Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Obama's health care law will increase the nation's health care costs

No new news here. Instead of bringing costs down, government economic forecasters concluded Thursday in a sobering assessment of the sweeping legislation. Now why did the idiots not see this before they passed it? Oh yes, "We need to do this now" idiot syndrome. I forgot how libs work. Medicare cuts could drive about 15 percent of hospitals and other institutional providers into the red, "possibly jeopardizing access" to care for seniors. In addition to flagging the cuts to hospitals, nursing homes and other providers as potentially unsustainable, it projected that reductions in payments to private Medicare Advantage plans would trigger an exodus from the popular program. Enrollment would plummet by about 50 percent, as the plans reduce extra benefits that they currently offer. Seniors leaving the private plans would still have health insurance under traditional Medicare, but many might face higher out-of-pocket costs.

In another flashing yellow light, a new voluntary long-term care insurance program created under the law faces "a very serious risk" of insolvency.
Hello you baby boomers like me! I'm so glad Obama is thinking of me.

A

04-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It would help the discussion if you link/cite your reliable sources.
04-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Another reason to get rid of the private insurance racket in the US. Most nations have an issue with baby boomers about to enter a phase where they need health care while the working population behind them is shrinking. If your system is screwed now (which it is), just wait until the multinationals are asked to "care" for the baby boomers. They don't owe anything to you....only to their shareholders.
04-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter

As to the OP.
Well of course.........That's how profits are made.
Did you really expect an improvement to the product?

Remember......We're no better than cars now.........Just ask the right wingers.

05-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
graphicgr8s

Hate to say "I told you so" but I told you so.

CBO: Health Care Bill Will Cost $115 Billion More Than Previously Assessed - Political Punch

QuoteQuote:
In a statement, House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, said that the new CBO analysis "provides ample cause for alarm. This comes just weeks after the Obama administration itself released an analysis confirming that the new law actually increases Americans’ health care costs. The American people wanted one thing above all from health care reform: lower costs, which Washington Democrats promised, but they did not deliver. These revelations widen the serious credibility gap President Obama is facing."
http://blog.heritage.org/2010/05/11/side-effects-higher-premiums-from-adult-...-health-plans/

QuoteQuote:
Some 1.2 million young adults are expected to sign up for coverage under the 26-year-old child provision. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius trumpets it as an immediate victory of ObamaCare. In reality, it’s just the first, little step in a mind-numbing bureaucratic process that will raise health care costs for all Americans.
05-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Graph... Old chap... Wander on down to the zoo... Sidle up to the primates there and try the same thing... You'll get a more reasoned response...

Really...
05-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
Graph... Old chap... Wander on down to the zoo... Sidle up to the primates there and try the same thing... You'll get a more reasoned response...

Really...
Yeah the primates do seem to have higher IQ's than most all the libs here.

05-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Psst, we're all primates.

And smc is on point, as usual.
05-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
Veteran Member

well well well

05-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #10
graphicgr8s

At the end of Slicks tenure we were already seeing signs of an economic downturn. Something happened late in 01 (can't remember what it was ) but they grounded all airlines for a period of time. Money for some inexplicable reason was poured into rebuilding our national security. By the same token I really don't remember all the liberals complaining when they too were making money hand over fist during the housing "boom". In fact barney, chris and barak did quite well. Well enough that they sure didn't want to reoinstate any kind of regulation on banking that W wanted.
05-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The news just keeps getting worse and worse. Lets remember that when election day comes around.
A
05-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Another reason to get rid of the private insurance racket in the US. Most nations have an issue with baby boomers about to enter a phase where they need health care while the working population behind them is shrinking. If your system is screwed now (which it is), just wait until the multinationals are asked to "care" for the baby boomers. They don't owe anything to you....only to their shareholders.
If we keep going the way his royal hiney obamarama wants we can be as prosperous as greece.

---------- Post added 05-12-2010 at 10:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
The news just keeps getting worse and worse. Lets remember that when election day comes around.
A
Problem is most people have short memories. And just before elections the libs will have one thing they do right and john q will forget all the rest of the crap laws they enacted.
05-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
At the end of Slicks tenure we were already seeing signs of an economic downturn. Something happened late in 01 (can't remember what it was ) but they grounded all airlines for a period of time. Money for some inexplicable reason was poured into rebuilding our national security. By the same token I really don't remember all the liberals complaining when they too were making money hand over fist during the housing "boom". In fact barney, chris and barak did quite well. Well enough that they sure didn't want to reoinstate any kind of regulation on banking that W wanted.
Seems like I remember something about that in 2001. Some of the richest people in the USA are Libs. Good ol AlGore being one. Take a look at AGores houses and then look at Ws house. AlGore is a Hypocrite.
A
05-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
Seems like I remember something about that in 2001. Some of the richest people in the USA are Libs. Good ol AlGore being one. Take a look at AGores houses and then look at Ws house. AlGore is a Hypocrite.
A
W's home in Texas was actually quite energy efficient. I was surprised when I read of some of the things that decreased consumption. Remember, algores wealth comes from carbon duping. Any one that thinks algore and the obama really give a FRA about you is a moron. There's two things they care about and only two.
05-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #15

Photos: Albums
OMG didnt know pentax forum was a right wing conservative group...I don't get it..what the heck is wrong about taking a nations economic ressources to paw for everybody's acces to good healthcare. Maybe it costs more but it raises everybody'q quality of life and security....Only ones I could imagine complaining are the ones who cant cope with social fairness....And what I REALLY dont gt is that the vast majority os naysayers are most oftern the biggest "beleivers" christianity wise. I see a dichotomy here..!
Closed Thread