Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
11-12-2020, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #21016
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
as far as the K-S1 itself, I still have it, but removed the Adaptist mount and forwarded it to another PF member, who is currently enjoying it on another K-S1....

the Adaptist mount, however, was just too limited for me:

Adaptist PK+MM installation and usage - Page 6 - PentaxForums.com

but as far as the FA Limiteds, for me and the way I shoot/process photos, I've found that the DA Limiteds are just as good or better....
Ah I had missed that post on the Adaptist. Thanks for linking to it...

In regards to shooting JPEGs, the K-3 is opening up new possibilities... the extra shadow/highlight settings (that you have to turn the front wheel to enable in the JPEG settings), and especially the Extra Sharpening setting (which needs to be set to -2 to -3) that turns off all noise reduction and adds so much more details... I'm pretty amazed at how much I'm enjoying the JPEGs that I'm getting with my DA 35 Limited.

11-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #21017
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Pepperberry bought a Fuji for those bothersome short flange distance lenses.

Steve

aye - so far, I've been working with OM, F, C/Y, Prakticar B, and M42 - and soon MD and Rollei QBM mounts....
11-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #21018
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A job lot of cameras and accessories that includes
a working Fujifilm Finepix S6022Z bridge camera - this couldn't have arrived at a better time, I've just listed a wide converter for it on eBay and I was able to take test pictures properly.
a Nikon CoolpixL16 that's giving the dreaded "Lens Error"
a Nikon F301 35mm body that won't power up, but it turns out that the AAA batteries I have are pretty much dead, I'll have to buy more tomorrow.
and the camera I actually bought the lot for, a Sony NEX 5 body (no lens, sensor is dirty but I think OK, and no battery or charger) which I will keep pending the reopening of camera shops after the current UK lockdowns end. My plan at that point is to find a camera shop that's got one for sale, and ask if I can try the battery in my camera and see if it powers up. If it does and seems OK I'll look at getting the battery etc. Probably keep it for testing the occasional NEX accessory that comes my way, since it's poor cosmetically.

I was the only bidder and only paid £18 including P&P for the lot, so hopefully I'll make money if I sell the Finepix - the rest is probably more problematic.
11-12-2020, 09:28 PM - 1 Like   #21019
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
A torch is a very useful,
And then there is the Plasma, instant on, instant off. Our FD on base prefers it over gas, something about hangar fires puts them on edge...

11-12-2020, 09:34 PM   #21020
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Limited rather redundant and I moved it to a new owner today. Your 16-50 is in its sweet spot (I had one) from 18mm to about 40mm, I highly doubt you would see much improved with the 21 Limited or even the 43. The 70 would be a nice add.
After buying a 16-85 it has back-shelved my 21,40 and 70 unless weight and size (hiking and cycling) are a major priority
11-13-2020, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #21021
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
And then there is the Plasma, instant on, instant off. Our FD on base prefers it over gas, something about hangar fires puts them on edge...
Plasma cutters are awesome. The instant on and off, no need for bottles of gas and oxygen. The heat is concentrated and easier to control.

But they are only useful for cutting. Can’t braze or weld, can’t heat up rusted fasteners to aid removal, and replacing a ring gear on a flywheel is a task only a gas torch can do.
11-13-2020, 05:48 AM - 2 Likes   #21022
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The hard to find and normally extremely overpriced Motor Drive A. 3.5 fps for the Super Program. So much better than the anemic Winder MEII. $55.56 total including tax and shipping from eBay. We big handed film photography enthusiasts appreciate the grip and vertical shutter release offered by the Motor Drive A. Seller photos.

Attached Images

11-13-2020, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #21023
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I understand that there are some great Minolta lenses, but I have always thought they were not useable on Pentax without corrective adapter glass, and in fact I have such an adapter for a very good 28mm Minolta lens. If so then are those of you who use Rokkor lens using them with corrective glass, or on some other camera platform? Inquiring minds want to know. :>)
The majority of the Minolta lenses I've tried are really nice, both in build and optical quality. As far as I know they can't be adapted to the K mount though. I use them on Minolta film cameras and on my mirrorless Fuji.

The RevueFlex arrived and seems pretty nice. Needs new seals of course. The lens is indeed a 55mm f/1.4 Auto Revuenon which is also in good condition. I imagine I'll test it against my Yashinon 50/1.4 and sell whichever I like less.
11-13-2020, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #21024
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Took a punt on what looks to be a cosmetically reasonable Pentax MX. Should be here towards the end of the week.
Arrived yesterday and aesthetically it looks great (except for the battery 'door' which is a little corroded). However, the electronics all work superbly, it meters well, winds nicely, the Judas window is seated perfectly and the shutter varies at different set speeds.
The only caveat is that at higher speeds, intermittently, the shutter curtain doesn't return fully, so the mirror sticks up. I've checked that it isn't gummy mirror bumper foam and can confirm that it isn't. Similarly, it's not degraded foam that has stuck to the curtain. I've seen this issue mentioned a few times previously so can assume it's one and the same. I've enquired with Asahiphoto here in the UK as to a repair cost.
On a slight aside, seeing how well the meter works in the new one highlights how my current one isn't quite up to scratch. It's a little flickery during shutter speed changes mostly so I've asked for a repair cost for that (having checked the more external battery contacts, which are all fine).
They're both pretty good, visually, and they mostly work well so I'm keen to get them back to their former glory!

Last edited by Benz3ne; 11-13-2020 at 08:37 AM.
11-13-2020, 08:34 AM   #21025
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
A job lot of cameras and accessories that includes[...] a Sony NEX 5 body (no lens, sensor is dirty but I think OK, and no battery or charger) which I will keep pending the reopening of camera shops after the current UK lockdowns end. My plan at that point is to find a camera shop that's got one for sale, and ask if I can try the battery in my camera and see if it powers up. If it does and seems OK I'll look at getting the battery etc. Probably keep it for testing the occasional NEX accessory that comes my way, since it's poor cosmetically.
Excellent. I've been tempted to get something along the lines of a NEX 5 or similar to act as an 'in the car' camera rather than stowing something more expensive in there for if I spot something worth snapping.
I'd be tempted to grab a battery and try it out anyway, batteries typically hold their value reasonably well, or if it doesn't work it can be sold as 'with a functioning battery' so might entice someone.
11-13-2020, 10:23 AM - 2 Likes   #21026
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking forward to the arrival of an A 35mm f2.0. A completely unnecessary acquisition being already the happy owner of the HD DA 35mm f2.8, but I do like a good manual focus lens, and as I remind SWMBO whenever she looks askance at my purchases, you can never have too many lenses as long as they are good ones and rare, as they are an investment for the future!
11-13-2020, 10:36 AM   #21027
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
The hard to find and normally extremely overpriced Motor Drive A. 3.5 fps for the Super Program. So much better than the anemic Winder MEII. $55.56 total including tax and shipping from eBay. We big handed film photography enthusiasts appreciate the grip and vertical shutter release offered by the Motor Drive A. Seller photos.
Nice! That is a decent price too.

Steve
11-13-2020, 10:39 AM   #21028
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
The lens is indeed a 55mm f/1.4 Auto Revuenon which is also in good condition. I imagine I'll test it against my Yashinon 50/1.4 and sell whichever I like less.
That should prove interesting. Both should be Tomioka-made.

Steve
11-13-2020, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #21029
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Looking forward to the arrival of an A 35mm f2.0. A completely unnecessary acquisition being already the happy owner of the HD DA 35mm f2.8, but I do like a good manual focus lens, and as I remind SWMBO whenever she looks askance at my purchases, you can never have too many lenses as long as they are good ones and rare, as they are an investment for the future!
My SWMBO looks askance at a purchase of a chocolate bar.
11-13-2020, 10:52 AM - 3 Likes   #21030
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got some new backcountry bindings put on my new skis I got over the summer (best time to buy skis fyi).
The point of BC bindings is being able to ski uphill (xc style) or downhill (Alpine style) and being strong, light, and easy to operate with the tip of a ski pole. Pretty slick engineering!