Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2021, 05:40 PM - 1 Like   #22516
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Pentax m 200 f4 to complete the landscape manual lens kit I have for the K1, 28/3.5, 50/1.4 and 135/3.5 all m series

05-16-2021, 06:23 PM - 1 Like   #22517
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
The bigger DLi-90 third party batteries from Wasabi and Kastar are about seventy percent the life of a Pentax original.
Aftermarket DLi-190 batteries, well, I have Wasabi, Kastar, PowerCell and Newmona, all seem to confuse the battery percentage monitor of the KP and K70. Pop in a freshly charged battery and after half an hour of intermittent use, the yellow battery indicator appears. Shutting the camera off and then re-powering, the Wasabi and Kastar batteries show full, the others half. None power the camera neatly as long as a ten year old leftover Pentax battery from a K-30. So, I agree, if you need a DLi-190, buy a Pentax original.
When a battery package has a specified shape, the only ways to get more power within that shape is to use a different battery chemistry or to put more plates in the same space. Since the 3rd party batteries are also Lithium ion, the plates inside those higher powered batteries are closer together. Two things happen: a higher self-discharge level and the batteries wear out faster. The only way to get your money's worth out of most 3rd party batteries is if you shoot a lot of pictures every day, and replace the batteries more often.

I've discovered the same thing with replacing (at least Android) cell phone batteries - The OEM battery has a much longer useful life.
05-16-2021, 07:29 PM - 1 Like   #22518
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
The latest is one metal hotshoe cover for my K3III, the newly released Pentax O-HC177. Yup, a lot of money for something so small, but if it matches the K3III silver it was worth it for me.

It does not if anyone else is curious. More stainless than silver.
A Sharpie silver paint pen is a close match to the silver of my KP. I painted a hotshoe cover, it looks decent, though it rarely ends up in the shoe. 😆
05-17-2021, 06:06 AM - 2 Likes   #22519
Veteran Member

just received a 35lbs dumbbell.
I was feeling bad ordering it from amazon, as the delivery people who drop it off, they may not be strong enough to pick it up.
Not saying they are weak, but if you pick it up at the wrong angle, there goes your back. I highly doubt companies like Amazon would pay their employees sick leave while they nurse their back.

sadly, as i suspected, it was a lady, maybe in her 50's? she was struggling with it. I ran out the door to help her out.

05-17-2021, 06:26 AM   #22520
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
The latest is one metal hotshoe cover for my K3III, the newly released Pentax O-HC177. Yup, a lot of money for something so small, but if it matches the K3III silver it was worth it for me.

It does not if anyone else is curious. More stainless than silver.
I want the plastic cover, but nobody sells them anymore. The metallic and commemorative ones are too expensive for something that I might lose.
05-17-2021, 06:44 AM   #22521
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
I want the plastic cover, but nobody sells them anymore. The metallic and commemorative ones are too expensive for something that I might lose.
I use a spirit level in my hotshoes...
05-17-2021, 07:24 AM - 6 Likes   #22522
Pentaxian

Newest arrival is a set of loaners to review the new HD FA Limited. It's rare that I get so many new toys at one time, expensive ones too!

So many nice boxes.

05-17-2021, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #22523
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I though about it but chose the better fit of Pentax PK clones.

---------- Post added 05-17-21 at 07:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Newest arrival is a set of loaners to review the new HD FA Limited. It's rare that I get so many new toys at one time, expensive ones too!

So many nice boxes.
Oh, wow! Eager to see the difference between the 31s.
05-17-2021, 07:52 AM   #22524
Pentaxian

Yes, I learned the lesson. No more Wasabi, Watson, etc.
I bought two with an extra charger for my K-3 and initially they lasted about 75% of an original. One of the two lasted about eighteen months before it help only a negligible charge, the other was significantly better but I bought one extra original battery and it's better than having two poor performers.

So many nice boxes.
Very nice. I too am looking forward to seeing the difference though I won't be spending money on them. My MIJ 43mm is a pretty good performer.
05-17-2021, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #22525
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I have several of those since I think they came in a pack of either 5 or 6. I used two of them on my cameras, somehow managing not to lose the other originals. Alos never lost the bubble-level replacements.
05-17-2021, 07:54 AM - 3 Likes   #22526
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just purchased a Pentax *300 f/4; and now a KP! Really excited for this combo to arrive!
05-17-2021, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #22527
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

So many nice boxes.
a review of those would be nice

but I am eagerly awaiting an ebook someone mentioned you might be involved with

and personally that is what is on top of my list to see
05-17-2021, 02:19 PM   #22528
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

New 5Pcs Hot Shoe Cover for Canon Nikon Olympus Pentax WF JF | eBay
05-17-2021, 06:28 PM   #22529
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you!
05-18-2021, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #22530
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
a review of those would be nice
You can say "will" be nice

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
but I am eagerly awaiting an ebook someone mentioned you might be involved with

and personally that is what is on top of my list to see
That's supposed to happen, I'll need access to a Katie (K-3 iii) first.