Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2019, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #18091
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Just order a 52mm rectangular hood for my K28 f3.5.

12-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #18092
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not sure if I can call it my latest acquisition or not. I picked up a book at Goodwill today that my wife then bought for me as a Christmas present, so I won't actually be getting it for another 17 days...
12-08-2019, 08:09 PM   #18093

Picked up a pair of N&F Elephant 8s during Black Friday.
12-09-2019, 08:00 AM - 3 Likes   #18094
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kearsarge 452 foot switch

For use with my Kearsarge 201 darkroom enlarging timer.
I'm so excited - I never had a foot switch before!

Chris

12-09-2019, 08:13 AM   #18095
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Finally got a SMC Pentax-K 28mm f3.5 in mail today! Took it out today and tested it for a bit and it looks good. Got it for a total of $72.33 including shipping. Makes me really want to get a KP just to mount this lens on.
The K 28/3.5 is very handsome, lovely to use and quite a performer.
12-09-2019, 08:21 AM   #18096
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gorgarath Quote
I'm not sure if I can call it my latest acquisition or not. I picked up a book at Goodwill today that my wife then bought for me as a Christmas present, so I won't actually be getting it for another 17 days...
My birthday is in late January

So any presents arriving after Christmas Day were considered early birthday presents
12-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #18097
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I think that I have found a Pentax Monocular, is it a rare bird?

12-09-2019, 09:24 AM - 2 Likes   #18098
Pentaxian

A new set of germs from my beloved 2 YO...

Sorry, I have to "get it off my chest" - NEVER have I been sick 3 different times in 2 months!
12-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #18099
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
My birthday is in late January

So any presents arriving after Christmas Day were considered early birthday presents
Sadly, I'd have quite the wait then as my birthday isn't until May. Generally, if we get something for each other, we tend to just give it then. It's only when it's close to holidays, a birthday, or our anniversary that we hold off. Which is kind of odd since we always tell each other that we don't have to get the other anything for said dates, but I always go and get her something anyway and so she feels the need to get something for me as well since she feels weird if I get her something and she doesn't get me something. She'll probably get me something besides the book, but even if that's all, I'll be content. She can just let me slide on the money I'll end up spending on lenses...
12-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #18100
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

my newest " experienced " equipment has arrived

a Pentax Z-1 SLR camera body from Japan via Ebay

Pentax Z-1 / PZ-1 - Pentax Autofocus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
12-09-2019, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #18101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote

Sorry, I have to "get it off my chest" - NEVER have I been sick 3 different times in 2 months!
My brother has three daughters,each separated by about 18 months in age and it seemed like they had a continuous period of about 10 years when at least one member of the household had some sort of bug

Last edited by timb64; 12-09-2019 at 02:19 PM.
12-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #18102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
My brother has three daughters,each separated by about 18 monthsin age and it seemed like they had a continuous period of about 10 years when at least one member of the household had some sort of bug
This an awesome prognosis

At least I'm not alone in this.
12-09-2019, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #18103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote

Just wait till she starts school! Every fall you too will get some new childhood illness.

The worst was every time my daughter got an ear infection I got one too.
Lucky for me then I was friendly with the pharmacists at my customer sites.

Fortunately they do outgrow these things.
My daughter is a healthy 24 year-old now.

Chris
12-09-2019, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #18104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Just got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 body for £39 - this one's for me, I'll be selling on the DMC-GF2 I got a few weeks ago. Basically the GF2 doesn't have an eye level electronic viewfinder, I decided I needed one and went looking for the add-on viewfinder (which turns out to be VERY expensive), but found Cash Converters selling the G1, which has it built in, for considerably less. Hopefully the G1 will be more to my liking, I compose photos a lot better with a bridge camera or SLR than I do with the rear screen of the GF2. Fingers crossed anyway!
Arrived today and it is VERY nice, much better than the DMC-GF2 - basically, it feels like I'm using a proper SLR, not a mobile phone with a lens on the back. Really bulky compared to the GF2, but that's largely because the GF2 doesn't have the big rotating screen on the back. The main thing is that the viewfinder seems to work really well when focusing a manual lens, so lens test photos etc. should be a lot easier. Certainly improves my impression of mirrorless bodies.

Bonus - the USB cable for this turns out to be the same as the one I was supplied with in error a couple of weeks ago, not the one for the DMC-GF2, so ethically I suppose I should contact the guy who supplied the wrong cable and pay for it. Greed is telling me to forget about it, but given it only cost a couple of pounds I think I'll let ethics win.

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
This weekend's car boot stuff

Yesterday a Pure Evoke digital radio - for £0.50, but it doesn't have a power supply. I'm going to try a few markets etc. before I give in and pay £8.59 for one...
Also received the power supply for this, which I ended up ordering from China, and it's working very well. Hoping to link it up to my hifi system, the old receiver in that is FM, not digital.
12-09-2019, 04:29 PM   #18105
Pentaxian

Just got a brand new, well new to me at least, Citizen Paradigm Titanium Eco-Drive watch. Missing a few links and the case back and strap is a bit scuffed but otherwise it's in excellent condition. The crystal is near perfect. Only downside is that there's no lume but that's not too bad.