Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
11-21-2020, 06:11 AM   #21106
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
That's a classic and a beautiful image of it, but who would expect less from pepperberry?

thank you...

11-21-2020, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #21107
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Here is my collection of Eastern European M42 mount lenses, accompanied by a stack of Australian Measuring Units (Tim Tams), see earlier in this thread.

35mm: Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon f2.8 in aluminium
50mm: Pentacon auto MC 50mm f1.8, Tessar zebra f2.8, Industar 50-2 f3.5
58mm: Helios 44M-4
85mm: Jupiter 9, 85mm f2
135mm: Jupiter 37A f3.5
200mm Meyer Optik Gorlitz Orestegor f4

Under test on the far right is Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm electric - I will post sample shots in the Primes thread later, it is hard to resist.

the rare and hardly-photographed AMU!!!
11-21-2020, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #21108
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Contact established with Asahi Photo in UK. Will be sending them both off, probably Wednesday, for their inspection and to generate a quote.
Turnaround is approx 10 working days.
For those interested, I had also contacted Alan Marlow, but he's no longer working on MX's.

...I'm still tempted to pick up another MX. They're just so damn nice.
My acquisition this morning is said quote.
The mirror boxes have both run fairly dry and they've not been serviced in some time, as I anticipated would be the response.
Debating whether to have both or one done, and what to do with the other in the case of the latter.
I'll probably get both of them done, they're damn good aesthetically so would be a shame for them not to be restored to their former, working glory.
11-21-2020, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #21109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
That's a classic and a beautiful image of it, but who would expect less from pepperberry?
Not me!

11-21-2020, 10:52 AM   #21110
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Not me!

thank you - it's all in the glass, really it is....
11-21-2020, 11:18 AM - 4 Likes   #21111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Found it on Shopgoodwill listed as "Vintage Pentax Film Camera, Lenses, Cases Lot".

It's in better condition than either of my 2 chrome MXs (no dents on prism). Focusing screen is clean, the battery compartment was relatively clean but there was corrosion on the battery cover (swapped with one of the chrome). Besides the M 50/1.7 there was a Takumar Bayonet 135/2.5 with clean optics (the rest wasn't great), a Cosmicar 28-80/3.5-4.5 in PKA/R, an Auto Makinon 35-105/3.5 in Canon FD, and a Vivitar 85-205/3.8 in Canon FD. And a Vivitar flash that I'm pretty sure has exploded AAs in it. $86 winning bid, $114.54 after shipping and tax.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
11-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #21112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Plasma cutters are awesome. The instant on and off, no need for bottles of gas and oxygen. The heat is concentrated and easier to control.

But they are only useful for cutting. Can’t braze or weld, can’t heat up rusted fasteners to aid removal, and replacing a ring gear on a flywheel is a task only a gas torch can do.
All good points.

11-21-2020, 04:23 PM - 2 Likes   #21113
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

rear lens caps for Prakticar B and QBM bayonets:

11-21-2020, 06:28 PM - 5 Likes   #21114
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
thank you - it's all in the glass, really it is....
We shall see...Below, being greeted by a few honored members of the community is the recently-arrived XR Rikenon 35mm f/2.8, previously of Pepperberry Farm. Yes, Pepperberry was good enough to let leave of his high-performing 35mm and send it my way. I will see that it is properly tasked and treated with respect. To that end, the greeters are lenses of both historic and cultic repute. On the left is the LZOS Jupiter-12 35/2.8 in Contax/Kiev mount and at top is the CZJ Flektogon 35/2.8 in Exakta mount. The Jupiter-12 is an overachiever and the Flecktogon is the famously sought-after close focus version. While it does not achieve true macro, it does come close with an MFD of 18cm.* By comparison, the DA 35/2.8 Limited Macro focuses to 14cm at 1:1.

New recruit at bottom right...

Yes, the Rikenon is multi-coated and it shows in this photo.

Not even a full 24 hours later the Amazon Prime truck drove up with an impulse purchase. That addition allowed me to give the XR Rikenon 35mm a short test run. Below is Samyang 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC (yes, too many initials) mated with my Pentax KX. Yes that front element is huge...even more huge than its catalog and lens review product photos. What is disconcerting is that viewed from the side, one sees white light, not the dark lens innards. I should have added my Olympus XA to the photo. It would have appeared to be a tasty snack for Samyang the Large.

Big Up Front...

I was pleased at the image quality from the XR Rikenon. I think it is a keeper. Thanks again, Pepperberry, for letting it come my way. As for the Samyang 14/2.8, I was able to do a few test shots yesterday and it looks to be a sharp one, if a bit of a handful...

Steve

* The more common version has MFD 36cm.

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-21-2020 at 06:46 PM.
11-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #21115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
We shall see...Below, being greeted by a few honored members of the community is the recently-arrived XR Rikenon 35mm f/2.8, previously of Pepperberry Farm. Yes, Pepperberry was good enough to let leave of his high-performing 35mm and send it my way. I will see that it is properly tasked and treated with respect. To that end, the greeters are lenses of both historic and cultic repute. On the left is the LZOS Jupiter-12 35/2.8 in Contax/Kiev mount and at top is the CZJ Flektogon 35/2.8 in Exakta mount. The Jupiter-12 is an overachiever and the Flecktogon is the famously sought-after close focus version. While it does not achieve true macro, it does come close with an MFD of 18cm. By comparison, the DA 35/2.8 Limited Macro focuses to 14cm at 1:1.

Not even a full 24 hours later the Amazon Prime truck drove up with an impulse purchase. That addition allowed me to give the XR Rikenon 35mm a short test run. Below is Samyang 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC (yes, too many initials) mated with my Pentax KX. Yes that front element is huge...even more huge than its catalog and lens review product photos. What is disconcerting is that viewed from the side, one sees white light, not the dark lens innards. I should have added my Olympus XA to the photo. It would have appeared to be a tasty snack for Samyang the Large.

Big Up Front...

I was pleased at the image quality from the XR Rikenon. I think it is a keeper. Thanks again, Pepperberry, for letting it come my way. As for the Samyang 14/2.8, I was able to do a few test shots yesterday and it looks to be a sharp one, it a bit of a handful...

Steve
That KX looks to be in very fine condition.
11-21-2020, 06:48 PM - 1 Like   #21116
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
That KX looks to be in very fine condition.
It is...EX+

Steve
11-21-2020, 07:11 PM   #21117
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

We shall see...Below, being greeted by a few honored members of the community is the recently-arrived XR Rikenon 35mm f/2.8, previously of Pepperberry Farm. Yes, Pepperberry was good enough to let leave of his high-performing 35mm and send it my way. I will see that it is properly tasked and treated with respect. To that end, the greeters are lenses of both historic and cultic repute. On the left is the LZOS Jupiter-12 35/2.8 in Contax/Kiev mount and at top is the CZJ Flektogon 35/2.8 in Exakta mount. The Jupiter-12 is an overachiever and the Flecktogon is the famously sought-after close focus version. While it does not achieve true macro, it does come close with an MFD of 18cm.* By comparison, the DA 35/2.8 Limited Macro focuses to 14cm at 1:1.

Big Up Front...

I was pleased at the image quality from the XR Rikenon. I think it is a keeper. Thanks again, Pepperberry, for letting it come my way. As for the Samyang 14/2.8, I was able to do a few test shots yesterday and it looks to be a sharp one, if a bit of a handful...

Steve

* The more common version has MFD 36cm.

You're welcome - enjoy it....
11-21-2020, 08:43 PM   #21118
Veteran Member

Beautiful! Those old exacta mount Zeiss lenses can be gems. Congrats on it! I had the 58/2 for a while and regret selling it. There’s an old Exakta body sitting on my shelf right now with a 50/2.8 Tessa mounted. I’ve actually never taken a photo with it, but it’s a cool looking piece of photography history,
11-21-2020, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #21119
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
the rare and hardly-photographed AMU!!!
Not to be confused with the common & always-photographed EMU 😂

Last edited by disconnekt; 11-22-2020 at 01:08 AM.
11-21-2020, 09:18 PM - 1 Like   #21120
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
rear lens caps for Prakticar B and QBM bayonets:

3D printed?