Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One of the worst parts of moving... this time

With this move happening in a week my living room is stuffed with boxes, my entrance way has 3x the furniture, and I honestly don't know where most things are other than in a box somewhere.

However, that isn't the hardest part of packing... this time.

It oddly enough enough isn't even the moving from a house I love (with the exception of the present upstairs tenants), and moving into a house where I'm expecting some minor problems (being 60 years old or so)

The hardest thing is realizing that my land lady and I have become pretty good friends over the last 2 years, and 2 months since I've moved in here.
The chances are that we won't be seeing each other as often, however I guess on the good side is it won't look as bad to the other renters if we meet up for a drink or something.

Although it doesn't seem like it, we've actually spent a fair amount of time together, fixing things in the garden and what not.

After my move I'll have enough yard work to do, without helping Penny out, so we'll loose that time together.
Since I won't be paying rent to her I won't be BS'ing with her on rent day.
And we might not be having the weekly phone conversations, just to touch base.
(no, it isn't a requirement here, it just happened)

However, on the good side. I've already been told that I'm welcome to move back any time I wish
It sounds like Penny's enjoyed having me as a renter as much as I've enjoyed staying here.

In all reality, there is a chance that we'll become better friends. We've already talked about her coming over after I'm settled into my new house, and joining my gf and I for a friendly drink.

I guess that I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

04-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aww, well, if you're good enough friends you'll still see her, consider yourself one friend ahead of the game.

I've had landlords and landladies of all descriptions, from one where we were practically part of the family, to, well, pretty darn nightmarish situations. Good ones are good to know.