Super-low serial 43

and a black KM (my initials)

My wife exampled a special kind of patience when I excitedly showed her the 43
I've had one of those at home for almost 55 years now
04-08-2020, 03:44 AM - 3 Likes   #19473
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hello, It is a 'special acquisition'.
A colleague of mine is leaving the country and knew that I was somehow 'taking pictures' as a hobby.
He asked me if I was interested with some of his belongings that he would probably not be able to take with him...
...to be followed
04-08-2020, 03:50 AM - 3 Likes   #19474
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChatMechant Quote
Just a couple things that only my fellow Pentaxians will appreciate:
Super-low serial 43

"Yes dear"
"OK dear"
"Hmm, that's nice"
"Whatever makes you happy dear"

Something like that?

04-08-2020, 04:55 AM   #19475
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Received another job lot with numerous problems yesterday and ended up requesting a return - in the end the seller gave me a full refund and told me to keep it. It's Minolta Dynax gear including a body, a couple of Sigma lenses with slight fungus, and a big flash that doesn't work on the camera although it does test fire, which is a bit odd - I'm going to give it all to a charity shop once the lockdown ends.
04-08-2020, 05:49 AM - 4 Likes   #19476
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
I'm going to give it all to a charity shop once the lockdown ends.
Just remember the specifics so you don't buy them again in a couple months!
04-08-2020, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #19477
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChatMechant Quote
Just a couple things that only my fellow Pentaxians will appreciate:
Super-low serial 43

and a black KM (my initials)

Nice on the 43. My original 77mm was number 37.

04-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #19478
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I bite the bullet and bought On1 Photo, took advantage of their 50% off launch sale. I think the tutorials alone are worth the price.
04-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #19479
Pentaxian

An update on the Sigma 18-35mm Art that I bought recently: Been having a debacle with UPS. While waiting for and tracking the package, UPS updated the status to delivered at 3:25pm. But it hasn't been delivered to my address - I know. I was watching out the front door from 3:00 until about 4:30. I called UPS where they said that the tracking number, recipients name and address were all incomplete or incorrect. But it was tracking correctly, the name and address on the order page placed through eBay was correct, and the tracking page said delivered. Unfortunately, UPS can't give me any more information because they need a "correct" tracking number, but they were able to process my call correctly when they asked for the order details. SO... I'm at an impasse here. I sent a message to the seller but I have little to no trust and confidence in them actually replying to my message and I should wait for the information from the seller before going off on a rant at UPS with nothing to back it up. All I want to know is where my package is.
04-08-2020, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #19480
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I received a Sigma 24mm F2.8 AF Super Wide II and Sigma OEM 'Perfect Hood" from a forum member

[ another forum member had loaned to me the MF version but with my eyes, I needed the AF version, so I returned the MF one to that forum member with my thanks ]

I will primarily use it as my "wide angle lens " when I use the ME Super or Super Program or Z-1 SLR cameras
04-08-2020, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #19481
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
a new Acer 32" monitor is up an running here, replacing a Viewsonic 27" that ended up on my co-worker's (re: wife's) desk...
Yeah, I’ve been WFH tech Support for mrs monochrome also. She has my 32’ monitor and I dug out an old 19” monitor for my personal PC. I have a dual 32” and docking station w/ good keyboard and mouse for my employers laptop in my WFH space.

My only recent purchase (since the FA*80~200/2.8) has been office supplies to replace the stuff sitting in my office at RealWork. I’m restricted to WFH until Memorial Day.
04-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #19482
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
An update on the Sigma 18-35mm Art that I bought recently: Been having a debacle with UPS. While waiting for and tracking the package, UPS updated the status to delivered at 3:25pm. But it hasn't been delivered to my address - I know. I was watching out the front door from 3:00 until about 4:30. I called UPS where they said that the tracking number, recipients name and address were all incomplete or incorrect. But it was tracking correctly, the name and address on the order page placed through eBay was correct, and the tracking page said delivered. Unfortunately, UPS can't give me any more information because they need a "correct" tracking number, but they were able to process my call correctly when they asked for the order details. SO... I'm at an impasse here. I sent a message to the seller but I have little to no trust and confidence in them actually replying to my message and I should wait for the information from the seller before going off on a rant at UPS with nothing to back it up. All I want to know is where my package is.
A few years ago, we sent an Xmas present of NHL (National Hockey League) paraphernalia to a relative in Vancouver, British Columbia shipped from Toronto. Somehow it went missing for a bit and eventually turned up in Mississippi ...somehow. We did get it sorted out after awhile.
04-08-2020, 07:03 PM   #19483
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
"Yes dear"
"OK dear"
"Hmm, that's nice"
"Whatever makes you happy dear"

Something like that?
Pretty much. Shes a saint.

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Nice on the 43. My original 77mm was number 37.
Wowwwww.
04-08-2020, 09:18 PM - 2 Likes   #19484
Pentaxian

Bided and ended up winning (I did not check back on it until the bidding was over) a Meyer-Optik Oreston 50mm 1:1.8... nothing special, but for me it is my first German!
04-09-2020, 12:01 AM   #19485
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Bided and ended up winning (I did not check back on it until the bidding was over) a Meyer-Optik Oreston 50mm 1:1.8... nothing special, but for me it is my first German!
I've seen some great results from these and the Pentacon 50/1.8. Looking forward to seeing the results in your capable hands, Ed!