Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2019, 07:30 AM - 2 Likes   #15226
Pentaxian

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
sorry about my lack of knowledge I will correct that part of my earlier post

nice of you to volunteer as a test subject

on my short trip to Australia, 2011, I did not get to the experience of trying any
It seems that Tim Tam has a number of US connections, including being named after a Kentucky Derby winner. And they are available in US, imported by Pepperbridge Farm, not our very own Pentax colleague Pepperberry Farm. The magic of Wikipedia!

Its a shame that you didn't get to try either the biscuits or the accompanying slam. Sucking coffee through a chocolate biscuit is an interesting exercise.

01-26-2019, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #15227
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if UPS doesn't slow up, it looks like my newly acquired " experienced " Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM [ purchased from a forum member ] should arrive on Tuesday, the day before my birth day
01-26-2019, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #15228
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
SIGMA 15-30mm

Was looking for a Pentax compatible copy of this lens and lo and behold picked up on the Buy/Sell section of the Forum. Looking forward to adding this lens to my K-1ii kit to ease the weight burden of carrying the camera and several lenses. Hopefully, I make and process some shots with soon and post them....
01-26-2019, 08:46 AM   #15229
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Was looking for a Pentax compatible copy of this lens and lo and behold picked up on the Buy/Sell section of the Forum. Looking forward to adding this lens to my K-1ii kit to ease the weight burden of carrying the camera and several lenses. Hopefully, I make and process some shots with soon and post them....
What is “this lens”?

01-26-2019, 08:49 AM   #15230
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Tim Tams are a chocolate-coated biscuit sandwich, in this case with a caramel cream filling. There's a huge range of flavours (fillings, including a sugary chilli cream in a special release), this variety has quite pale chocolate, others have dark, milk or white chocolate.

So I think they meet the criteria- with all the major food groups (sugar, salt, fat/oils, chocolate). The original had chocolate between the two biscuits and then the whole thing dipped in liquid chocolate. I think they qualify as Alternative MU, but I will defer to the international tribunal for a final decision. I can bite one and send a pic of the cross-section if subpoenaed to do so.
01-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #15231
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
What is “this lens”?
The title stated it was a "SIGMA 15-30mm FA lens.
01-26-2019, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #15232
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

'titles' within the threads do not show up in mobile apps...

01-26-2019, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #15233
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

good to know
01-26-2019, 10:46 AM - 1 Like   #15234
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That’s why I use Full Site on my iPhone and iPad.
01-26-2019, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #15235
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I was viewing the forum on my iPod when I replied.

^^^^^^^^^^^This.^^^^^^^^^^^
01-26-2019, 10:57 AM - 3 Likes   #15236
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
That’s why I use Full Site on my iPhone and iPad.
Viewing the full site on my iPod requires a scanning electron microscope.
01-26-2019, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #15237
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Viewing the full site on my iPod requires a scanning electron microscope.
I hear you. An iPhone SE screen is useless. My 13.3 inch MacBook Air is bad enough, but at least tolerable, but I use an external monitor when doing more than just a quick peek.
01-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #15238
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Back in the saddle to an extent:

An eBay job lot of junk including a load of T-mounts (the main thing I wanted), three broken zooms, two Minolta MD teleconverters (which I suspect I sold to the vendor in a job lot he bought from me last year!), a Praktica TL3, and a Pentax K-M 1.7/50 which has slight fungus but is otherwise working well. Cost just under £20 including postage, on past form the Pentax lens will pay for most of it. There are also three real weirdos - three adapters for Nikon, Olympus OM and M42 lenses to Micro 4/3rds, except that they are much too short - they're only about 5mm thick, so a lens put on them would give weird "focusing beyond infinity" results. I really have no idea what they were for, but I think they might be used to put a bellows and lens for one of these makes onto a 4/3rds camera. No makers name or part number, but I'm hoping someone will have a use for them. I'll sell off some of the T-mounts too, but I try to keep a couple for each of the common mounts so that when I sell the lenses the buyer doesn't need to go looking for one.

Today's car boot sale produced a Praktica LTL3 with a nice clean M42 Soligor 28/2.8 and skylight filter for a tenner, a 72mm lens cap for a pound, and an apparently unused Brother label printing machine for £2; also a couple of DVDs at a pound each. Not a wonderful haul, but I got nothing there last week, and hopefully I'll get more at another two boot fairs tomorrow.
01-26-2019, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #15239
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got a Pentax 67 75mm f 2.8

Just picked up the rare Pentax 67 75mm f 2.8 from eBay at a good price because of damaged filter ring. Should get here Wednesday or Thursday, and I cannot wait to try it on the 645Z. Has anyone ever heard of any type of tool to restore a dented lens filter ring in order to restore the capability of using screw-in filters and hoods? I suspect the dented ring will still allow using a front cap.
01-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #15240
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Just picked up the rare Pentax 67 75mm f 2.8 from eBay at a good price because of damaged filter ring. Should get here Wednesday or Thursday, and I cannot wait to try it on the 645Z. Has anyone ever heard of any type of tool to restore a dented lens filter ring in order to restore the capability of using screw-in filters and hoods? I suspect the dented ring will still allow using a front cap.
Not easy to use so be careful and patient DSLRKIT Pro Lens Vise Tool Repair Filter Ring Ajustment Steel 27mm to 130mm | eBay