Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #31
graphicgr8s

Well Foot-In-Mouth Biden's return was posted. He and his unlucky half made over $300,000 yet gave $4800 to charity. Most of that in kind services. What a cheap bastard. I made way less than him and gave more. And I was still mad I didn't give more.

So if these tax hikes are so great why didn't The Big O and his idiot sidekick pay at what will be the new prevailing rate?

04-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Maybe a little OT here, but it still involves taxes. Maybe some here also read the article yesterday on the coming VAT.Manycountries alreadyuse this and we are apparently very close to becoming one of them.......information was a little sketchy, but from what I could make of it both parties see this as a way to balance the budget? Anyone that might be more knowledgeable is certainly welcome to enlighten us, or at least me. I know I don't like what I see of it in other countries, but I don't know enough to form a valid opinion. I do know we are currently going belly up......and any rescue seems to be quickly spent......like when I pay the balance on my wife's Credit Cards, it is just a new tank of gas for her to start all over....Without some real restraints, Congress has proven that it will spend every dime it takes in and then start the Printing Presses rolling....Obama/Bush....see any difference? I can't say that I have.
Regards!
Neither can I. Both had same party congresses for part of their terms (still waiting to see if history repeats itself in November). Bush went to office on the premise that he was going to Shrink the government and reduce the spending. Instead he spent money like a drunken sailor in a brothel in his first year (paying farmers NOT to grow crops). If the republican intention was to shrink government and reduce spending, they had 6 years to do it. Wars aside, we weren't at war the entire Bush first term. Nothing he or congress did then indicated any desire to reduce any spending.

BHO pretty much promised us he was going to spend every penny he could get his hands on and then some. The message may have been cryptic to some but it was there. I guess the difference is that Obama told the truth.

QuoteOriginally posted by B Grace Quote
And, by the way, a person who paid $40k in Federal and state income taxes this year could be married and have 12 kids but it wouldn't matter. The family oriented tax credits ramp down and go away at those income levels. The Child Tax Credit was a result of the GOP Congress during Clinton's second term and the credit is available only to those in the middle class. So much for the GOP being only for the Fat Cats.
I'm certain that the $40k is cheaper than a wife and kids. Business is Way down this year so I doubt they'll be getting that chunk from me next year.

04-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Like I tell my clients, sure it sucks to pay taxes, but wouldn't it be great to be in a position where you owe 500,000 taxes, means here in Canada you earned about 1.5 mill, give or tax some tax shelters... take that over getting a $500 cheque every two weeks from social assistance...

But I do have one funny tax story. I had a young lady break down crying two days ago, she spent $10,000 on a bathroom reno that she didn't need, and didn't have the money for. She thought she would get it all back with the $10,000 home reno 15% tax credit this year. On top of that she worked two different jobs, both under 13k, so neither really took any taxes off. So she owed $4k in taxes, had $10k in debt from the reno and only earns $22k a year...

That my friends sucks (did we decide we cannot swear?) and I could do nothing for her.

jord
04-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
It was an arbitrary number. Would you have preferred I used Y*Z?
Why do you anticipate that it will go up at all?

04-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well Foot-In-Mouth Biden's return was posted. He and his unlucky half made over $300,000 yet gave $4800 to charity. Most of that in kind services. What a cheap bastard. I made way less than him and gave more. And I was still mad I didn't give more.

So if these tax hikes are so great why didn't The Big O and his idiot sidekick pay at what will be the new prevailing rate?
What do you mean George?Don't you know .....$4800 "this is a big f_____ng deal"
Note to the mod squad, I was only quoting the Vice President of the United States.

Last edited by seacapt; 04-15-2010 at 10:36 PM.
04-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Language, please!

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
No worries, Adam's not a huge fan of the F word though so just seems like a good idea to perhaps tone it down a bit.
"Profanity is the laxative that purges the soul" - allegedly an old German proverb that I recall reading in a WW2 Luftwaffe pilot's autobiography. Accurately-quoted or not, I find it occasionally useful.

Interesting, though, to note the various words, prejudicial or otherwise, that are used in its place.

"Profanity" of course, refers to a "wordly" word or phrase (as distinct from "sacred").
"Swearing" invokes a deity in some way, as does "Cursing", and both are meaningless for those without religious belief.
"Dirty", "foul" or similar have no real meaning in language, but are useful words for the delicately-eared who try to avoid bodily references, although "earthy" is close but implies the user is grounded in reality, rather than in perversion.

Personally, I prefer "expletive" for the more jarring profanities. Used sparingly, all such words are valid when applying emphasis. Let's not get too prissy about these matters - all things in moderation, moderators.
04-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #37
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Why do you anticipate that it will go up at all?
It has to. How else to pay for all of Obama's new debt? Print more money? China already ordered us not to do that.

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 04-16-2010 at 09:09 AM.
04-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #38
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Note to the mod squad, I was only quoting the Vice President of the United States.
Good one!
04-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #39
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Maybe it is time to let Otis sign up here? He can't put two words together unless one of them is a filthy one......Mama Festus used to wash out his little nasty mouth, but the soap bill was breaking her budget and after each washing he just cussed her out worse than ever.......Yep, Otis would not have even noticed Biden's remark....it was just too unremarkable for Otis to notice!
Regards!

Right Otis? -"Stick it........"
04-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #40
graphicgr8s

Rupert we are having country fried Otis and Festus next week. Want me to save you some?
04-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #41
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Rupert we are having country fried Otis and Festus next week. Want me to save you some?

Would you butcher a cute little critter like Otis George? Even though Otis has found your IP Address, has hacked your computer, knows your Passwords, and all about those " Hidden Files" you thought you had well concealed, he wouldn't do such a thing to you. Of course, he hasn't read what you just posted yet either.......

BTW- About those "Secret Files" ...Otis says he prefers blonds with glasses....I have no idea what he means, but he said you would understand.
Best Regards!
04-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #42
Veteran Member

I'm in a high property tax state - and my property taxes are higher than my fed. Until 2 years ago the tax 'cuts' had put me in the AMT, and therefore I had a fed tax INCREASE. At least then the fed took more than the property tax.