Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2020, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #21256
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Our flowers are gone, but snow has arrived so we can start to recall the best way to get good white shades and shadows.
Meter the snow in the clear light and add 2 stops of exposure. Adjust a bit to account for the cleanliness of the snow. Let the rest of the image fall where it will. This worked for Velvia, it should work for digital.

12-06-2020, 05:44 PM   #21257
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I've got the Konica TC-X (quite different), Yashica FX-3 Super 2000, and the Olympus. Looking for a good price on the Ricoh KR-5 Super II, Canon T60, and Nikon FM10...Not looking for the Minolta X-360.
I’ve got a KR-5 Super II that I believe to work well. Pm me if you have something you want to trade. I got mine off Shopgoodwill simply because no one else bid. You can probably pick one up dirt cheap.
Attached Images

12-06-2020, 06:00 PM   #21258
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Meter the snow in the clear light and add 2 stops of exposure. Adjust a bit to account for the cleanliness of the snow. Let the rest of the image fall where it will. This worked for Velvia, it should work for digital.
Thanks for the tip. I am sure I will have plenty of opportunities to try it!
12-06-2020, 06:47 PM   #21259
Veteran Member

'Add two stops' means overexpose the unshadowed snow by two stops right? to get brighter and whiter than a straight metering would give you?

12-07-2020, 08:53 AM   #21260
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I have the K&F concept X mount adapter with the aperture ring, very handy. I was looking at one at MBN but that was £219 plus postage, but then when I spotted this, well, I just had to
Yes, there are some incredibly expensive adapters for SLR lenses on mirrorless, I don't understand why they have the prices they do. The K&F Concept ones are well built and work very well, for a very reasonable price. I hadn't had a problem with any until I got the Nikon one for my Fuji.
12-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #21261
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Well I didn't acquire anything but my sister may have acquired something.... Novel. She has been exposed to someone who may have been exposed to COVID a few days ago so now she's quarantining in her room. She hasn't even taken a test yet but she's absolutely adamant that she has no symptoms and thus she most definitely, totally, completely isn't sick... She's 99% sure... Even though she hasn't been tested...

Even though the person she was exposed to who may have been exposed to COVID reportedly had a high grade fever, with aching joints and, when he tried to stand up, felt like he was made of glass.
I hope that your sister dodged the bullet and that you and your family continue in good health. Prayers for her friend.

Steve
12-07-2020, 11:13 AM   #21262
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Yes, there are some incredibly expensive adapters for SLR lenses on mirrorless, I don't understand why they have the prices they do. The K&F Concept ones are well built and work very well, for a very reasonable price. I hadn't had a problem with any until I got the Nikon one for my Fuji.
Noooo lol the 40mm limited was £219, the adapter was £20 sorry, there was some very poor punctuation in my first post

12-07-2020, 01:08 PM - 2 Likes   #21263
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find I also need to adjust for the ratio of snow to non-snow in the frame. Lots of trees or rocks (maybe half the frame) for example will only need +1 ev. Digital is nice to chimp this part if you have time. Or when I shoot ski photos I often leave it at +1 and then add the other stop in post if I need to. Otherwise the snow can blow out badly and that is harder to recover from.
12-07-2020, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #21264
Pentaxian

Received the Canon 100-300 I was expecting, it's an old trombone-style zoom but works pretty well. I will try to get out with it over Christmas and take some test shots, I haven't had one before.
12-08-2020, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #21265
Veteran Member

New to me O55 manfrotto carbon tripod.
Now need to divest of the 190X to balance the purchase.
12-08-2020, 03:32 AM - 2 Likes   #21266
dbs
Pentaxian

Australia Post delivered my new bag.
Just how many bags to you need ?
12-08-2020, 03:49 AM - 1 Like   #21267
Pentaxian

Received a couple of lenses from a friend yesterday.
One, a SMC-A 50mm f/1.7 with the funky aperture ring fault. Took apart yesterday, have essentially resolved the problem and converted it to an SMC-M version for the time being. I probably shouldn't have dismantled it with a headache but it clicks nicely now (albeit could do with a shade more grease). The little spring for the A contact kept pinging so I called it a day putting that bit to one side.
The other, a faulty Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4. The 7-element version with thoriated, yellowed glass. I say faulty, the auto setting doesn't work, the pin is constantly depressed and clicking between auto and manual doesn't appear to do anything. HOWEVER, it works fully in manual mode, so for me to adapt to my Sony (blasphemy, I know) it makes nil difference to me! A little dusty debris inside but nothing to write home about. Focus and aperture rings are butter-smooth, so very much looking forward to trying it out!
12-08-2020, 05:10 AM - 2 Likes   #21268
Pentaxian

Two arrived today from Japan. The Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 first version sliver black and 46mm filter thread.Focussing is very stiff a bit of barely noticeable fungus un the front element so it needs some work. A new copy of the SMC Pentax 45-125mm 1:4 (my old one has a scratched front element an pretty stiff zoom, this one is scratch less and zooms a bit too smooth, focus a bit stiffer than the old one). Both lenses together under the 22 euro tax and handling limit (but then bundling and shipping including local shipping in japan pushed the total cost toward €80 anyway).

12-08-2020, 06:40 AM - 2 Likes   #21269
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Australia Post delivered my new bag.
Just how many bags to you need ?
As long as she can cook, clean and sew, and has a decent boat and motor, one will do just fine.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 12-09-2020 at 01:34 PM.
12-08-2020, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #21270
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
As long as she can cook, clean and see, and has a decent boat and motor, one will do just fine.
You’d want to see a photo of the boat so you know what you’re getting!