Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #2071
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Lose one, buy another. I think this occurred to the marketing wonks.

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Mine (looking the same) has worked with the K-x (and the K-5). I would think that all Pentax cameras obey the same signal. edit: These guys have what looks like the same thing with "K-X" mentioned in the title. The premium of $ 0.09 does not seem too eye-watering as they are apparently located in Hong Kong which usually means 1-2 weeks as opposed to 4-6(-8) weeks from mainland China (to Finland, I'd assume that the effect to AUS shipping is similar) .
hong kong is good. i agree 2 weeks vs a month and a half. but that other one that docrwm pointed out also looks cool. that's a whopping $7 though.. hrmm... decisions, decisions... might go and do some research this morning.

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
It's a nice part of the world to see, specialy Paris
not sure we're making it to paris. i think it's mainly italy, greece and istanbul/turkey this time around. last time we were in france we were just in the pyrenese (sp?) and didn't make it paris that time either...

QuoteOriginally posted by Roob-N-Boots Quote
Thanks Wolfie. I think my first M42 purchase will be a Helios 44-2 because of the cool bokeh.
I'm still waiting for my m39-m42 adapter. *sigh* so i can't comment on the helios 44-2. (it's still sitting on my desk at work waiting patiently for the adapter). so word of advice, if you buy the helios, make sure it's m42 and not m39 mount. I do have the helios 44m2 though (different to your one) which i quite enjoy. have fun shopping!

12-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #2072
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
not sure we're making it to paris. i think it's mainly italy, greece and istanbul/turkey this time around. last time we were in france we were just in the pyrenese (sp?) and didn't make it paris that time either...
these are awesome country too, with a lot to see, taste and enjoy

Pyrenese are very beautiful places ! i have so many nice memories out there
12-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #2073
Veteran Member

these are awesome country too, with a lot to see, taste and enjoy

Pyrenese are very beautiful places ! i have so many nice memories out there
yeah i can't wait... think of all the great photo taking opportunities waiting for me - esp in turkey and istanbul!
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #2074
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote

hong kong is good. i agree 2 weeks vs a month and a half. but that other one that docrwm pointed out also looks cool. that's a whopping $7 though.. hrmm... decisions, decisions... might go and do some research this morning. ...
I own 3 (for each of the camera bags) and used one Monday at the family get-together for the annual family portrait. With lots of kids from 3-12 it was important to refocus between each photo and the 2-button remote was worth a LOT more than the $5 premium over the 1 button for me.

12-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #2075
Veteran Member

ok, good point docrwm! will take that under note. have been distracted with looking at kindle cover options atm and haven't gotten to the remote yet.
12-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #2076
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My $11.00 Screwmount arrived! It's in very good condition and everything works. I'll have to replace the light seals and mirror bumper though as they are pretty gummy.

Can't wait to try my Takumars with it!

12-29-2011, 12:26 AM   #2077
Veteran Member

pretty! looks in good nick!

12-29-2011, 03:11 AM   #2078

My latest acquisition was the Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0. A bit superfluous since I already have the Voigtländer 58mm F1.4, but that's LBA for you

I haven't actually shot anything with it yet (Days in sweden are SHORT around winter solstice), but I did notice that the aperture ring turned the unexpected way. What is it with russian presets and aperture rings? My Mir-1 was the same, except that there I think it was not intentional.

Coming up, my next purchase will likely be either DA * 60-250 F4 or K-5. But if I buy K-5, a new high-end camera will likely be announced the following week.
12-30-2011, 04:06 AM   #2079
Veteran Member

Got my paycheck yesterday, bought a MZ-5N just now for 50$ ship-in

Now i will really enjoy my 35/2,4 !

Is the 35/2,4 the excuse to buy a AF film body ? Noooooo :ugh: .... well, maybe .... ok, definitly it's an excuse

QuoteOriginally posted by topace Quote
My latest acquisition was the Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
it have a nice bokeh ! maybe my next lens ( i have two fifty's and so what ? Some forumers have a lot more )
12-30-2011, 04:20 AM   #2080
Veteran Member

Got my paycheck yesterday, bought a MZ-5N just now for 50$ ship-in

Now i will really enjoy my 35/2,4 !

Is the 35/2,4 the excuse to buy a AF film body ? Noooooo :ugh: .... well, maybe .... ok, definitly it's an excuse
congrats on the new purchase!!!

QuoteQuote:
helios: it have a nice bokeh ! maybe my next lens ( i have two fifty's and so what ? Some forumers have a lot more )
wha... you don't own a helios?? get thee to ebay/pawn shop (aren't they cheap as chips in europe? or is it different in paris?) and get one pronto!

there.. does that give you the reason/excuse you need?
12-30-2011, 04:29 AM   #2081
Veteran Member

in France, Helios costs around 25€ so 35$ or something like that because it's cheap on ebay (9€) but it comes from Ukraine, and shipping fees are big, or on forums people don' want to sell it because it's too cheap !

So i'm patient ...

(and i don't have m42 adapter anymore)
12-30-2011, 04:31 AM   #2082
Veteran Member

that hurts. 9 euro becoming 25 because of shipping. owwwie. i thought european shipping would be cheaper than sending it to us western heathens?

yeah one fell out of the sky for me, otherwise i wouldn't be owning one either. maybe you'll get lucky in a flea market or something?
12-30-2011, 04:34 AM   #2083
Veteran Member

So i'm patient ...

(and i don't have m42 adapter anymore)
You know there's a K-mount version of the Helios as well, called Helios 44-4K.
12-30-2011, 04:38 AM   #2084
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
You know there's a K-mount version of the Helios as well, called Helios 44-4K.
i've only seen that once selling on ebay from a uk seller and i got outbid. but that's ok. i have one now.... even if it is a m42. i don't need another.
12-30-2011, 04:42 AM   #2085
Veteran Member

i know, but i haven't found much to buy for less than 50$ ...

I'm looking every day in some second hand shop website to see if some good things "fall from the sky". Last year i missed a K17/4 FE for 50$. i hold the door and let the fu**ing lucky buyer enter first ! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!