Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
... and we have a runner here!!!

01-16-2021, 03:50 PM - 2 Likes   #21662
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Nurse! Nurse! @ehrwien is out of his bed again!!

01-16-2021, 04:08 PM - 3 Likes   #21663
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Christmas brought me an HD DA 21 mm f3.2 Limited OMGOMGOMGOMG I love this lens!

I love it so much in fact, that I've decided to shoot with it every day this year (it being 2021, you see )

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2021 at 10:13 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Forgive me father, for I have sinned. This is not my first confession and we both know it will certainly not be the last. But the price was right and so it's basically your fault for not giving me the strength to resist those temptations...

New Sigma 30/1.4 ART for 219€ shipped. The description, including EANs and pictures, was for the ART, but the title stated it was the older EX version (which I already had and still have). They were selling some other EX Sigma lenses with huge discounts, so maybe they mixed it up, but the box looked like it was standing around in a dark corner for a few years and that way they got rid of their stock of the lens fast.
Nice! I have the EX; what's the difference/s in the ART?

read a bit further ... faster AF would be a maHOOsive plus! I agree bokeh is not a strength (at least of the EX) but sharp OMG. I don't think my EX really falls off much in terms of sharpness though. I did have to calibrate the living crap out of it; it was soooooooooooo back-focused.

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2021 at 10:17 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm surprised about the bokeh... It's one of the things I like most about mine

Regarding focus accuracy, front and back focusing etc... Don't jump to any conclusions until you've done more comprehensive testing. On my K-3, using PDAF and the centre AF point, this lens focuses accurately at shorter distances - MFD to a few metres out - without many problems. As distance increases, though, I've found it needs a clear target with good contrast for consistent accuracy. For example... there's a chimney stack on a house further down my road, and if I stand in my garden, de-focus the lens and point at that chimney stack against a blue or cloudy white sky, it will focus accurately every single time. If I'm walking around town and point at a shop sign with large lettering 10 - 20 metres away, again it's accurate every time. But if I point at one of my bird feeders hanging from the tree at the bottom of my garden, or at the bark on the tree trunk instead, it's much less consistent where other lenses would have few problems. I've learned to look for very clear, high contrast targets when using PDAF with this lens - otherwise, I switch to Live View. CDAF is almost always accurate, even with challenging targets. I don't like using it, but I find it's a necessity for this lens depending on the subject...
Interesting about live-view. I'll remember that when I break out my EX version of this again (though that'll be a while, since I've virtually superglued my DA21 to the camera xP )

Last edited by Tsuken; 01-16-2021 at 04:16 PM.
01-16-2021, 05:53 PM - 2 Likes   #21664
Pentaxian

I had said the DA 21 was going to be my next lens as well...
But a super cheap DA 70 came up and I couldn't resist...

01-16-2021, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #21665
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
... and we have a runner here!!!
01-16-2021, 07:18 PM - 3 Likes   #21666
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax 18-135

Very happy with the Pentax 18-135 that a got from the Marketplace. Thank you steamloco76!

It is sharp and contrasty even on a gray day:

Here mounted on my K3:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G988U1  Photo 
01-16-2021, 10:38 PM - 9 Likes   #21667
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

just arrived this afternoon:

and now ready for use:

01-17-2021, 12:46 AM - 1 Like   #21668
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I had said the DA 21 was going to be my next lens as well...
But a super cheap DA 70 came up and I couldn't resist...
That's how the lens-buying virus spread, and I have caught a new and virulent strain called the LZ virus (Leica and Zeiss), said to be fatal in some extreme cases.
01-17-2021, 01:49 AM - 1 Like   #21669
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
115? Is it the 70 + the 35 + .. no, that will not work... 70 + 21 + ... no... 35 + 40 + 21 +... nope... two 40s + 21 + .... no... five 21s and... no... 70 + three 15s! Or two 35s + three 15s. Or 40 and five 15s
Hahaha senior moment

Footnote: my autocorrect just changed hahahahahahahahahaha to
Havana banana haha
I kinda wish I had just posted it

---------- Post added 01-17-21 at 01:55 AM ----------

and now ready for use:

I'm glad to see we haven't lost you to Fuji completely despite having my K3 and KP, I would still love to run with a K5ii for a while, just to see what its like
01-17-2021, 05:36 AM - 1 Like   #21670
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
That's how the lens-buying virus spread, and I have caught a new and virulent strain called the LZ virus (Leica and Zeiss), said to be fatal in some extreme cases.
Oh yes this virus is so virulent , In the end, it is us who will be affected by the effect of the photos that will make us fall one by one

Good luck man
01-17-2021, 06:25 AM   #21671
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hippone Quote
Oh yes this virus is so virulent , In the end, it is us who will be affected by the effect of the photos that will make us fall one by one

Good luck man
Tell me about it! I have been quite acutely affected over Christmas and it has left me with two additional limiteds!
01-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #21672
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Tell me about it! I have been quite acutely affected over Christmas and it has left me with two additional limiteds!
With my L-Z virus, I had to start two new rows in my lens cabinet. I have quarantined all my old non-AF Pentax 645 lenses, and thinking of selling them down the river.
01-17-2021, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #21673
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
That would be fatal around here if SWMBO* doesn't recognize the new lens.
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
That's why my part time job money has not gone into the lens acquisition virus fund.

*SWMBO doesn't not like this acronym and changes Be Obeyed to Faithfully Follows: SWMFF
01-17-2021, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #21674
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks amazing!

and now ready for use:

01-17-2021, 09:55 AM - 1 Like   #21675
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

and now ready for use:

She is a beauty. And zero actuations is a great find. You must be chuffed to bits