Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2020, 11:58 AM   #20566
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
...Also five boxes of paper clips for a pound, and an Apple Magsafe charger for a fiver. ...
You must have a LOT of paper to "clip together" - personally I found them a complete "pain", as the sheaf of paper invariably came out of the clip, thus resulting in a "mess" which then took time to sort out AGAIN!

Bought a range of sizes of staplers - either the sheaf got stapled, or it got binned as "not of any interest"

Last edited by jeallen01; 09-19-2020 at 12:29 PM.
09-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #20567
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
You must have a lot of paper to "clip together" - personally I found them a complete "pain", as the sheaf of paper invariably came out of the clip, thus resulting in a "mess" which then took time to sort out AGAIN!

Bought a range of sizes of staplers - either the sheaf got stapled, or it got binned as "not of any interest"
I have a "stapler" that uses no staples: it punches and folds the sheets of paper together with the punched part of the paper.
09-19-2020, 11:21 PM   #20568
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You must have a LOT of paper to "clip together" - personally I found them a complete "pain", as the sheaf of paper invariably came out of the clip, thus resulting in a "mess" which then took time to sort out AGAIN!

Paper clips of course have a lot of other uses. I discovered many years ago, that when attached to a small elastic band they make very effective projectile weapons, capable of being fired across streets or sicking into plaster board.
09-20-2020, 05:45 AM - 1 Like   #20569
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-3 & battery grip
[I[/I]I absolutely love the image quality and high ISO performance of my KP, unfortunately, its shutter button location and small (even with the largest grip) grip profile cause my carpal tunnel/arthritis to go nuts when shooting with heavy DA* lenses. My K5iis is a worthy substitute for any subject except small songbirds. 16MP is not enough file size to crop heavily. So, I bought a 13K actuations K-3 and grip set here on the marketplace. Ergonomics of the K-3 are perfect for me, just like the K-5iis.
Autofocus on the K-3 also works much better with my DA*300/4 and 60/250/4, than the K-5iis. No, the image files aren’t as clean as the KP, but I can now use the KP with my lightweight 55-300PLM and 16-85.

09-20-2020, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #20570
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
K-3 & battery grip
[I[/I]I absolutely love the image quality and high ISO performance of my KP, unfortunately, its shutter button location and small (even with the largest grip) grip profile cause my carpal tunnel/arthritis to go nuts when shooting with heavy DA* lenses. My K5iis is a worthy substitute for any subject except small songbirds. 16MP is not enough file size to crop heavily. So, I bought a 13K actuations K-3 and grip set here on the marketplace. Ergonomics of the K-3 are perfect for me, just like the K-5iis.
Autofocus on the K-3 also works much better with my DA*300/4 and 60/250/4, than the K-5iis. No, the image files aren’t as clean as the KP, but I can now use the KP with my lightweight 55-300PLM and 16-85.
I've had my K-3 for quite a few years now, and it fits my hands perfectly. I bought it with a grip. The K10D that I replaced had a grip and it felt more balanced with than without. I've tried the K-3 without, and I have too many fingers that aren't holding onto the camera.

I shoot DNG+JPG always (two cards), JPG on #2, DNG on #1. I find that my kit of Lightroom classic and DxO 11 can handle the images quite well to make any corrections that the JPG needs from the DNG copy. I recently sold a 20x30 metallic print to a real estate office and the local Chamber of Commerce of a very contrasty subject. They stand up very well to close examination. The file was converted to TIFF in DxO after minor adjustments and it turned out to the customers' satisfaction.
09-21-2020, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #20571
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nikkormat FT2 with 50/2 Nikkor lens

Very clean and everything works
$75 plus shipping on eBay

Chris
09-21-2020, 05:15 AM - 1 Like   #20572
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

K-3 & battery grip
. . . So, I bought a 13K actuations K-3 and grip set here on the marketplace. Ergonomics of the K-3 are perfect for me, just like the K-5iI . . ..
That's almost brand new

Enjoy

09-21-2020, 05:14 PM - 1 Like   #20573
Pentaxian

When I bought a new iPhone a couple of weeks ago it took me nearly 20 minutes to find one to push into the teeny hole and eject the SIM. I was thinking of getting a box, and £1 seemed like a good price for not finding myself in a similar situation any time soon. LOTS of uses for them apart from clipping papers...
09-21-2020, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #20574
Veteran Member

mmm... uses for a paperclip thread..... clean coffee machine milk frother holes, remove earwax (rounded end only), belly button de-fluffer.....
09-21-2020, 10:39 PM   #20575
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
mmm... uses for a paperclip thread..... clean coffee machine milk frother holes, remove earwax (rounded end only), belly button de-fluffer.....
...snag perf hole on 35mm negative strip to extract from sleeve (strategically broken to make a small hook)...

Steve
09-22-2020, 02:01 AM   #20576
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
When I bought a new iPhone a couple of weeks ago it took me nearly 20 minutes to find one to push into the teeny hole and eject the SIM. I was thinking of getting a box, and £1 seemed like a good price for not finding myself in a similar situation any time soon. LOTS of uses for them apart from clipping papers...
We just got “new” iPhone 6 phones last summer.

They came with a tool that is made for popping the SIM card tray out.
09-22-2020, 02:38 AM - 2 Likes   #20577
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A veritable flow of lenses recently - Kamlan 28mm f1.4 XF mount, led to another XF mount purchase - Meike 28mm f2.8. Very impressed with both lenses - though the Kamlan requires care due to tendency to flaring. Also, whilst searching for a good K 100mm f4 Macro, this is an on-going obsession as they seem to be very rare,I have just snagged a D-FA WR 100mm f2.8 Macro new but opened box for "just" £250.

---------- Post added 09-22-20 at 03:24 AM ----------

K-3 & battery grip
I have both K3 and KP. The K3 requires the battery grip for optimum handling experience in may case as without it my little finger dangles uncomfortably in mid air. The KP I find is OK without the grip due to the positioning of the shutter button on top of the camera, but the lack of body real estate makes the button positioning without a grip problematic for my fingers. So, I use both K3 and KP with a grip now. It may well be worth your while sourcing a used grip for the KP to enhance your user experience.
Between ISO 200 to 800, I do not see any difference in IQ between the 2 cameras, but once you get to 1600 and beyond the KP is significantly better. I also seem to produce nicer images when very slow shutter speeds are used in my experience.
09-22-2020, 03:49 AM - 3 Likes   #20578
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New coffee beans

I love coffee, but am not much fond of what is available from local supermarkets . . . so I have just purchased and received 5 lbs of single-estate, high-grown Tanzania Teaberry coffee beans. These beans are unroasted, so I've been reading up on the home roasting process. I've already been grinding coffee, but using pre-roasted beans. I will try to turn the roasting process into a photo op! Well wishes are solicited!
09-22-2020, 03:54 AM   #20579
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I love coffee, but am not much fond of what is available from local supermarkets . . . so I have just purchased and received 5 lbs of single-estate, high-grown Tanzania Teaberry coffee beans. These beans are unroasted, so I've been reading up on the home roasting process. I've already been grinding coffee, but using pre-roasted beans. I will try to turn the roasting process into a photo op! Well wishes are solicited!
Good luck! I've heard popcorn machines are pretty useful for roasting coffee...
09-22-2020, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #20580
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
We just got “new” iPhone 6 phones last summer.

They came with a tool that is made for popping the SIM card tray out.

I tried using one of those the other day..... the papers kept falling apart and I pierced my ear drum......