Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
12-26-2021, 03:44 PM   #24271
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
IF I had a Visa credit card I'd now swop to that for next couple of weeks and then back to my Mastercard, and maybe I'd also get twenty quid - but I haven't and so I won't
I think I only received the offer because my Prime membership is due for renewal next month, and my default payment method was set to a Visa credit card which won't be accepted by them on my renewal date. I guess they figure a modest (but much appreciated) voucher would help to ensure my Prime is renewed for another year. It would have been anyway, but I'm glad I waited to switch cards

12-26-2021, 11:46 PM   #24272
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
IF I had a Visa credit card I'd now swop to that for next couple of weeks and then back to my Mastercard, and maybe I'd also get twenty quid - but I haven't and so I won't
My bank gave me a Visa a few years ago. I guess I need to go to them and say “give me a solution “, either give me one of the other brand or fix Amazon. The former is probably easier.

The other solution would be to give me the same claim protection on my debit card when shopping online.

All things within the power of the bank to do but probably not the clerk I get to see at the branch.
12-27-2021, 07:23 AM - 2 Likes   #24273
Pentaxian

I do but AFAIK Amazon Spain don't have any plans to dump Visa credit cards.

As for acquisitions, yesterday I spotted that the new TTartisans shoe-mount light meter, which has been out of stock on their own webshop every time I've looked, was available on Amazon. Only in silver, which is a shame, but there were only two units so I purchased one. Today the other has also gone.

I'm looking forward to getting a shoe-mounted meter to use with my older film cameras which have unreliable or simply non-functional battery meters. My hand-held meter works well but it's a faff having an extra piece of equipment to handle when there's already so much to go through to use such old cameras.
12-27-2021, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #24274
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've gone back and forth on acquiring a "soft focus" lens for a couple of years, and finally decided to buy one and see what value it adds. FA85 2.8 Soft.

12-27-2021, 10:08 AM   #24275
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote

As for acquisitions, yesterday I spotted that the new TTartisans shoe-mount light meter, which has been out of stock on their own webshop every time I've looked, was available on Amazon. Only in silver, which is a shame, but there were only two units so I purchased one. Today the other has also gone.

I'm looking forward to getting a shoe-mounted meter to use with my older film cameras which have unreliable or simply non-functional battery meters. My hand-held meter works well but it's a faff having an extra piece of equipment to handle when there's already so much to go through to use such old cameras.
I was lucky enough to order one for 58€ when they were launched. Took about three weeks to arrive, I guess directly from China? Haven't used it yet, but it will be permanently attached to my ME with dead meter.
12-27-2021, 01:43 PM - 5 Likes   #24276
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Incoming... an 18-month-old, used Gossen Digisix 2 light meter. According to the eBay auction, it was rarely-used and is in excellent condition, boxed, with pouch and lanyard. I paid a little more than I'd have liked for a used light meter made entirely from plastic, with an LCD comparable to a $20 Casio watch... but it was still half the price of buying new

This is mainly for my film photography with cameras that don't have built-in / working light meters - but I may well use it for digital photography too, as incident metering is far more reliable and consistent than reflective in many circumstances. I've been using my smartphone with a light meter app for film photography thus far, or estimating exposure with Sunny-16...

Honestly, I'd have preferred a Sekonic L-208, as the ISO range is better and it's a tad more traditional with a match-needle display - but this used Gossen was a fair bit cheaper than the lowest-priced new L-208 I could find, and it has quite a few additional functions that may - or may not - come in handy (the scene contrast function looks pretty useful - also the timer). Either way, I'm sure it'll do the job just as nicely. When all's said and done, it's a tool - not a show-piece

I need to pick up a good quality CR2032 battery for it before it arrives. I usually have some lying around, but I'm pretty sure I used the last one in my kitchen scales a few weeks back...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-27-2021 at 03:03 PM.
12-27-2021, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #24277
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Incoming... an 18-month-old, used Gossen Digisix 2 light meter. According to the eBay auction, it was rarely-used and is in excellent condition, boxed, with pouch and lanyard. I paid a little more than I'd have liked for a used light meter made entirely from plastic, with an LCD comparable to a $20 Casio watch... but it was still half the price of buying new.

This is mainly for my film photography with cameras that don't have their own (or working) light meters - but I may well use it for digital photography too, as incident metering is far more reliable and consistent than reflective in many circumstances. I've been using my smartphone with a light meter app thus far, or estimating exposure with Sunny-16...

I'd have preferred a Sekonic L-208 as the ISO range is better and it's a tad more traditional with a match-needle display - but this used Gossen was a fair bit cheaper than the lowest-priced new L-208 I could find, and it has quite a few additional functions that may (or may not) come in handy. I'm sure it'll do the job just as nicely. When all's said and done, it's a tool - not a show-piece

I need to pick up a good quality CR2032 battery for it before it arrives. I usually have some lying around, but I'm pretty sure I used the last one in my kitchen scales a few weeks back...
It’s good to see that another old photo equipment company still exists and is making new products. I only have two light meters, an Asahi Pentax one dedicated to fitting on the early (S3, SV etc) cameras and a period Weston Master III that I bought to go with my Leica IIIf. That TTArtisans shoe-mounted meter in silver might be just the thing to replace it, though.

12-27-2021, 02:20 PM   #24278
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It’s good to see that another old photo equipment company still exists and is making new products. I only have two light meters, an Asahi Pentax one dedicated to fitting on the early (S3, SV etc) cameras and a period Weston Master III that I bought to go with my Leica IIIf. That TTArtisans shoe-mounted meter in silver might be just the thing to replace it, though.
That TTartisan meter looks great, and what a fantastic price! Much cheaper than the Voigtländer "original". I assume it's for reflective rather than incident metering, though? Both are useful, obviously... but quite different. Perhaps less of an issue given the exposure latitude of most films?

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-27-2021 at 02:52 PM.
12-27-2021, 04:43 PM   #24279
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Perhaps there's some money to be made buying 220 backs, at least for Pentax, and converting them to 120, which I think I've read is simple to do.

I too had heard that Pentax 645 220 inserts could be converted to 120.

A tutorial with photos was posted today on Rangefinder Forum:

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/node/4763083

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 12-27-2021 at 06:33 PM.
12-27-2021, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #24280
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
NOS 40.5mm filters

UV, X0 and ND from USA seller filterfind.net https://www.filterfind.net/home.html

To fit my just purchased Petri Color 35 camera...

Chris
Filterfind is a great place. They don't have everything, but if something unusual is needed, they more likely than most to have what one is looking for.

Steve

(...still looking for my nemesis 49 x 0.5 filters or adapter to 49 x 0.75...)
12-27-2021, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #24281
Pentaxian

Incoming... an 18-month-old, used Gossen Digisix 2 light meter. According to the eBay auction, it was rarely-used and is in excellent condition, boxed, with pouch and lanyard. I paid a little more than I'd have liked for a used light meter made entirely from plastic, with an LCD comparable to a $20 Casio watch... but it was still half the price of buying new

This is mainly for my film photography with cameras that don't have built-in / working light meters - but I may well use it for digital photography too, as incident metering is far more reliable and consistent than reflective in many circumstances. I've been using my smartphone with a light meter app for film photography thus far, or estimating exposure with Sunny-16...

Honestly, I'd have preferred a Sekonic L-208, as the ISO range is better and it's a tad more traditional with a match-needle display - but this used Gossen was a fair bit cheaper than the lowest-priced new L-208 I could find, and it has quite a few additional functions that may - or may not - come in handy (the scene contrast function looks pretty useful - also the timer). Either way, I'm sure it'll do the job just as nicely. When all's said and done, it's a tool - not a show-piece

Nice meter. Couple years back I bought a new Sekonic L398. Classic meter, use with film and digital occasionally.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8...GN-8Bn4POhlAmH
Still have my old Sekonic meter, that I bought new, in 1968 and it still works. It is batteryless.
12-27-2021, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #24282
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That TTartisan meter looks great, and what a fantastic price! Much cheaper than the Voigtländer "original". I assume it's for reflective rather than incident metering, though? Both are useful, obviously... but quite different. Perhaps less of an issue given the exposure latitude of most films?
I’ve just ordered one. I checked out the DOOMO meter, which seems to be better made (engraved characters on the dials plus click stops for both dials), but for the price, the TTartisan meter looks good enough for my use.
12-27-2021, 08:36 PM - 4 Likes   #24283
Pentaxian

new to me sigma 18-35/f1.8 gotten from forum member......had to check out the vignette on the k-1 given its a crop lens......aint terrible from 24 on n can be cropped out but also has a neat effect.....
this lens is gonna alotta fun!!

cropped but not severely at 35mm

no crop at 23mm

12-28-2021, 12:21 AM   #24284
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice meter. Couple years back I bought a new Sekonic L398. Classic meter, use with film and digital occasionally.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8...981&
Still have my old Sekonic meter, that I bought new, in 1968 and it still works. It is batteryless.
That L-398 is a beauty... I've looked at it numerous times when considering different models. It's beyond my needs and budget - but an impressive bit of gear... and I love that it doesn't need a battery

I'd have been more than happy to buy an older meter, but finding one that's guaranteed accurate is easier said than done
12-28-2021, 05:55 AM   #24285
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
I was lucky enough to order one for 58€ when they were launched. Took about three weeks to arrive, I guess directly from China? Haven't used it yet, but it will be permanently attached to my ME with dead meter.
How do you find it in use? I paid €10 more than you and in fact could have ordered the black one from another seller on Amazon, perhaps TTartisans themselves, for four euros more plus eight euros shipping for which you get the slow boat - it states the product likely wouldn't arrive until early February

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I too had heard that Pentax 645 220 inserts could be converted to 120.

A tutorial with photos was posted today on Rangefinder Forum:

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/node/4763083

Chris
Good that it's out there in case I ever come across one for a decent price.