Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2019, 01:01 AM   #17551

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Haven’t seen one of those on the auction sites in years
I had a saved eBay search set for this lens. Seems like a least one shows up a month, usually in the $100-150 USD range. The majority are from Japan. Same day I got notice of this one there was an "as-is" copy from Japan ($49 USD + free shipping). Clean outside with fungus inside.

*As is* Asahi SMC Pentax 100mm f4 bellows macro lens PK mount w/ Filter JP #2221 | eBay

[Mint] SMC PENTAX BELLOWS 100mm F4 Lens PK Mount From JAPAN | eBay

10-25-2019, 05:04 AM - 2 Likes   #17552
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Compact 180mm 3.5 Soligor lens made by Tokina

10-25-2019, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #17553
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I am so excited about this I am posting it everywhere.

Has anyone else got one sent to them?

This t-shirt showed up in my mailbox today. No note inside the envelope, and I had no idea it was coming. I don't mean to be unappreciative, because it is cool they elected to send one out to me, even in my size, but I really want the hotshoe cover.

Pentax K-1, Pentax A28mm f2.8.

So I think I figured out the mystery of the t-shirt.

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I just got myself a nice T-shirt for participating in the relaunch contest!
I too had entered a photo in the Pentax Photo Gallery contest, but had forgotten it, as I was suddenly unable to log in, somehow my user name and password had become invalid.

So there you have it.

Anyone who has a Pentax Photo Gallery can enter one of their contests (limited to residents of North America), the current contest is astrophotography.
10-25-2019, 11:12 AM - 4 Likes   #17554
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My last Made In Japan acquisition. Does it count for Asahi material?

Last edited by Jome; 03-13-2020 at 02:20 AM.
10-25-2019, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #17555
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I just picked up this 100mm f4 bellows macro lens on eBay for $35 ($44 and change with shipping and tax) USD. It was listed as mint and is pretty much so. Except for a speck of dust on the rear element it was almost spotless. Came with genuine Pentax front and rear caps and "high quality" filter (Hoya Skylight 1B) and even has the little gold inspection sticker.

To be the main stay lens on my Pentax Auto Bellow A
You made an incredible deal and now I have to hate you for it.

Steve
10-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #17556
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lately I've been collecting N scale model railroad freight cars, most from eBay.

All has been packed carefully with plenty of bubble wrap in oversize cartons.
So far not a single item has arrived damaged.

If only eBay sellers of camera gear took similar care in packing and shipping...

Chris
10-25-2019, 06:25 PM   #17557
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Lately I've been collecting N scale model railroad freight cars, most from eBay.

All has been packed carefully with plenty of bubble wrap in oversize cartons.
So far not a single item has arrived damaged.

If only eBay sellers of camera gear took similar care in packing and shipping...

Chris
Diorama time

10-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #17558
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jome Quote
It would in my house, for sure.

---------- Post added 2019-10-25 at 21:16 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You made an incredible deal and now I have to hate you for it.

Steve
Now, Now: We are considerate Pentaxians here, and hold no ill will to someone who makes incredible deals.

Don't get mad, get an even more incredible deal.
10-25-2019, 09:01 PM   #17559
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote

Don't get mad, get an even more incredible deal.
Better yet start with a fungus laden m 50 2.0 and keep trading until you get a dfa 50 1.4. Mad respect from all plus the lens.
10-26-2019, 12:33 AM - 4 Likes   #17560
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

a pound of this arrived today:

10-26-2019, 04:07 AM - 1 Like   #17561
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
a pound of this arrived today:
Some days that would be very helpful when I'm trying to debug a stored procedure at 5 am.
10-26-2019, 04:13 AM   #17562
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jome Quote
from the shape appears to be a telephoto ?
10-26-2019, 06:10 AM   #17563
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Mh. You can upgrade from W7 to W10... for me it worked even after the free period was supposed to end. And if not, an upgrade license isn't so expensive. ....
W10 download site for free upgrades from W7 or 8.1
Download Windows 10
Has worked several times for me over the last few months!
10-26-2019, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #17564

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
W10 download site for free upgrades from W7 or 8.1
Download Windows 10
Has worked several times for me over the last few months!
So far as long as you have a licensed and activated copy of Window 7 you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. However there is no guarantee that this practice will continue after support of Win 7 ends.
10-26-2019, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #17565
Pentaxian

You can get legal copies of Windows 10 pretty cheaply - the company I've used in the past was

Genuine License Keys for Windows and MS Office - TheUnitySoft

but they seem to have changed their name since I bought Windows 10 and upped their prices a bit, it's now £19.99 for Windows 10 professional, I think it was about £17 earlier this year.

Today's car boot fair "bargain" was an unopened pack of Polaroid Zinc paper for £1. Nothing else I wanted, and very few traders due to rain. But I also picked up Doctor Who S6 (the one with the Ponds) for £2 in a charity shop nearby which is pretty good, so I'm not quite writing the day off completely.

I've now tested both of the weird wide format gizmos I got in the last couple of months, the Cinemascope adapter and the weird Lomography Spinner 360 35mm camera.

The Cinemascope adapter works, except that you need a slightly long lens to start with - I ended up using a 58mm Russian lens, anything shorter had cropped corners in the final image, and something even longer might have been better. Unfortunately it's a bit of a pig to work with - you really need a tripod, the converter weighs more than a kilo, and with the camera, the lens, etc. you end up carrying about 5kg of kit. It's also very slow because for each shot you need to adjust the camera lens and the converter, bracket speed (because the lens has no connection to the camera's metering system), you have to keep everything dead level or there's distortion, etc. etc. I took 9 photos in the time it usually takes me for 50 or more when I'm testing something more conventional. Here's one of them:

The rest of this batch are here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150868539@N02/albums/72157711458861586/with/48945429152/

The Lomography Spinner 360º 35mm camera takes incredibly wide negatives on 35mm film - the whole camera whizzes round with the film pulled past the lens as it goes. You get 8-9 photos on a 36-exposure roll, and if you aren't doing your own processing it soon gets seriously expensive. And Snappy Snaps etc. really don't want to have anything to do with scanning or printing them! Ideally you're supposed to include the sprockets in pictures since they're exposed, but in practice (after messing around with my flatbed scanner and getting nowhere, it's just way too low resolution) I ended up having to convert the images in my crappy slide scanner, which really didn't want to know about anything larger than a 35mm frame, then assemble the images using stitching software. It's a bit of a pain, especially if you haven't worked with film in umpteen years and are a bit cack-handed... Some interesting results, but there was a reason I switched to digital and this really hasn't changed my mind! This picture was taken in the same location as the one above.

The rest of the spinner photos are here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150868539@N02/albums/72157711499565688

I'm not going to be keeping this kit but it was fun to play with.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 10-26-2019 at 02:17 PM.