Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2020, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #21031
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
FB Marketplace buy twenty miles away. Bogen 3021 Pro tripod with 3063 fluid head. $20. Now to sell the fluid head..

11-13-2020, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #21032
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
My SWMBO looks askance at a purchase of a chocolate bar.
Unless the chocolate bar is destined for her?
11-13-2020, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #21033
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Now that you mention it ...
11-13-2020, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #21034
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
After buying a 16-85 it has back-shelved my 21,40 and 70 unless weight and size (hiking and cycling) are a major priority
my 16-85 is another reason I have no interest in the 20-40 limited

11-13-2020, 04:46 PM - 2 Likes   #21035
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Excellent. I've been tempted to get something along the lines of a NEX 5 or similar to act as an 'in the car' camera rather than stowing something more expensive in there for if I spot something worth snapping.
I'd be tempted to grab a battery and try it out anyway, batteries typically hold their value reasonably well, or if it doesn't work it can be sold as 'with a functioning battery' so might entice someone.
In fact that's what I've just done - I tried cleaning the sensor and it turns out to be undamaged, and I realised that if I wait until December it might be February before I got the batteries if I went on line. So I've ordered a 2-battery charger and 2 batteries, no more expensive than buying a single charger and battery, it's a UK distributor so hopefully I'll get them some time next week. And if it's dead I ought to be able to sell them on, as you say.

The Nex 5 wouldn't be my first choice as a mirrorless camera because it has no flash or eye level viewfinder, but the price was right. I actually owned on a few years ago, which I got fairly cheaply at a Saturday market - there was the same business of needing batteries, but within a couple of weeks of discovering that it seemed to be working I got a lens very cheaply. I then realised that I'm not a huge fan of the user interface, and ended up selling it on for a modest profit. But since then I've had enough weird NEX adapters etc. through my hands that I do need something to test them, so I'm going to try again.
11-14-2020, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #21036
Pentaxian

Just received a nice job lot of five exposure meters - the "nice" is that they all work. They include three selenium cell models - a Weston V with Invercone, a Russian Vega V, and a Hanimex Sekonic (the first meter model I ever owned), and two CDS, a Hanimex (probably also Sekonic) and a Rank Electra, a badge name that could be anything. Cost £11.03 including postage, I might keep one for myself (I don't need a hand-held meter often, but I do occasionally and at the moment I'm using an iPhone app which is a little clunky and can't do ambient light very well), and ought to be able to sell the rest on at a profit
11-14-2020, 01:13 PM - 3 Likes   #21037
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dog bed covers and a box of spectacular cupcakes I have also done loads of window shopping, does that count?

11-14-2020, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #21038
Veteran Member

Just made an eBay purchase of a Minolta 16-PS. I think I never realize how dirt cheap these were. Since there’s no meter I’m hopeful that it’ll be fully functional. Comes with a film cartridge and I paid less than I did last year for a film cartridge alone. Want to keep my eye out for a QT or MG-S but I’m afraid of spending good money on a camera with a broken meter.
11-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #21039
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Just made an eBay purchase of a Minolta 16-PS. I think I never realize how dirt cheap these were. Since there’s no meter I’m hopeful that it’ll be fully functional. Comes with a film cartridge and I paid less than I did last year for a film cartridge alone. Want to keep my eye out for a QT or MG-S but I’m afraid of spending good money on a camera with a broken meter.
I had a Minolta 16 (the early model) in the seventies - it was a nice camera but the film was horribly expensive and my darkroom technique wasn't up to handling it properly, I think I sold it in part exchange for a Lubitel TLR in the end.

If you're interested in 16mm cameras this site might be of interest

Variations in 16mm Subminiature Cameras

I was reminded of these cameras last year when I saw a Russian Kiev Vega 16mm camera on sale in Portobello Road - it looked a lot like my old Minolta 16, except that the casing was dimpled for a better grip, not smooth, so I checked and apparently a lot of parts and the film will fit the Minolta 16 - the later Vega 2 is less compatible because they upped the capacity of the cassette, which won't fit the old camera, and Milolta and Vega cartridges won't fit the Vega 2..
11-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #21040
Veteran Member

That’s a great site; seems to be the best for researching these cameras. I’ve got a few of the 16-II models. My first try at shooting developing was a bit of a disaster. I shot without a meter and tried to shoot at very narrow aperture for the most forgiving DOF but sharpness suffered greatly. I now have an old Gossen lightmeter and the no 0 add on filter which gives infinity focus at pretty much all f stops.
11-14-2020, 09:09 PM - 5 Likes   #21041
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

newly-arrived: Voigtlander Color-Ultron 55mm f1.4 AR (QBM mount)

and its original packaging:

11-14-2020, 10:27 PM - 3 Likes   #21042
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Isn't chocolate an essential component for this thread, as SMU or AMU, to calibrate lenses?
11-14-2020, 11:17 PM   #21043
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax AF 160 AC ringflash. Wanted one for ages and finally got it. It's in perfect shape. I've lready taken a few shots and they turned out far better than using the AF540FGZ.

Thanks,
barondla
11-15-2020, 04:25 AM - 1 Like   #21044
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Isn't chocolate an essential component for this thread, as SMU or AMU, to calibrate lenses?
more accurately, if I am not mistaken, it is an essential material for an item to be considered an AMU

SMU and AMU are standard measurement units used to compare size, not calibration

although there is a chance I could be mistaken
11-15-2020, 07:51 AM - 7 Likes   #21045
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
I have tried repeatedly to educate all Pentaxians that chocolate is one of the basic food groups. Again, the list is

SALT
SUGAR
GREASE
ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS
CHOCOLATE
GARLIC
and
CAFFEINE

Always get your MDO (=Minimum Daily Overdose) of each.