Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20313 Likes Search this Thread
03-15-2019, 05:56 AM - 2 Likes   #15646
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
That 19 will be quite nice ... put a Tak17/4 Fish-eye on your short list ... and the Tamron AD-2 17mm is nice, too, but much, much larger than the M 20/4 and the Tak Fish-eye. Both of these two fit easily in the bag and take up almost zero space.

Fisheye fun :

Tamron AD-2 17mm :

Thanks, any advice on an AF wide angle for the FF?

---------- Post added 03-15-19 at 08:58 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
my wife has been very nice to me and has allowed me to accumulate some nice equipment

some " experienced " others bought on sale

but there are limits

and I am not as dumb as I look

so I am passing on trying out the full frame K 1 and K 1 II
Used for me too. $1k for K-1 + Grip with <6000 on the shutter. I'm hoping that its as described. If the K-1 is a keeper; I'll be selling my K3 + Grip, my K-01, and one of my Q's to offset the expense - as well as a few lenses that I have in surplus once i figure out which I want to use on the FF format. I'll still have my K-5iis and my original Q to back up the K-1 if its a keeper.

03-15-2019, 06:04 AM   #15647
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
. . . Used for me too. $1k for K-1 + Grip with <6000 on the shutter. I'm hoping that its as described. If the K-1 is a keeper; I'll be selling my K3 + Grip, my K-01, and one of my Q's to offset the expense - as well as a few lenses that I have in surplus once i figure out which I want to use on the FF format. I'll still have my K-5iis and my original Q to back up the K-1 if its a keeper.
sounds like a great plan

good luck
03-15-2019, 06:11 AM - 1 Like   #15648
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It's a lot of fun with legacy FF lenses, especially the wide angle and ultra-wide angle ones. I will never part with my SMC M 20/4 ... never.

Very different than the SMC Tak 20/4.5. You need to find one of them too, not as a replacement bus as an addition.
03-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #15649
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Very different than the SMC Tak 20/4.5. You need to find one of them too, not as a replacement bus as an addition.
OK ... merci. That's good to know and this lens is already on my short list for SMC Tak's ... just have never found a nice one at a nice price.

03-15-2019, 10:31 AM - 3 Likes   #15650
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Thanks, any advice on an AF wide angle for the FF?
I no longer have any AF wide angle prime lenses. I had a F 28mm, but sold it like an idiot a year before my K-1 acquisition. I shoot all my manual wide angle primes with the hyperfocal distance dialed in and I am happy with that method.

If you have a DA 18-55 kit AF lens, it will shoot down to about 24mm before any real vignetting appears ... plus it works quite well at 18mm in the "square" frame mode in the K-1... (a dirty lil' secret that no one seems to talk about much and not mentioned in the compatibility info). If the weather is a bit "iffy", I will add a DA 18-55 WR to the bag, because I would not subject a legacy prime wide or ultra-wide to rainy weather. No need.
03-15-2019, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #15651
Veteran Member

I no longer have any AF wide angle prime lenses. I had a F 28mm, but sold it like an idiot a year before my K-1 acquisition. I shoot all my manual wide angle primes with the hyperfocal distance dialed in and I am happy with that method.

If you have a DA 18-55 kit AF lens, it will shoot down to about 24mm before any real vignetting appears ... plus it works quite well at 18mm in the "square" frame mode in the K-1... (a dirty lil' secret that no one seems to talk about much and not mentioned in the compatibility info). If the weather is a bit "iffy", I will add a DA 18-55 WR to the bag, because I would not subject a legacy prime wide or ultra-wide to rainy weather. No need.
Merci beaucoup, mon ami.
(Forum rule: Thank you very much, my friend.)
03-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #15652
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, another one

SMC Pentax-M 28/3.5 lens

From APUG classifieds
Too good a price to pass up...

Chris

03-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #15653
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
SMC Pentax-M 28/3.5 lens

From APUG classifieds

Chris
I have a M28/ 3.5, bought a year ago from a young fellow who was selling off his dad's gear and did not care what it was worth. Its sharp and easy to handle on my K-70, with great colours. Usually I shoot at f8 (about 200 ASA) where I think the colours and contrast seem best. I enjoy it so much that I have been able to resist buying the 31mm Limited.
03-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #15654
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
SMC Pentax-M 28/3.5 lens

From APUG classifieds

Chris
QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
I have a M28/ 3.5, bought a year ago from a young fellow who was selling off his dad's gear and did not care what it was worth. Its sharp and easy to handle on my K-70, with great colours. Usually I shoot at f8 (about 200 ASA) where I think the colours and contrast seem best. I enjoy it so much that I have been able to resist buying the 31mm Limited.
That was my wide lens for many years. I also used the orange markings while doing walkabout -- Point and push shutter release, get very nice pictures (except for the nut behind the viewfinder pointing in the wrong direction on numerous occasions, of course).
03-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #15655
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Car boot pickings were a bit slim; got a nice clean Mitakon 80-200 f4.5 in M42 mount with caps and UV for £8, and a set of Minolta/Sony A fit Kenko autofocus tubes for £15. I could have also bought a Nikon AI-s 50mm 1:1.4 for £80, but while I would have probably been able to sell it for £100+ I can make the same percentage with less risk on less valuable items. Also turned down an iMac G4 for £5 - the casing was badly damaged and the seller admitted it wasn't working properly, and I really can't face the work involved in fixing them any more, especially since it's primarily a collectible computer and case damage really lowers the value.
03-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #15656
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

SMC DA35/2.8 Macro

I’ve sold my SMC DA Limiteds - most acquired in the Marketplace - in favor of NIB silver HD DA Limiteds. The buyer of the SMC DA 35/2.8 Limited returned it. OK. No problem. I’ll just keep it as a dupe lens since Mike Johnston called it the best Pentax lens ever made.

So in a roundabout way my latest acquisition is a re-buy of a lens I sold - in the most literal sense of re-buy.
03-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #15657
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Car boot pickings were a bit slim; got a nice clean Mitakon 80-200 f4.5 in M42 mount with caps and UV for £8, and a set of Minolta/Sony A fit Kenko autofocus tubes for £15. I could have also bought a Nikon AI-s 50mm 1:1.4 for £80, but while I would have probably been able to sell it for £100+ I can make the same percentage with less risk on less valuable items. Also turned down an iMac G4 for £5 - the casing was badly damaged and the seller admitted it wasn't working properly, and I really can't face the work involved in fixing them any more, especially since it's primarily a collectible computer and case damage really lowers the value.
The weather, up the road a bit near Oxford was rather inclement today, with strong winds and occasional barely detectable precipitation. Might have put off some sellers.
03-16-2019, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #15658
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
The weather, up the road a bit near Oxford was rather inclement today, with strong winds and occasional barely detectable precipitation. Might have put off some sellers.
Well, I've just gone mad and bought a job lot for £56.50 on eBay - mad because the seller says that the lenses have fungus. But there's an SMC Takumar 50 f1.4 which really doesn't look too bad in the photos, and the last 50 f1.4 I had sold for more than that and looked a lot worse. Also a big Minolta beercan 70-210, a Rikenon 50mm f2, and a vintage meter that looks like it'll appeal to Bakelite collectors as well as photographers. Probably won't make a huge profit on it, but it looked like my sort of gamble.
03-17-2019, 01:38 PM   #15659
Pentaxian

Today - two car boot sales, total haul two lens hoods, plus got caught out in a hail storm. Really not my idea of fun...
03-17-2019, 02:21 PM - 3 Likes   #15660
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

XR Rikenon 35/2.8 lens

$40 on eBay

Chris