Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2021, 04:09 PM   #21721
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
How can that even happen? Is that fungus or scratches?
it seems to be primarily scratches - along with the dents, etc.....

01-21-2021, 04:12 PM   #21722
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I posted a " wanted " notice for an ever ready case for my newly acquired LX...

it's on its way...

Pentax fitted case LX is made of soft leather - very luxurious, befitting their best camera.
It's definitely a step up from the utilitarian pleather of most eveready cases.

However IIRC it cannot be used in combination with the quite useful Grip B attached.

Chris
01-21-2021, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #21723
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My latest acquisition is a nice Godox AD100Pro strobe, complete with accessory kit (bulb, honeycomb, barndoors, gels, etc) and XT2 trigger (which also works with my TT350 mini flash).

Given you have a nice new compact strobe, you might be interested in what FedEx just brought to my house...

Phottix F-180

Extends to 180cm and the legs reverse for storage at a length of only 46cm and a weight of 1.02kg. The claimed capacity is 8kg. After about 1 hour of ownership I am pretty happy, though a little disappointed that there is no case. The stand is nicely suitable to my intended use (holding a speedlight, small LED, or reflector) and will not be a hog for space in the car trunk.

Steve
01-22-2021, 06:02 AM   #21724
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

looks like I'm still looking for a good every ready case for my LX

checked with the vendor about the sale and was told my sale did not go through and the item had been sold to someone else

problem was that when I asked earlier and was told it had been sold to me

they confused my query with the true purchaser and told me I had gotten it

they say there was no payment through paypal with my purchase but EBAY gave me the option of using a credit card

I will be contacting EBAY about this

let me make it clear, this isn't the vendor's fault

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-22-2021 at 07:30 AM.
01-22-2021, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #21725
Pentaxian

A Sony FE 85mm f/1.8.
Granted, it's come without a box or hood as advertised, but has come from a reputable private seller. Practically flawless.
Retails for £600.
I paid £255 posted via Special Delivery.

(hood will cost circa £35 atop that for an OEM one, or might get a screw one instead for cheaper)
01-22-2021, 07:01 AM   #21726
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Sounds like it is good, what originally drew me to upgrade was looking for a more powerful unit for daylight shoots, sometimes a lot of power needed to compete with the Sun originally I was looking at getting just and AD600TTL but then the options strobepro was offering set me off . but a single AD400 or 600 probably does the trick with the right softboxes
A AD 400 or 600 is way more expensive, but more powerful (and bigger).

The nice thing is that I own 3 Godox V850 speedlights (older generation) triggered by a RF16s trigger. The XT2 can accept a dump hotshoe connection, so I can stack the RF16s on it and control/trigger the AD100Pro, the 3 V850, the TT350s and even use the Metz 52 AF-1 (but I cannot adjust its power remotely).

Conclusion : I have too many flashes! But I can also get pretty creative with light sculpting. Although I rarely fight the Sun, and when I do the AD100Pro and TT350s can do HSS, so that's another base covered.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Given you have a nice new compact strobe, you might be interested in what FedEx just brought to my house...

Phottix F-180
Interesting. I haven't yet figured out the best way to use the AD100Pro on location, apart from maybe winging it maybe laying it down somewhere. Its bottom even accepts a tripod plate so I might just use that from time to time, or even leave a mini plate there at all times and use the second hole for when I want to attach the included mounting gear.
01-22-2021, 07:27 AM - 2 Likes   #21727
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

if at first you don't succeed - - -

I just got done with a call to Ebay to complain about their screw up which cost me a nicely priced ever ready case for a LX

took about 90 minutes

very pleasant lady

she took my complaint

said she was going to authorize a credit

helped me search for similar item

found one on EBay Ireland

QuoteQuote:
original PENTAX LX ever ready SOFT CASE (Real leather)
not as nicely priced as the one ebay made me miss but better than the other ones I had found from Hungary and Britain

so I bought it

got official confirmation of the sale

going to talk to her supervisor tomorrow to complement her

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-22-2021 at 07:37 AM.
01-22-2021, 08:34 AM   #21728
Veteran Member

A AD 400 or 600 is way more expensive, but more powerful (and bigger).

The nice thing is that I own 3 Godox V850 speedlights (older generation) triggered by a RF16s trigger. The XT2 can accept a dump hotshoe connection, so I can stack the RF16s on it and control/trigger the AD100Pro, the 3 V850, the TT350s and even use the Metz 52 AF-1 (but I cannot adjust its power remotely).

Conclusion : I have too many flashes! But I can also get pretty creative with light sculpting. Although I rarely fight the Sun, and when I do the AD100Pro and TT350s can do HSS, so that's another base covered.

Interesting. I haven't yet figured out the best way to use the AD100Pro on location, apart from maybe winging it maybe laying it down somewhere. Its bottom even accepts a tripod plate so I might just use that from time to time, or even leave a mini plate there at all times and use the second hole for when I want to attach the included mounting gear.

I am looking to move more to a large more powerful unit for more flexibility in studio and outdoors. Also maybe simplify amd focus on 1 light setups using large octobox with reflectors to get softer light
There is a light stand adaptor that works with the 100 (s2 I believe) there is also a1/4 to cold shoe newer adaptor to use with your existing pieces
01-22-2021, 09:37 AM   #21729
Pentaxian

There is a light stand adaptor that works with the 100 (s2 I believe)
Yes, the AD100Pro ships with it.

1/4 to cold shoe newer adaptor
Might look into that indeed. My softbox is set up for speedlights, it would be less expensive to buy a support for the AD100Pro than to buy a new holder for the softbox.
01-22-2021, 10:27 AM   #21730
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yep, you have a lot of options...

Yes, the AD100Pro ships with it.
...though the included AD-E2 bracket would work nicely for simple mounting or with an umbrella. Out of curiosity, are you able to use your TT350P as a RF wireless TTL master/controller for the AD100Pro?

Steve
01-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #21731
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Out of curiosity, are you able to use your TT350P as a RF wireless TTL master/controller for the AD100Pro?
Mine is a TT250s :O

Yes, it can drive the AD100Pro. And the nice thing is, the AD100Pro is sistem-agnostic, meaning any Godox TTL flash or trigger can operate it in PTTL mode. That's something I wouldn't have believed possible even a few years ago.
01-22-2021, 12:55 PM   #21732
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

And the nice thing is, the AD100Pro is sistem-agnostic, meaning any Godox TTL flash or trigger can operate it in PTTL mode. That's something I wouldn't have believed possible even a few years ago.
Yep...I believe that is assuming the master/controller is TTL capable and Pentax-dedicated and mounted to a P-TTL camera. I would love to have access to an XT2-P along with a TT350P, and a couple other Godox Pentax-capable speedlights/strobes. There are a whole bunch of tests I would like to do, both with and without using the generic hot shoe up top.

Steve

(...so much curiosity...so little money...)
01-22-2021, 07:28 PM - 1 Like   #21733
Pentaxian

Received the last of the job lots I was expecting. The lot of T-mounts and reversing rings etc. wasn't as good as I'd hoped, the teleconverter that was included appears to be for Canon FD long lenses or zooms rather than all FD lenses, and the M42 tubes aren't working properly, I think someone "repaired" the stop-down mechanism and did a lousy job of it. I doubt I'll break even.

The lenses, however, were very good indeed: for £14.50 including postage I got
A nice old Miranda 50/1.8 (the old external bayonet fitting) with very slight fungus in the front element but otherwise OK and has the original metal front cap
An unbranded 50/1.9 in Contax/Yashica fitting (the lens surround is missing which is why I don't know who made it, I suspect Yashica)
x2 converters for Olympus OM and M42
Two fairly average projector lenses
and a Mitsuki (actually Tokina built) 75-260mm f4.5 close-focus zoom in Minolta MD fitting, in perfect condition. Really working well, and gave some very nice results on my Micro 4/3 body despite lousy lighting. Probably won't sell for nearly what it's worth, because of the mount and because it's bloody heavy, but I'm starting off at £4.99 and I'll see what happens.
Together they ought to raise at least £30-40 with luck, which ought to pay for both lots.

The lens is this one: https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/sears-75-260mm-f4-5-close-focus.html
01-22-2021, 09:11 PM   #21734
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
and a Mitsuki (actually Tokina built) 75-260mm f4.5 close-focus zoom in Minolta MD fitting, in perfect condition. Really working well, and gave some very nice results on my Micro 4/3 body despite lousy lighting.

The lens is this one: Sears ( Tokina ) 75-260mm f4.5 (close focus) Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
I have the Tokina version of this lens in M/SR mount (which I think is for Minolta). Focus and aperture rings are smooth and the glass looks crystal clean, but I can't mount it onto any of my camera's. Would it be worth putting on Ebay or here?
01-22-2021, 09:48 PM   #21735
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
it seems to be primarily scratches - along with the dents, etc.....
I bet it really adds aesthetics to the photos.