Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
10-31-2020, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #20851
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gorgarath Quote
Well, it looks like I have a new-to-me Pentax K-5 iis coming my way. Got pushed to my max bid with a half hour to go and figured it was gone, but there it sat. As long as it's in as good of shape as advertised, I'll be happy. Should be a nice step up for my K-7 that I'll probably lend to my oldest. (Maybe eventually hand down, but will strongly remind him it's a loan for now as I'm not quite ready to part with it yet.)
congratulations I am a big champion of the 50-200mm. I did the single in with it a month ago and it’s a peach, but the best way to really make it sing is to calibrate it as soon as you get it. The first version I had was disappointing, the second was the Samsung variant which made me realise selling the first was a big mistake. I now have the wr. Calibration is easy, there are lots of methods listed on here. Why not do the daily in challenge, then we can see how you’re getting on with your K5ii

---------- Post added 10-31-20 at 05:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
My new-to-me K3 arrived today - simultaneously with the rain ! Delivered by a far more amenable postie, who was quite content to leave it in my accredited 'safe place'. Not mentioned on the website for the dealer from whom I bought it was the fact it came with a battery, battery charger, software CD, and a Neewer battery grip with both trays, thus saving me the £95 I had budgeted for the grip, charger and battery. Spent a most enjoyable few hours checking all functions, and finding all kinds of useful info from the PDF manual I had downloaded prior to purchase.

Ordered two spare batteries, and some Eneloops for the AA grip tray, due to arrive Nov 5 - and thanks to the UK government's total mismanagement of the Covid-19 threat, it is unlikely that I'll have the chance to take it for walkies for a few days at least, if not weeks - and no doubt all the quiet areas will be overrun with exercising bar staff on furlough. Ho hum.
I have the K3 and a neewer grip. You may find occasionally that the grip stops communicating. Just pop the battery out and back in and you will be golden. I eventually managed to get a Pentax one for £69. Just keep your eyes open as there are plenty around. Congrats with the K3

10-31-2020, 06:55 PM - 1 Like   #20852
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
congratulations I am a big champion of the 50-200mm. I did the single in with it a month ago and it’s a peach, but the best way to really make it sing is to calibrate it as soon as you get it. The first version I had was disappointing, the second was the Samsung variant which made me realise selling the first was a big mistake. I now have the wr. Calibration is easy, there are lots of methods listed on here. Why not do the daily in challenge, then we can see how you’re getting on with your K5ii
I don't shoot nearly as much as I'd like. Perhaps this would give me some motivation to shoot more. I really need to invest in some orange so I can head out into the woods without worrying about hunting seasons. There's a lot of places that I remember from my youth that I'd love to try and shoot, but finding the time to make the trips is difficult. That's what I'd really like to acquire, more free time.
10-31-2020, 08:18 PM - 2 Likes   #20853
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 24mm f3.5 that arrived this week:

with the original hood, no less

10-31-2020, 08:24 PM - 1 Like   #20854
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

And this just reminds me that I'm hungry and also that I need more SMUs...

11-01-2020, 12:05 AM   #20855
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
My new-to-me K3 arrived today ....
If you don't have it consider getting the EBOOK

Pentax eBook Samples - Download here! - PentaxForums.com
11-01-2020, 03:01 AM - 1 Like   #20856
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
If you don't have it consider getting the EBOOK

Pentax eBook Samples - Download here! - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for this suggestion - may look into it sometime. Apologies to anyone who felt my comment stating incontestable facts in my previous posting was unacceptable - I have been gently and politely informed it contravened the rules regarding political postings. Such was not my intention.
11-01-2020, 04:38 AM   #20857
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
In non-photography I acquired daughter #2 (not her actual name), who followed her sister's footsteps in coming early, though only five and a half weeks instead of eight. Hence the added time constraints, even though I'm on paternity leave.

Lúa
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Congratulations Jonathan!

11-01-2020, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #20858
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gorgarath Quote
I don't shoot nearly as much as I'd like. Perhaps this would give me some motivation to shoot more. I really need to invest in some orange so I can head out into the woods without worrying about hunting seasons. There's a lot of places that I remember from my youth that I'd love to try and shoot, but finding the time to make the trips is difficult. That's what I'd really like to acquire, more free time.
If someone found a way to sell portions of free time, I would take a dozen. I see the majestic photos taken by society members with free time by the bucketload, ...... So frustrating
11-01-2020, 09:06 AM - 2 Likes   #20859
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Premier SL5 5" x 7" safelight with OC filter

Chris
11-01-2020, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #20860
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 24mm f3.5 that arrived this week:

with the original hood, no less

That's funny...
I got one this week too, but along with the original hood is both original lens caps PLUS both original leather cases., one for the lens and one for the hood. I really only expected the lens and hood and nothing else. Getting everything original is a bonus!
11-01-2020, 01:50 PM - 1 Like   #20861
Pentaxian

I've been getting a lot of components to build a switch and button board that I'll be using on a flight simulator. So far it's been about a dozen switches, 2 integrated circuit boards and a lot of fastening hardware. All I need to do now is wire it up and I'm good to go.
11-01-2020, 02:07 PM - 2 Likes   #20862
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Not really new but my DA300 is back with a its SDM fixed...... now to get out there
11-01-2020, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #20863
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
That's funny...
I got one this week too, but along with the original hood is both original lens caps PLUS both original leather cases., one for the lens and one for the hood. I really only expected the lens and hood and nothing else. Getting everything original is a bonus!
funny thing - mine came with non-original caps, but the original cases for the lens and hood....
11-02-2020, 01:18 AM - 1 Like   #20864
Pentaxian

A couple of new lenses recently in the Samyang AF 75mm f/1.8 for Sony E mount and a lovely CZJ Pancolar 50mm f/1.8. It needs a little bit of CLA treatment to smooth up the focus ring a little more, but it renders just beautifully.
The Samyang brings my autofocus lenses up to a total of 3, all of which are Samyang interestingly. I'll be frank, the output of them are all exceptional, huge resolution available and sharpness from wide-open with very low CA from the shots I've taken with them. None are any heavier than 230g so makes the A7iii to which they're coupled very easy to manipulate/handle.
11-02-2020, 02:13 AM - 1 Like   #20865
Pentaxian

Updated Flickr subscription which went from $34,99 the first year to $49,99 the second to $76,68 now....