adult conversation about politics. Are you wondering why no one may be taking you seriously?
04-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #25
Site Supporter

She needs to be De-Witched.
We don't need more loonies like that.
04-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #26
Veteran Member

And whats up with this "teabagger" term? You're borrowing verbiage from a pre-pubescent teenage boy to describe your stance in an adult conversation about politics. Are you wondering why no one may be taking you seriously?
afaik, it's the teabaggers who originally labeled themselves that way, and those of us who are culturally aware just chortled at them a bit.

that's part (a very small part) of why WE don't take THEM seriously. totally clueless.
04-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Just to clear things up, no one from the tea party referred to themselves as "teabaggers". They did suggest sending tea bags to politicians; not the same thing. The term teabagger came from the ever dependable media.

While we're on the topic, can someone explain to me what is so wrong about people wanting freedom from government largess? And I don't mean complete freedom where no one takes care of the elderly, schools, or roads. Please someone respond with a logical, calm, and responsible answer.
04-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #28
Site Supporter

Gator?
What part about Palin getting De-Witched don't you understand?
If only she had her publisist before she did that......./shrug.
I don't think she would have done that.
For me?
It's way too late, even if she didn't say the other things she's said and is still saying.
04-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Just to clear things up, no one from the tea party referred to themselves as "teabaggers". They did suggest sending tea bags to politicians; not the same thing. The term teabagger came from the ever dependable media.
Yeah, my mistake. From the NRO:

QuoteQuote:
The first big day for this movement was Tax Day, April 15. And organizers had a gimmick. They asked people to send a tea bag to the Oval Office. One of the exhortations was “Tea Bag the Fools in D.C.” A protester was spotted with a sign saying, “Tea Bag the Liberal Dems Before They Tea Bag You.” So, conservatives started it: started with this terminology. But others ran with it and ran with it.
So, the teabaggers didn't come up with the label "teabaggers," but they certainly used "teabag" as a verb without understanding the implication.

---------- Post added 04-20-2010 at 01:02 PM ----------

While we're on the topic, can someone explain to me what is so wrong about people wanting freedom from government largess? And I don't mean complete freedom where no one takes care of the elderly, schools, or roads. Please someone respond with a logical, calm, and responsible answer.
There's nothing wrong with it in principle, but the problem is that a large number of those who are doing the protesting have no idea exactly what it is they're rallying against. This much has been made clear by the various interviews done with man-on-the-street types at these rallies.

The other problem is that these rallies are clearly instigated by larger forces that are reacting directly to the election of Barack Obama, rather than to (as they purport) the greater tradition of government wastefulness that has been in place in Washington for decades if not centuries. In short, many of us see the "tea party" as an instance of the RNC/GOP--and, more importantly, their corporate backers--using unsuspecting proles as pawns in their machinations.

Last edited by deadwolfbones; 04-20-2010 at 10:03 AM.
04-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #30
graphicgr8s

Yeah, did a search and don't see anyplace where they called themselves that. In fact I found the opposite to be true.

April 15 Tax Protesters: Don’t Call Us ’Tea Baggers’! :: EDGE Boston
teabaggers
Tea Party protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In every instance of the term it has only been a derogatory remark used by the liberals. Well except for the coffee shop.
Closed Thread