Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2019, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #18061
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I am officially done with buying anything from eBay or from camera shops on the web for a while. My last five purchases have been one hit, the Auto 110 kit, three total strike-outs Including today’s delivery and one outfit touring the countryside on a misadventure via FedEx Ground.

Today’s acquisition is a Program Plus, SMCA 70-210 F4, SMCA 50/1.7 SMCM 28/2.8 and SMCM 135/3.5. All in “ Good used condition” A term of which I have become seriously skeptical. Anyhow, the whole shebang was packed into a women’s size 10, single wall cardboard shoe box wrapped in brown tape. It looked like a kilo brick of illicit narcotics. (It DID come from Miami). No cushioning in the ends of the box at all. The top had some foam, the bottom a bit of foam and between the lenses and camera were two wads of paper and four lose divided from a $5 camera bag! Of course, this time of year the package received some rough handling and, because of the lack of space between the sides and lenses, two were damaged. Absolutely the fault of the eBay seller for not using a better packaging solution. On top of that, all for lenses have fungus. The 28 and 50 have very little, though the 28 has a slow iris. The 135 is polluted on the inside face of the last element group. The zoom is a science project. Speaking of the zoom, it took the brunt of rough handling and is now jammed at 150mm. Somehow the camera, which had no padding behind it, arrived unscathed and is clean and functional, needing only new mirror bumper foam. I’m waiting to hear from the seller since it was a no returns auction. I guess I should hold off on playing the lottery for a while too.
I don't think "no returns" applies if the stuff is blatantly mis-described (fungus) or hopelessly packaged for sending. Or am I wrong?

12-06-2019, 08:20 AM   #18062
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I am officially done with buying anything from eBay or from camera shops on the web for a while. My last five purchases have been one hit, the Auto 110 kit, three total strike-outs Including today’s delivery and one outfit touring the countryside on a misadventure via FedEx Ground.

Today’s acquisition is a Program Plus, SMCA 70-210 F4, SMCA 50/1.7 SMCM 28/2.8 and SMCM 135/3.5. All in “ Good used condition” A term of which I have become seriously skeptical. Anyhow, the whole shebang was packed into a women’s size 10, single wall cardboard shoe box wrapped in brown tape. It looked like a kilo brick of illicit narcotics. (It DID come from Miami). No cushioning in the ends of the box at all. The top had some foam, the bottom a bit of foam and between the lenses and camera were two wads of paper and four lose divided from a $5 camera bag! Of course, this time of year the package received some rough handling and, because of the lack of space between the sides and lenses, two were damaged. Absolutely the fault of the eBay seller for not using a better packaging solution. On top of that, all for lenses have fungus. The 28 and 50 have very little, though the 28 has a slow iris. The 135 is polluted on the inside face of the last element group. The zoom is a science project. Speaking of the zoom, it took the brunt of rough handling and is now jammed at 150mm. Somehow the camera, which had no padding behind it, arrived unscathed and is clean and functional, needing only new mirror bumper foam. I’m waiting to hear from the seller since it was a no returns auction. I guess I should hold off on playing the lottery for a while too.
Full a eBay request with pictures of the lenses with the fungus. If correctly described, eBay will refund you and the seller has to pay for the shipping back. Usually the seller just let you keep the stuff.
12-06-2019, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #18063
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
more of an over-grown DA40 Limited:
Or a slightly wider FA43 Limited?
My only gripe with the Ultron is that the focusing ring is a bit to wide, and that it could have been just a tad more dampened. It's silky smooth allright, but it often gets turned just by going in and out of the bag. Othervise I'm an absolute fan.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
12-06-2019, 09:28 AM - 2 Likes   #18064
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pulled the trigger on a D FA 150-450. Should have it in hand early next week.
I've been using the 55-300PLM a lot and really wanted more reach, an additional I/3 stop won't hurt either.
Pretty excited about the lens, though it is the most expensive single piece of camera gear I've ever purchased.

12-06-2019, 11:23 AM   #18065
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by simple1 Quote
I've been using the 55-300PLM a lot and really wanted more reach, an additional I/3 stop won't hurt either.
Pretty excited about the lens, though it is the most expensive single piece of camera gear I've ever purchased.
Envious I am. I think you'll get a great deal of pleasure out of this fabulous lens.
12-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #18066

QuoteOriginally posted by simple1 Quote
That's awesome! I'm a bit green with envy over both of those lenses. Enjoy and I hope you share some pictures from the new lens.
12-06-2019, 12:01 PM   #18067
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacchini Quote
Or a slightly wider FA43 Limited?
My only gripe with the Ultron is that the focusing ring is a bit to wide, and that it could have been just a tad more dampened. It's silky smooth allright, but it often gets turned just by going in and out of the bag. Othervise I'm an absolute fan.

the focus ring on the Nokton 58/1.4 is stiffer (at least, my copy is) and less likely to get turned in the bag....

12-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #18068

Pre. Holiday Purchases to Myself
2 Pentax Logo Shoulder Bags One Black One Tan
Pentax 11x4 Lens Bag
White Beroflex M42 200 3.5 Lens
Tokina 200 3.5 Lens w/ rotating tripod collar
12-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #18069
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Envious I am. I think you'll get a great deal of pleasure out of this fabulous lens.
I sure hope to

---------- Post added 12-06-2019 at 04:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by NotMyFatDog Quote
That's awesome! I'm a bit green with envy over both of those lenses. Enjoy and I hope you share some pictures from the new lens.
Thanks! I'll post some in the lens club.
12-06-2019, 02:19 PM   #18070
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Full a eBay request with pictures of the lenses with the fungus. If correctly described, eBay will refund you and the seller has to pay for the shipping back. Usually the seller just let you keep the stuff.
I’m getting $25 back from the seller which is slightly more than 25% of the auction cost. Not great, but I’m in the Christmas spirit (I guess). Anyhow, The Program Plus is pretty nice and seems to work as it should. Needs mirror foam like every other 30 year old camera. The 50 f1.7 should be fine, even with a little fungus. Same for the 28mm. It, however has a slow aperture, so I’m going to see how it works on my Q7. The 135, all it needs is one element group cleaned. So, the only basket case is the 70-210 and in average condition it’s a $20 lens. Hopefully this seller learns how to pack items for shipment. See photos of the box.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPad Air  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPad Air  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPad Air  Photo 
12-06-2019, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #18071
Pentaxian

Another Pentacon 30mm, the one that's a rebadged Meyer Optik Lydith, in very nice condition. I paid £29 including postage, more than usual because it's in its original box and came with a tilt adapter - unfortunately for Sony Nex, but it's a model that's ridiculously expensive, listing at £100+ new on eBay for no readily apparent reason. I'll probably list it at £24.99 and see what happens - but not until the new year, I want to take a break after my current listings end at the end of next week.

Weirdly I was supposed to be looking at another 30mm today but left it too late and missed the seller. Possibly tomorrow... I say weirdly because until a few weeks ago I'd only ever seen one of these lenses, now three have come along in a couple of weeks.
12-06-2019, 05:46 PM - 2 Likes   #18072
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Finally got a SMC Pentax-K 28mm f3.5 in mail today! Took it out today and tested it for a bit and it looks good. Got it for a total of $72.33 including shipping. Makes me really want to get a KP just to mount this lens on.
12-06-2019, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #18073
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Finally got a SMC Pentax-K 28mm f3.5 in mail today! Took it out today and tested it for a bit and it looks good. Got it for a total of $72.33 including shipping. Makes me really want to get a KP just to mount this lens on.
Looking good
This is mine, Just got it too. I will go out to test it tonight.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 12-06-2019 at 08:54 PM.
12-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #18074
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pre-Mattel (Kirsten and a few others) are what she’ll want. Many of our outfits are hand-made too. These dolls were $100 25 years ago, so hundreds isn’t out of line for clean ones with the correct accessories.
Oh, I know they easily go in the hundreds. But since they had the option for OBO, I felt the need to severely low-ball. ($575 just seems excessive regardless of condition, $350 is already a high price to try selling at.) Didn't get the satisfaction of them saying no though. Never done an OBO from the seller side, so assuming you can set a threshold of some sort that does an auto-reject if too low.

The one I did get I did get as an OBO, but original asking price was maybe mid-90ish? Didn't get it for much less than asking price. I probably could have shaved a bit more off, but I did a big jump from my first offer to my second which was accepted.

I had tried shaving some money off an already really good deal on a DA lens a few days before. They countered with what the lowest they could accept as they were selling on behalf of someone else. Was only $2 less than the asking price, but I didn't get the message with the counter offer until waking up the next day and someone else already grabbed it at the asking price. I was a bit bummed and didn't want that happening with the doll.
12-07-2019, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #18075
Pentaxian

Christmas is coming

LBA was just hidden behind it, triggered for a FA 35/2 (the SMC one) for about $145 shipped...

Arrival next week (I hope)