Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
06-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #16321
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
^^^ Yummy! But this thread is like a street corner pusher. Here sweet thing. Have a taste of this.

06-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #16322
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
The Flek has arrived. Let's hope it can live up it's fame,

^^^ Yummy!

But this thread is like a street corner pusher. Here sweet thing. Have a taste of this.
06-05-2019, 07:32 PM - 1 Like   #16323
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
steady, slow and easy, no need to run a marathon if you aren't prepared

good luck
Yep, no worries... Making good progress on it. Before we started, current size of the pile...
06-05-2019, 08:32 PM - 1 Like   #16324
Pentaxian

this past week...

Yashica Minister D-II.....polished the case up and cleaned fungus off an interior lens (very easy to get to!) the selenium light meter responds to light and seems accurate although I did not compare to a working meter yet......very cool range finder...speaking of which the vertical alignment is out but horizontal is fine with distance seeming appropriate....shutter smooth as silk

Yashica J-5.....very nice with the exception of the light meter seems dead

Kalimar K-90 TTL 1000 C/Y mount.....very nice with the exception of a broken battery cap but the light meter is responsive when I get proper contact....like that it is a mechanical shutter

Pentax SP-1000.....very nice but the light meter is whacked out......oddly seems to meter in the direct opposite as it should

Agfa Ansco B-2 film box camera.....cleaned up very nicely and looks great polished up.....the simple shutter linkage seems to be on par and the so called 'timed' bar works great....this one will definitely be fun to run some film through! woot!

not that it will be a very good collection but working on a pentax (sears/ricoh), yashica, some of the kodak retina series and just about any 120 medium format

06-06-2019, 01:46 AM   #16325
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Yep, no worries... Making good progress on it. Before we started, current size of the pile...
So that isn’t crushed rock, is it?

Looks like decorative pebbles, or drain rock.
06-06-2019, 02:35 AM - 2 Likes   #16326
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ordered a set of JIS screwdrivers from micro tools Europe to stop eating up little screws on lenses. Micro-Tools Europe Tools | JIS Type S Driver Set, Pollicis | buy online
06-06-2019, 03:27 AM   #16327
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Also ordered a Nikon 70-210 AF from Oxfam's online shop, they think it's faulty but I think they've tried it with the lens aperture left on manual, which is not a good idea on most Nikon AF bodies - it's £20 plus P&P so I think it's worth rolling the dice.
And got sixes! It's pristine and worked perfectly once I switched it to F32. VERY heavy trombone-type 70-210 4-5.6, all-metal construction so obviously from the early days of Nikon autofocus. Extremely pleased, and I will have to do something nice for Oxfam. Donate my next lot of unwanted books or something.

06-06-2019, 03:31 AM - 1 Like   #16328
Pentaxian

Some travelling fun from a $9 Vivitar 70-150mm 1:3.8 lens (including matched 2x tc)(through global shipment program so no stellar shipping costs or handling and import duty surprises).
06-06-2019, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #16329
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So that isn’t crushed rock, is it?

Looks like decorative pebbles, or drain rock.
Right, it is round utility grade (7/8”). Might be a little easier on the dogs’ paws than crushed. We didn’t bother with getting the washed grade, Mother Nature will eventually take care of that.
06-06-2019, 10:49 AM   #16330
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Some travelling fun from a $9 Vivitar 70-150mm 1:3.8 lens (including matched 2x tc)(through global shipment program so no stellar shipping costs or handling and import duty surprises).
So you traveled to Ashland, Ohio from the Netherlands for a holiday?

Those look like screen grabs from Google Earth, in fact, in the middle one the shadow of the camera on top of the Google Car can be seen, and the people and license plates are blurred, typical of Google Earth images.

They also look to be a bit too wide angle to have been shot with a 70-150mm lens.
06-06-2019, 10:49 AM - 2 Likes   #16331
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Today, I pulled the trigger on a couple of interesting new additions to my Soviet lens collection... A Jupiter-38 4/75 and Jupiter-39 5.6/135 in M42 mount.

They were designed for use with a Russian Selena 35mm traffic police camera which (from what I've learned online) ultimately proved unsuccessful, and production was therefore rather limited. These lenses are quite scarce, but come up for sale every now and then individually, as a pair, or as part of a complete kit including camera, viewfinders, filters, film reels and cassette, in a purpose-built case. From what I can glean, the flange focal distance is the same as for M42-mount SLRs. The 135mm is based on a Sonnar. Not sure about the 75mm... another Sonnar, or perhaps a Biotar?

I'm waiting for these to arrive from Russia, probably in 8 - 10 days time. Until then, seller's photo below... Jupiter-39 on the left, -38 on the right
Attached Images

Last edited by BigMackCam; 06-06-2019 at 12:49 PM.
06-06-2019, 10:59 AM - 2 Likes   #16332
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So you traveled to Ashland, Ohio from the Netherlands for a holiday?

Those look like screen grabs from Google Earth, in fact, in the middle one the shadow of the camera on top of the Google Car can be seen, and the people and license plates are blurred, typical of Google Earth images.

They also look to be a bit too wide angle to have been shot with a 70-150mm lens.
It's the lens that's travelling, not me. I 'm just stalking it with Google earth and usps tracking
06-06-2019, 11:54 AM   #16333
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
A used DA 40mm XS from a Pentax Forum member and a 27-52 step up ring.

My wife and I are making two international flights; one late this summer and the other next winter (separate continents) I plan on have each of us having just the two allowed carry-on items and no checked bags. I can take a dedicated camera bag that folds relatively flat and put that in my roller bag. Unfortunately, I also know that on certain connecting flights, "carry-on" isn't quite true. The smaller regional planes make you 'plane-side' check roller bags as the overhead bins are too small. What that means is ALL delicate gear and spare Lithium batteries have to fit in my day pack along with other items I want while we are in transit.

My experience is photo back packs leave little room for general day items, but multi-purpose back packs are not particularly friendly to SLR gear. A SLR with a mounted lens is an awkward shape. So during flights, I have neoprene sleeves for my K-3 body and the couple lenses I want to have. Hmmm. The DA 40mm XS isn't much bigger than a body cap, and uses the same lens design as the 40mm limited but a lot less expense.The mounted lens fits in the neoprene body case. I get a 3rd lens and a camera ready for immediate use.

The only things I really didn't like was the 27mm filter threads and the press-in 27mm front lens cap. The lens cap relies exclusively on friction (easily lost), and would require buying 27mm filters and finding a lens hood that didn't vignette. Problem solved with an super-inexpensive 27-52mm step-up ring. I already have 52mm filters, pinch-clip lens cap and a collapsible rubber hood.

Maybe you'll be interested in this:

Peak Design Travel Backpack Review Posted - Review Announcements | PentaxForums.com

I recently took a trip with it. I actually filled it with everything except photo gear, and placed the photo gear inside a small camera cube (along with earphones, Kobo eReader, etc) in a messenger bag. It gave me amazing versatility.
06-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #16334
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

It's the lens that's travelling, not me. I 'm just stalking it with Google earth and usps tracking
Well that explains everything.

Perhaps you should take a holiday and tour those same places.

06-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #16335
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter