Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
02-08-2020, 10:55 PM - 2 Likes   #18811
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yes, I agree that the X100V seems very, very nice and the price point is outrageous (for me, for what you get).

I kind of bought the X100s to get "that bug" out of my system and to see if it is really for me. I have a Fuji friend with the X100F and I really like it after a short loan shoot. If I get another Fuji, it will probably be the X-T30 and the 23 will be on the short list, too.

At this moment my oldest daughter (18) is in love with the X100s and I cannot seem to pry it out of her hands. Cheers, J
I'm being drawn to it as well.... but head says just get a DA 21 for the KP.... the 100V is about $2,300.... I can probally get a new silver 21 for $550 at some stage.... bloody heart though......

02-09-2020, 01:18 AM - 1 Like   #18812
Pentaxian

Three Sigmas

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Looks like a good haul Gary. From Gumtree??
Carl, the EX lenses were originally on Gumtree and also on another un-named auction website. The seller was a long drive out of town and had received limited interest, but no longer has a Pentax system.

The two EX lenses are DC, so suitable for crop sensor only. I realised that and it is no problem. I have a K-70 so they work well and the results are very sharp.

I will post some test shots when I can get to do some more rigourous tests, maybe not for a few weeks
02-09-2020, 03:06 AM - 1 Like   #18813
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
just picked up a Pentax Super Program chrome and black

and a Nikon PROSTAFF 5 20-60x82mm Angled Body Fieldscope

from my brick and mortar photo store - Wolfe's Camera - Wolfe's Camera Shop | Topeka KS

bonus my Pentax Winder ME II works with the Super Program -

Read more at: Pentax Winder ME II reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Allen I have a Program A (the cut-down specification version of the Super Program). The ME Winder II works on this, so my dilemma is whether to sell the Program A with the winder, or with some black tape over the film advance sprocket - I see your photo shows yours without the sprocket cap. I kinda like to keep the winder to use with my ME Super (if I ever use it again????). I can sell the Program A with a Pentax A 35-70mm f4 lens, which is quite a smart package.
02-09-2020, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #18814
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found two caps on ebay that I hope will fit

the " ever ready " cases that I have for the M E X and Super Program do not permit the use of the winder so I plan on using the caps most of the time

02-09-2020, 05:02 AM - 3 Likes   #18815
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
He gave the dimensions as 3”x4”. I also miss the larger Medium Flat Rate.

I have to agree with your earlier post. Of the hundreds of packages I have shipped and received over the last 20 or so years I know of only one inbound and one outbound that was delivered in that condition.
I try to keep supplies available to allow packaging lenses and cameras in a small box with plenty of bubble wrap around the product, then pack the small box inside a larger box, often a 12" x 12" x 12" box with plenty of crushed kraft paper to hold the smaller box toward the center of the large box. Postage and packing costs may be a few dollars higher, but the chance of damage is almost nonexistent--cheap insurance, I say.
02-09-2020, 06:12 AM - 2 Likes   #18816
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yes, I agree that the X100V seems very, very nice and the price point is outrageous (for me, for what you get).

I kind of bought the X100s to get "that bug" out of my system and to see if it is really for me. I have a Fuji friend with the X100F and I really like it after a short loan shoot. If I get another Fuji, it will probably be the X-T30 and the 23 will be on the short list, too.

At this moment my oldest daughter (18) is in love with the X100s and I cannot seem to pry it out of her hands. Cheers, J
I had the Fuji X bug. Started with an original new X100. Lovely camera, but the 23mm lens FOV just did not do it for me, so sold it on a few years ago. Then a couple of years later an Xpro1 in great nick became available for under £200, add another £200 for the 27mm f2.8 lens and I had the perfect, for me combination. Or so I thought, but the AF on the Xpro1 with that lens is slow and clunky, and the EVF not so great, so tried an XE2s (again for £200). Much better performance, but not so nice to have and hold. Sold on the Xpro1 at no financial loss. Still not satisfied though, so now have picked up a really great condition XT1 for £260. I think I have now found my ideal Fuji X model. It is barely larger than the XE2s, feels much better constructed and for my hands nicer to hold, and the EVF is BIG! I will probably keep the XE2s as a back up and/or to try out some of the cheap manual focus Chinese lenses. The Meike 50mm f1.7 and 7artisans 25mm f1.8 are already in my stable and produce very nice images, though they do take some getting used to due to handling quirks.
02-09-2020, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #18817
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I try to keep supplies available to allow packaging lenses and cameras in a small box with plenty of bubble wrap around the product, then pack the small box inside a larger box,
often a 12" x 12" x 12" box with plenty of crushed kraft paper to hold the smaller box toward the center of the large box.
Postage and packing costs may be a few dollars higher, but the chance of damage is almost nonexistent--cheap insurance, I say.

Amen, brother!

Years ago when a camera repairman we all know and most of us love used to work on all brands
he shipped back my repaired Nikon F2 via UPS. His small shipping box arrived obviously damaged.
I filed a claim, but UPS refused to pay due to insufficient package. Camera inside was a total loss.

Apparently it was not the first time this happened. Since around the time of that incident said repairman uses USPS.

Note that this occurred before I became employed by USPS, so it is a pre-"Postal Bubble" incident.

Chris

02-09-2020, 08:48 AM - 2 Likes   #18818
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I try to keep supplies available to allow packaging lenses and cameras in a small box with plenty of bubble wrap around the product, then pack the small box inside a larger box, often a 12" x 12" x 12" box with plenty of crushed kraft paper to hold the smaller box toward the center of the large box. Postage and packing costs may be a few dollars higher, but the chance of damage is almost nonexistent--cheap insurance, I say.
I purchase Kraft Paper sheets in 20lb. lots, bubble wrap sealable bags in various sizes and (free) USPS shipping boxes 25 - 50 at a time. I no longer use peanuts. My packages would literally have to be run over by a truck before the contents would be damaged.
02-09-2020, 10:04 AM   #18819
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My brother complains about his mail delivery all the time. The last time I sent him a flat rate box, I built a box inside the USPS box out of 3/4" exterior plywood, nailed and glued with waterproof glue. Bubble wrap and paper, hah!
02-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #18820
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
My brother complains about his mail delivery all the time. The last time I sent him a flat rate box, I built a box inside the USPS box out of 3/4" exterior plywood, nailed and glued with waterproof glue. Bubble wrap and paper, hah!
A bit excessive, no? But entirely understandable.

The mail people here drive me crazy. I have subscriptions to and memberships in societies that mail out high quality printed monthly periodicals. All of them will fit flat in my rural mail box with plenty of room to spare, and all of them are folded. I have to weight them down and wait to read them comfortably. Canada Post and USPS seem to not care at all. The days of the mail[man] as the loyal and friendly person are long gone.
02-09-2020, 10:52 AM - 5 Likes   #18821

My last lenses. for a while, I guess.
I'm afraid that my wallet wont like my passion anymore
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-09-2020, 11:00 AM   #18822
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Canada Post and USPS seem to not care at all. The days of the mail[man] as the loyal and friendly person are long gone.

Wow, that's some generalization. Have you spoken to your carrier?
If he/she is rubber banding your "flats" simply ask them not to do so.

Again, realize the days of mail processing by hand are long gone...

Chris
02-09-2020, 11:46 AM   #18823
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I purchase Kraft Paper sheets in 20lb. lots, bubble wrap sealable bags in various sizes and (free) USPS shipping boxes 25 - 50 at a time. I no longer use peanuts. My packages would literally have to be run over by a truck before the contents would be damaged.
That sounds great if you would have to have a truck run over it to cause damage. Only problem is, some of these delivery companies HAVE trucks!
02-09-2020, 12:06 PM   #18824
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
or with some black tape over the film advance sprocket - I see your photo shows yours without the sprocket cap.
I don't think I have seen any of the supporting bodies with a cap. It makes one wonder if they were all sold with winders with the caps being left stowed on the winder.

Steve
02-09-2020, 12:17 PM   #18825
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
That reminds me of the packaging used for the "Sightseeing Screwmount" Pentax SV that was widely circulated on loan between many Pentax Forums members back in the good-old-days. Someone crafted a plywood box for the camera with ST 55/1.8 attached, ST 28/3.5 (in case), and hand-held selenium meter all properly secured. This box was then placed inside a larger cardboard shipping box with additional padding.

Steve