Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2021, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #23896
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Please do, feed it! Many here including myself live these lenses vicariously through dedicated folks like yourself.
probably not on this one - for that price, I have a list of f1.2 lenses I'm watching.....

11-14-2021, 08:10 AM - 5 Likes   #23897
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I’ve never seen a pair of these Asahi Pentax mini 6x15mm binoculars before, so I had to send an offer to the Mercari seller. On the way for $40.27 taxes and shipping included.
Attached Images

Last edited by steamloco76; 11-14-2021 at 12:21 PM.
11-14-2021, 04:46 PM - 1 Like   #23898
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I couldn't find another new Pentax D-LI50 battery for my wife's K10D camera
so bought a Wasabi, the only third party brand name I've heard of.

Chris
11-14-2021, 06:38 PM - 2 Likes   #23899
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

not photography related but a new set of Klipsch computer speakers. Finally decided that after 20 years it was time to replace my old Altec Lansing set. Bass is definitely better on the Klipsch but like the highs on the Altecs better.

11-14-2021, 10:05 PM - 1 Like   #23900
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I couldn't find another new Pentax D-LI50 battery for my wife's K10D camera
so bought a Wasabi, the only third party brand name I've heard of.

Chris
They are good, but calendar life is shorter than the genuine Pentax. Once they get a few years old, they don't take a charge as well. Lately, I have been buying Watson from B&H. I expect they will age out at about the same rate as the Wasabis.

Steve
11-15-2021, 03:25 AM - 2 Likes   #23901
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote

Should be just like riding a bike no? Its the other drivers you need to keep an eye on...
Yes, and yes.

Been riding since I was big enough to walk.

After college I didn’t have a car, and no money. I bought a new motorcycle on credit, and rode it every day for the first year I had it, save for the one cold, winter day we had snow.

I commuted around 50 miles each way, mostly on interstate freeway. Amazing what you can see drivers doing, reading the paper, drinking coffee, eating, shaving, putting on makeup (what would that woman feel like if in an accident the eyeliner brush was shoved into her eye?), everything but concentrate on driving. They would look right at me, signal a lane change and move over.

Maddening.

You have to drive for them, as well as yourself when on a bike.

Back then traffic wasn’t nearly as heavy as it is today. I have little desire to commute these days around all the self absorbed idiots with their noses buried in a cell phone texting and checking Facebook.
11-15-2021, 05:01 AM - 3 Likes   #23902
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
You have to drive for them, as well as yourself when on a bike.

Well put. I'll add that since legalization of cannabis DUI now seems to be accepted.
In many areas all I need do is roll down my car window down to get a strong whiff of that powerful skunky stuff the kids are so fond of.

Add to this that many of these youngsters seemed to have learned their driving "skills" from some video game - where you get 3 lives!

(End of rant.)

Chris

11-15-2021, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #23903
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Well put. I'll add that since legalization of cannabis DUI now seems to be accepted.
In many areas all I need do is roll down my car window down to get a strong whiff of that powerful skunky stuff the kids are so fond of.

Add to this that many of these youngsters seemed to have learned their driving "skills" from some video game - where you get 3 lives!

(End of rant.) Chris

As ever, forbidden fruit is the sweetest.
11-16-2021, 06:57 AM - 5 Likes   #23904
Pentaxian

Customs skipped this one and sent it right to me so it arrived in a record 6 days from Japan. It looks to be in fine condition. Tamron SP adaptall-2 35-210mm 1:3.5-4.2.

11-16-2021, 08:03 AM   #23905
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I’ve never seen a pair of these Asahi Pentax mini 6x15mm binoculars before, so I had to send an offer to the Mercari seller. On the way for $40.27 taxes and shipping included.
Binoculars of that style have been available for as long as I can remember = compact, low magnification with individual focus eyepieces. They are intended for watching or looking at something that's at a fixed distance, for example a stage/theater show or sometimes a sporting event such as watching closely what's happening at home plate during a baseball game. They're not suitable for carry-along for bird watching because it's too clumsy getting both eyepieces in focus. Center-focus binoculars rule for that function.
11-16-2021, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #23906
Pentaxian

A K-S2 will be coming in, to replace the K-3 that is going out.

I didn't get along with the K-3 sensor, and I tried for almost a year. My fault I'm sure, but time to move on. I need a good camera for kids sports shooting and I use manual focus a lot for that purpose, so AF performance wasn't enough for me to keep the K-3. Basically what I needed was a K-S1 with a better grip... everything else is icing on the cake.

After the 10MP CCD sensor, the 20MP CMOS is my favorite sensor (and it goes to ISO 3200 with quite good performance, better IMHO than K-3). At base ISO it performs super nicely, colors really pop and textures show very well.
11-16-2021, 08:00 PM   #23907
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Binoculars of that style have been available for as long as I can remember = compact, low magnification with individual focus eyepieces. They are intended for watching or looking at something that's at a fixed distance, for example a stage/theater show or sometimes a sporting event such as watching closely what's happening at home plate during a baseball game. They're not suitable for carry-along for bird watching because it's too clumsy getting both eyepieces in focus. Center-focus binoculars rule for that function.
I am familiar with “opera glasses”. Besides 6 power is pretty low for any type of bird watching. I bought these to add to my Asahi Pentax collection.
11-16-2021, 10:15 PM - 2 Likes   #23908
Veteran Member

LPL 670 DXL Dichroic enlarger w/ Rodenstock 50mm f/2.8 purchased at a thrift store. Complete except for the power supply and a timer.

11-17-2021, 12:57 AM   #23909
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 1984 Quote
LPL 670 DXL Dichroic enlarger w/ Rodenstock 50mm f/2.8 purchased at a thrift store. Complete except for the power supply and a timer.
I have one of those in a closet upstairs. The power supply might be difficult to source.

Steve
11-17-2021, 05:14 AM - 1 Like   #23910
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Customs skipped this one and sent it right to me so it arrived in a record 6 days from Japan. It looks to be in fine condition. Tamron SP adaptall-2 35-210mm 1:3.5-4.2.

I get amazing delivery times on items ordered from Japanese eBay suppliers. As one of the fastest, I ordered on Thursday midday, and got delivery on Monday, no idea how this was even possible.
« The Joke Thread | - »