Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2021, 09:14 PM - 1 Like   #23881
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cowlitzJim Quote
My copy of that same lens arrived today! For no sane reason I've had excellent copies of the DA.L in the past, ny one DA copy was less consistent.

I decided the Ks2 will have wide primes and the zoom when it's wet. So far 21/28/50/ 85/135 are in hand or on the way. Some day a wider WR will be added.
My copy seem to be a keeper.
It is not that good @ 50mm end. but I brought it for the 200mm end and it is surprisingly sharp for a lens this cheap. No wonder it has such high rating in the review page. Hope you enjoy your.

11-12-2021, 04:16 AM - 1 Like   #23882
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Over the last few days I've picked up most of the bits and pieces I need for B&W film processing at home - developing tank with reels, graduated measuring cylinders, jugs, funnels, thermometer, storage bottles, stirrers, film cannister opener (i.e. bottle opener ), changing bag, film clips. The only things I don't have yet - I think - are a very small measuring cylinder and the chemicals.

Tonight, I'll be practicing loading an old roll of 120 onto a reel
Further to my last post, I've just ordered some Fomadon R09 (Rodinal) developer, Ilford Rapid Fixer and Adox Adoflo II wetting agent - and some inexpensive measuring pipettes with 10ml graduated cylinder. They should all arrive within the week, after which I'm ready to rock and roll (well, ready to screw-up, probably ).

I spent some time last night practise-loading 35mm film onto a reel and into the AP tank - initially, without the changing bag, and then with. The Paterson changing bag is a little less roomy than I'd expected, but otherwise it works very well. The AP reels are pretty easy to use, and I found I didn't need to clip the leading corners of the film as some folks recommend. I tried both ways, and had no problem with either approach.

Next, I need to try loading 120. I can't find the old roll I thought I had, so I'll have another look for it later today. I'm reluctant to waste a perfectly good new roll of Fomapan 200 or Ilford HP5, but maybe it'll come to that...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 11-12-2021 at 04:49 AM.
11-12-2021, 05:10 AM - 1 Like   #23883
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Further to my last post, I've just ordered some Fomadon R09 (Rodinal) developer, Ilford Rapid Fixer and Adox Adoflo II wetting agent - and some inexpensive measuring pipettes with 10ml graduated cylinder. They should all arrive within the week, after which I'm ready to rock and roll (well, ready to screw-up, probably ).

I spent some time last night practise-loading 35mm film onto a reel and into the AP tank - initially, without the changing bag, and then with. The Paterson changing bag is a little less roomy than I'd expected, but otherwise it works very well. The AP reels are pretty easy to use, and I found I didn't need to clip the leading corners of the film as some folks recommend. I tried both ways, and had no problem with either approach.

Next, I need to try loading 120. I can't find the old roll I thought I had, so I'll have another look for it later today. I'm reluctant to waste a perfectly good new roll of Fomapan 200 or Ilford HP5, but maybe it'll come to that...

Changing bags always feel a little confining, and they are compared to working at a bench in a darkroom. I remember one company offering a dark bag that was partially inflatable. It had tubular supports that you blew into like inflating a beach ball or tiny inflatable boat. It never caught on SFAIK.
11-12-2021, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #23884
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Changing bags always feel a little confining, and they are compared to working at a bench in a darkroom. I remember one company offering a dark bag that was partially inflatable. It had tubular supports that you blew into like inflating a beach ball or tiny inflatable boat. It never caught on SFAIK.
I almost chose an extra large bag from another brand, but it was twice the price and just didn't look like the same quality, so I settled on the Paterson. I'll get used to it, I'm sure. Plus, its a nice size to use in the back of my 4x4 with the tailgate raised, if I should ever need a dark environment for film loading and unloading... and, when folded away, it takes up almost no space in my cupboard. So, yeah... I think it'll do just fine

11-12-2021, 07:20 AM - 2 Likes   #23885
Pentaxian

Rokkor-X 45/2 = Would love to get the 40/2 but likely won't find it shipped for $26...
11-12-2021, 10:11 AM - 2 Likes   #23886
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just bought a second *1st DS from fleabay, this time I didn’t get it super cheap like my Mercari find. I need a spare since the control wheel on the first one can be intermittent. I am loving the super easy TTL macro flash photography with my recently acquired Sunpak DX8R Ringlight. Why oh why did Pentax abandon true TTL flash after the *1st D, DS and DS2.?
11-12-2021, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #23887
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Rokkor-X 45/2 = Would love to get the 40/2 but likely won't find it shipped for $26...
quirky little pancake... I love my copy.....

11-12-2021, 10:28 AM - 4 Likes   #23888
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Used lens acquisition

I have just received a copy of the AF Minolta 50mm f 1.4 (a mount). Here are a few early snaps which seem to confirm the generally favorable reviews for this lens.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
11-12-2021, 10:31 AM   #23889
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I have just received a copy of the AF Minolta 50mm f 1.4 (a mount). Here are a few early snaps which seem to confirm the generally favorable reviews for this lens.
Very nice, Ivan! I have the f/1.7 which is a nice little lens, but often wish I'd stumped up the extra funds for the f/1.4 instead...
11-12-2021, 11:23 AM - 2 Likes   #23890
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very nice, Ivan! I have the f/1.7 which is a nice little lens, but often wish I'd stumped up the extra funds for the f/1.4 instead...
Yes, the 1.4 is a nice lens, and I found a pristine copy for only $100, so could not resist. I also have the 50/2.8 macro and 2 copies of the 1.7, both of which came in unbidden on the 350 and 390 cams. I even think the 1.4 does a nice job with portraiture, as per attached of my wife and her friend just a few minutes ago.

COMMENT: Pentax Forum is rotating my portrait photos into landscape orientation as it used to do several years back. I wish Adam could do something about this. Meanwhile, just turn your computer on its side or swivel your head around in order to view. My wife is the one wearing blue, and the other lady is a friend from Virginia up here with us for a short visit.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 

Last edited by ivanvernon; 11-12-2021 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Comment
11-12-2021, 01:10 PM   #23891
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Would love to get the 40/2 but likely won't find it shipped for $26...
any better than the Voigtlander Ultron 40/2?
11-12-2021, 06:32 PM - 2 Likes   #23892
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

2 rolls of Kodak E100 film 135-36

Midwest Photo Exchange has this in stock.
The above film is for next year's vacation.

4 rolls Kodak Tri-X 135-24

These are for my daughter's first venture into film photography.
I recently bought her a Pentax MX and had Eric Hendrickson service it.

Chris
11-13-2021, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #23893
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
any better than the Voigtlander Ultron 40/2?
I wish I could try both...

I read it compares well to the Summicron-c (apparently it is optically similar). But that's all I got.
11-13-2021, 06:29 AM   #23894
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I wish I could try both...

I read it compares well to the Summicron-c (apparently it is optically similar). But that's all I got.

gotcha - I didn't know if I needed to feed my own LBA or not.....

(:
11-13-2021, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #23895
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
gotcha - I didn't know if I needed to feed my own LBA or not.....
Please do, feed it! Many here including myself live these lenses vicariously through dedicated folks like yourself.