Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #19381
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
My birthday just went by. My son & D-I-L gave me two boxes of candy, a bottle of hand sanitizer and a roll of toilet paper.
That candy may come in handy. Word has it that See's Candy stopped production today, due to the COVID-19 epidemic.

Steve

03-28-2020, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #19382
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
By odd coincidence, I will also be 08 on June 8, and still capable of walking around with my Z and long lenses!
When I worked in Chicago for four years ending 2004, I took advantage of the big city to take some lessons in playing classical organ. I walked into a music store on State St. and was browsing for the works my teacher had assigned, when a gentleman with a beard similar to mine and glasses like mine walked over and offered assistance. Jonathan was a retired Minister of Music (Master of Choir & Organ from Southern Methodist) in his retirement job. He will be 08 on June 8; he is my "much older twin brother". I guess that makes it triplets! I was a difficult birth: it took 2 extra days ...
03-28-2020, 04:21 PM   #19383
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That candy may come in handy. Word has it that See's Candy stopped production today, due to the COVID-19 epidemic.

Steve
Breweries have protected status and will continue production,right??!
03-28-2020, 04:21 PM   #19384
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Even worse for me I’d end up being 65!!!....Noooooooo!
Just you wait ...

03-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #19385
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Just you wait ...
I used to say to my Dad,it doesn’t look fun getting old and his reply was always “No son, but it beats the alternative!”
03-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #19386
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
actually I found such cases ( not original ) for my ME Super and Super Program

the ME Super fits fine and the Super Program is close enough to use
Yes I believe you. I double checked the dimensions of the MX against the ME Super and it's only 5mm difference so an ME case should work on the MX. I will find out shortly.
03-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #19387
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That candy may come in handy. Word has it that See's Candy stopped production today, due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Steve
The candy they gave me comes from a unique local maker called Robertson's. I could not begin to describe how good it is. Chances are they are shut down as their product can only be bought at their one, single store. It would be a tremendous loss if they cannot survive the period of shutdown. So many only-one local merchants are terribly vulnerable. I also worry about the local gym where I exercise. They were just completing repairs to an area damaged by a fire generated by one of the machines. The entire gym had been closed for weeks while they arranged an alternative entry, but that was done and they were open with access to most areas including the pool. I really need my time there, especially on the cross trainer. My endurance declines too much when I don't get a regular, vigorous cardio-respiratory workout.

03-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #19388
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by degral Quote
Yes I believe you. I double checked the dimensions of the MX against the ME Super and it's only 5mm difference so an ME case should work on the MX. I will find out shortly.
ME Super and case
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
03-30-2020, 02:20 PM - 2 Likes   #19389
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

update

deliveries yesterday and today of loose leaf teas:

Darjeeling,

Irish Breakfast,

Earl Grey,

English Breakfast and

a House Again Tea Ball Infuser & Cooking Infuser, Extra Fine Mesh Tea Infuser Threaded Connection, for Single Cup

and an Official Glencairn Scottish Whisky Glass Engraved with 'My Heart is in the Highland's' Robert Burns Quote | Made in Scotland as well ]

however as Robert Burns wrote:

QuoteQuote:
. . . The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men
Gang aft agley, . . .
the Earl Grey has a used by date of 06/Dec/2019 ( I complained to Amazon and secured a full refund and told not to send it back )

I decided to use some Glenfiddich 15 year old Single Malt Scotch to try out the Glencairn glass

and the cork stopper broke in half

got it out but there is a " little more body ( cork fragments ) " in the bottle then there was before
03-30-2020, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #19390
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
update

deliveries yesterday and today of loose leaf teas:

Darjeeling,

Irish Breakfast,

Earl Grey,

English Breakfast and

a House Again Tea Ball Infuser & Cooking Infuser, Extra Fine Mesh Tea Infuser Threaded Connection, for Single Cup

and an Official Glencairn Scottish Whisky Glass Engraved with 'My Heart is in the Highland's' Robert Burns Quote | Made in Scotland as well ]

however as Robert Burns wrote:

the Earl Grey has a used by date of 06/Dec/2019 ( I complained to Amazon and secured a full refund and told not to send it back )

I decided to use some Glenfiddich 15 year old Single Malt Scotch to try out the Glencairn glass

and the cork stopper broke in half

got it out but there is a " little more body ( cork fragments ) " in the bottle then there was before
Cork is a vegetable, sort of, and will do nothing to ruin your diet. I'm sure there are no sugars in it.
03-30-2020, 03:49 PM   #19391
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Cork is a vegetable, sort of, and will do nothing to ruin your diet. I'm sure there are no sugars in it.
No you're wrong,cork is a well known poison, it will taint the the whisky.If Allen sends me the rest of the bottle I'll dispose of it for him safely
03-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #19392
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No you're wrong,cork is a well known poison, it will taint the the whisky.If Allen sends me the rest of the bottle I'll dispose of it for him safely
Good one!
03-30-2020, 04:48 PM - 3 Likes   #19393
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 in k-mount...
03-30-2020, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #19394
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

sorry

if only I had known earlier I would have put it in the mail right away

instead, I used a loose tea leaf strainer to catch the fragments of cork and decanted the Scotch into a decanter

removing all of the cork

very similar to this

but mine has a ship engraved on it
Attached Images

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-30-2020 at 05:20 PM.
03-31-2020, 12:03 AM - 2 Likes   #19395
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just got a lightweight Manfrotto monopod from Amazon. I figure it will be light and small enough to carry around when I don't want to lug a tripod with me.