Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #18691
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Great fun.

How noisy is it?I've toyed with the idea of one for a while, but have been put off by the "nuisance factor" for other people.
I, for one, appreciate that concern

01-28-2020, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #18692
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great fun.

How noisy is it?I've toyed with the idea of one for a while, but have been put off by the "nuisance factor" for other people.
I'm also considering one. I do some real estate photos and more and more people want drone shots.
The annoyance factor is also on my mind so I'd also try to be considerate.
Around here, birds of prey will also attack drones so there is that to worry about too.
I'm looking at the Phantom Pro 2 to get RAW capabilities.
01-28-2020, 10:08 AM   #18693
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yep...around here they are illegal in most public recreation and scenic areas and once out of the 'burbs, drones are considered suitable substitute for skeet.

Steve
01-28-2020, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #18694
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep...around here they are illegal in most public recreation and scenic areas and once out of the 'burbs, drones are considered suitable substitute for skeet.

Steve
They are also suitable targets for .22 shooters and air rifles.

01-28-2020, 04:30 PM   #18695
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Drone videos were a novelty at first but by now have grown tiresome.
To me they all look pretty much the same.

Chris
01-28-2020, 04:45 PM - 6 Likes   #18696
Veteran Member

Picked up my PF Christmas present in the mail today.
01-28-2020, 05:05 PM   #18697
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Picked up my PF Christmas present in the mail today.
Congrats, Bert

01-28-2020, 07:54 PM - 2 Likes   #18698

Pentax 24-70mm f/2.8. Got it used from Adorama and there's two small marks on the glass but I can't see any ill effect on the images. Only a few photos taken so far but I'm happy with it.

I believe the green above the eyes is simply the flash bouncing out of her eyes. About 12 weeks old but the vet estimated 6 weeks when she appeared on our porch. Just one of too many rescues in our house.

I guess that's the two most recent acquisitions...

https://flic.kr/p/2impV8D

01-29-2020, 03:44 AM - 2 Likes   #18699
Pentaxian

A black ME Super sold as 'fully working'. Couldn't be much further from the truth, unfortunately. Back door edges are covered in corrosion, missing winder attachment cover on base, no 'spring' to the shutter door latch, rewind knob not smooth in turning or pulling up, winder doesn't return on it's own, shutter doesn't fire, mirror does not look to be original, or has had the corners chamfered for whatever reason. Batteries in there and meter appears to think it's darker than it is however. Tokina 28mm 2.8 lens supplied with it is stuck wide open also.

Return case initiated.
01-29-2020, 04:29 AM - 1 Like   #18700
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
A black ME Super sold as 'fully working'. Couldn't be much further from the truth, unfortunately. Back door edges are covered in corrosion, missing winder attachment cover on base, no 'spring' to the shutter door latch, rewind knob not smooth in turning or pulling up, winder doesn't return on it's own, shutter doesn't fire, mirror does not look to be original, or has had the corners chamfered for whatever reason. Batteries in there and meter appears to think it's darker than it is however. Tokina 28mm 2.8 lens supplied with it is stuck wide open also.

Return case initiated.
How annoying.Better luck with your next acquisition.
01-29-2020, 04:42 AM   #18701
Pentaxian

How annoying.Better luck with your next acquisition.
Thanks for the good luck! At £25 posted it was worth the gamble, especially given its description as 'fully working'. If it had been a tenner, it might be worth trying to salvage as a good introduction into fixing film cameras. Alas, I'm not in the mood to try and address all the issues so it'll be going back to the seller.

Fortunately I've picked 3 ME Supers up prior to this one recently, and one MX. I've not paid more than £20 for any one camera (MX included), especially as two came from one lot along with a PK/A Kiron 28mm f/2! All appear to be working wonderfully, especially as I've changed the seals in the lot of them (less the MX, which I'll be changing after exhausting a roll of film).

Update: After working the system a little bit - winding on until I can 'cock' the shutter, it's allowed me to advance the lever but not fire.
A little more working and now it's firing each time. Still, strange that it wasn't doing that initially...

Further updates: It is now working without issue every time, so I've started cleaning it up. I'll probably keep it and make it a 'project' camera - the brassing on the top and bottom looks lovely, so it'll just be a bit of rustiness on the doors to sort, and simple light seals. I might change the leatherette for something different to have an injection of colour, but on that front I'm undecided. The condition isn't actually as bad as I anticipated, and I can always chuck on a door from another ME Super if I decide against sanding, priming and repainting it.

Last edited by Benz3ne; 01-29-2020 at 08:40 AM.
01-29-2020, 05:42 AM   #18702
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
Yes, in my area all of the local parks have NO DRONES signs posted.

If I see any around my house in town, they will be considered a target for my RWS .177 (4.5mm) pellet rifle.
01-29-2020, 05:57 AM - 3 Likes   #18703
Pentaxian

I bought myself Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 lens, can't wait to use it and show you new pictures alongside with my new baby Pentax KP I only got 2 weeks ago!

01-29-2020, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #18704
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Prohibitiory Quote
I bought myself Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 lens, can't wait to use it and show you new pictures alongside with my new baby Pentax KP I only got 2 weeks ago!
Nice haul! I, for one, look forward to seeing what you generate with that combo!
01-29-2020, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #18705
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Nice haul! I, for one, look forward to seeing what you generate with that combo!
Thanks hope to post something soon!