Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2020, 12:16 PM   #19666
Veteran Member

I agree, my copy of the 50 mm Macro lens is glued to the K5II body that is fixed to a tripod to make product shots.
Used almost daily. I was tempted to get me a Sigma 50/2.8 Macro lens with AF.
So far i did not want to spend around 130 USD for that lens.
The Sigma lens is not a better lens. I do like MF so why bother?

I use a couple of Elinchrom monoblocks for product shots.
Latest addition a powerful Multiblitz monoblock with a Broncolor stand.
Could mean the Elinchrom ones will have to leave.
Lets see first how the Multiblitz performs.

05-12-2020, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #19667
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
A used but working copy of the SMC Pentax-A Macro 50mm 1:2.8
I have one of them, bought it used back in the eighties and it is still producing great results. The best nifty fifty there is. It will do everything except low light and bokeh, but I have six other fifties for that.
05-13-2020, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #19668
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I’ve been saving sale proceeds in my PayPal account awaiting pre-order for the DFA*85/1.4. In these times, with income and investments down 20% (yes, I know - at least I have income and investments) I should sell some gear before I buy more gear.

Unfortunately mrs monochrome just learned she is relegated to WFH until at least August 1st, and possibly until January 1st. I was told I won’t be returned at the office (over 60) except to meet clients - but they otherwise prefer I Work From Home indefinitely. Consequently our cobbled together workspaces just won’t work any more, so we both had to clean out our Mad Money accounts and buy:
  • WMF Laser Printer/Copier/Scanner so she can print near her desk instead of emailing to our personal PC and printing there.
  • 54” table/desk for me to replace 3 occasional tables of varying heights
  • 2x24” Monitors to replace an elderly 21” and 22”
  • Real office chairs to replace chairs removed from the living room
  • Cheapest iPad possible because all her work meetings are insecure Zoom and her Mac has too much personal stuff on it.
No 85 and no K-new for me, I guess, (and more gear sales too).
Cisco are temporarily offering their Webex videoconferencing software for free, I suppose in the hope that many who are forced to use videoconferencing will keep it after the pandemic has died down. It's much more secure than Zoom - it has to be as it's marketed entirely to businesses.

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
A used but working copy of the SMC Pentax-A Macro 50mm 1:2.8

The A 50/2.8 macro is a superb lens.
05-13-2020, 11:00 AM - 1 Like   #19669
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Crushed Velvet 60' X 1m. In black, wine and champagne. For use with my developing still life obsession.

05-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #19670
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hippone Quote
My latest acquisition. Manfrotto Bella V Camera Shoulder Bag

for my first try It may contain all these lenses ( FA 43mm ,DA 70mm Ltd , DA 35mm Ltd , DA 14mm DA, 40mm. Ltd ) the K3 with it's a grip and the DA*16 50mm. GREAT

Thanks for your attention
I have one of those bags. I bought it new in a shop near the Tainan train station. You are ambitious hoping to get all those lenses into it.
05-13-2020, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #19671
Loyal Site Supporter

Tamron 70-200 2.8, $410 shipped. Happy day!
05-13-2020, 01:43 PM - 3 Likes   #19672
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

the members of the forums are great

On May 6 I posted a " wanted " notice seeking a replacement of my D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro which I had screwed up

got 3 responses and it looks like I found the one for me

it is being shipped to me for final approval

05-13-2020, 02:05 PM - 2 Likes   #19673
Pentaxian

My most recent acquisition involved GAS, but not Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

We had a natural gas leak out under the street in front of our house and in the line to our house so today a bunch of men and their very big toys installed a new one. There was never any danger from the leak (just an odor) although I was shocked that the flag man controlling traffic on our street was smoking and then further shocked to learn that putting in a new line entailed welding a pipe to the main gas line.
05-13-2020, 03:39 PM   #19674
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I have one of those bags. I bought it new in a shop near the Tainan train station. You are ambitious hoping to get all those lenses into it.
Why ambitious! all of these lenses are realy in the bag i confirm
05-13-2020, 05:40 PM   #19675
Pentaxian

I finally got the 18-35 Art in today and I think I have a really good copy. Focusing is a bit of an issue because it seems like it likes to miss focus on the first shot but then refocusing gets it right on target. It could also be that the lens is too sharp to properly show on the rear display. Either way it's giving my DA*16-50 a run for it's money and I think I'll be selling my EX 28mm f1.8 as it's now been obsolesced, nice lens though it may be.
05-13-2020, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #19676
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Chrome KM with a recent CLA by Eric, in the Marketplace. Now I have at least one copy of each K body camera. I guess I’ll sell the SuperPROGRAM to make room in the camera drawer.
05-14-2020, 02:54 AM - 1 Like   #19677
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
My most recent acquisition involved GAS, but not Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

We had a natural gas leak out under the street in front of our house and in the line to our house so today a bunch of men and their very big toys installed a new one. There was never any danger from the leak (just an odor) although I was shocked that the flag man controlling traffic on our street was smoking and then further shocked to learn that putting in a new line entailed welding a pipe to the main gas line.
I can only guess that they turned the gas off further upstream before firing(!) up the welder.
05-14-2020, 05:51 AM   #19678
Pentaxian

A K SMC Pentax 200mm 1:4 crossed my path so I snapped it up for €30,- (some one had bid €20 for it and I didn't want to see it go 'sold'for that price.)

05-14-2020, 06:24 AM   #19679
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

^ The hood and caps alone are worth GBP30!
05-14-2020, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #19680
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I can only guess that they turned the gas off further upstream before firing(!) up the welder.
No doubt! But I'm sure there's some tricky bits -- even when the gas is shut-off, there's residual pressure in the lines. At one point one of the workmen dressed up in a full kevlar suit, helmet, oxygen tank, mask etc. to work in the hole -- probably to remove the old tap and open up the main line to install the new tap.

The welder did not wear any protective gear beyond what an ordinary welder uses. After he was done, it was a little unnerving to see the gas main still smoking from the residual heat of welding on the new tap.

It was quite a production: at least six trucks, two trailers, a backhoe, horizontal directional drill, and a dozen men. Although it took then some time to get started in the morning, they were done and gone by early afternoon.

Last edited by photoptimist; 05-14-2020 at 06:43 AM.