Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Like new looking (and probably is) PK/A adapter for Tamron Adaptall-2

seller pic:

05-31-2022, 06:07 AM   #25202
Pentaxian

72mm Hoya HMC UV Filter

Despite the consensus against the use of filters on another PF thread , I have just received this one to go with a 500mm Centon/Vivitar mirror lens from which I have recently cleaned out the dust and fungus.

Not very exciting except that the Ebay seller turned out to be Mifsud, a bricks and mortar dealer in Brixham (Devon, UK). They are a name from the past as they used to have a two page spread in Amateur Photographer mag (still do?) when I subscribed to it, and they did mail order back then too. There don't seem to be many remaining independent shops like that. Oddly, they did not call themselves "Mifsud" on Ebay.

It does irritate me when people mention stuff and always add, quite unnecessarily, "You can get it from Amazon" because I don't think there is anything that you can't get from the blighters. I Googled for plutonium once and some website automatically responded that I can get it from Amazon

05-31-2022, 01:22 PM - 3 Likes   #25203
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Two 100W Newpowa solar panels to mount in the cap of my pickup truck. They will keep my homemade solar generator topped off and I will also be able to route the power to the batteries in my RV if needed to charge them up. I already have a 190W solar panel on the roof of my RV.

That is the official story. In reality they can generate 1.8 gigawatts of power. Now all I have to do is wait for the ship with the container loaded with flux capacitors to finally get unloaded in Los Angeles.
05-31-2022, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #25204
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
two 100w newpowa solar panels to mount in the cap of my pickup truck. They will keep my homemade solar generator topped off and i will also be able to route the power to the batteries in my rv if needed to charge them up. I already have a 190w solar panel on the roof of my rv.

That is the official story. In reality they can generate 1.8 gigawatts of power. Now all i have to do is wait for the ship with the container loaded with flux capacitors to finally get unloaded in los angeles.
great scott!!!!!

05-31-2022, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #25205
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another Domke 5XA black bag

$17.84 with free shipping from Amazon Warehouse

My wife can use this one for her binoculars and birding stuff or Nikon P7000.

Chris
05-31-2022, 07:12 PM   #25206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Two 100W Newpowa solar panels to mount in the cap of my pickup truck. They will keep my homemade solar generator topped off and I will also be able to route the power to the batteries in my RV if needed to charge them up. I already have a 190W solar panel on the roof of my RV.

That is the official story. In reality they can generate 1.8 gigawatts of power. Now all I have to do is wait for the ship with the container loaded with flux capacitors to finally get unloaded in Los Angeles.
You can pull up to a recharging station and tell people you don't need to plug in anymore.
06-01-2022, 03:02 AM - 1 Like   #25207
Pentaxian

A shiny Samsung S10 just arrived. It's charging now and will hopefully not be too hard to set up, though that'll probably need to wait a few days.

06-01-2022, 03:32 AM - 1 Like   #25208
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I buy only modern gear I can only boast (not much compared to 645D) about finally getting 60-250 DA*. Shipped straight from Japan, via EU distributor and then Polish distributor and then Polish shop

Now I need new tripod head, old one is too loose to keep K-3/3 and 60-250 stable in place.
06-02-2022, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #25209
Pentaxian

SMC Pentax-A Zoom 35-70 1:4. Second copy with a filter ring (though you can see a crack in it already. Pentax definitely started to drop the ball in the A-series). My first copy was very wobbly making it hard to focus and keep it centred. Also suffers from low contrast, which wasn't so bad in close up but at infinity it was terrible.

06-02-2022, 04:09 AM - 3 Likes   #25210
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Sigma SD Quattro + 30mm f1.4 DC HSM/Art

arrived yesterday from LensRentals for a week-and-a-half evaluation period....

06-02-2022, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #25211
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

It would be interesting to see how that Foveon sensor performs with vintage glass.
06-02-2022, 06:25 AM   #25212
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It would be interesting to see how that Foveon sensor performs with vintage glass.
agreed, but as it's a rental and I don't have the proper adapter....
06-02-2022, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #25213
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
OK, so to follow on from my post of last week, transcript as follows...

"Harem Chaos" Potentially turbulent times ahead in the "Harem", in terms of the carnage of acceptance jealousy... standard issue Kevlar protective clothing and helmet, are advised to be worn at all times throughout this entire process. A new "Harem initiate" is currently inbound from another forum member. This will endeavour to plug an obvious focal length shortfall... well that's the tale Lady Kerrowdown has been told. As is the way in our forum world, fellow members have always assisted in the naming process of my "Ladies" for their "Harem Membership".

Well a new good looking "Lady" (Pentax-A 35mm F2) has just arrived this morning from a fellow forum member. So she's about to go out on hot date (well the sun is shining, albeit briefly) and undergo her first "Sea Trials" with the old Kerrowdown.

As she can't officially enter the Harem with her innominate tag, she needs your assistance. This is an absolutely "Unique Opportunity" to go down in the annals of time, with a formal recognition as "Harem Name Giver". Not many may claim such a title, WPRESTO has started the ball rolling with his suggestion of Circe (a Greek Enchantress Goddess).

If anyone else has thoughts on appropriate name for this "Lady" please respond now and thank you all for allowing me this moment of indulgence.

STOP PRESS UPDATE:

Three quick images from the new herself, shot close, mid and far distance.

Update: After seeking wise counsel she has entered the Harem under the trial basis, with the nomenclature of Bohemian Lady Pentax-A 35mm F2.0
Not sure if you have found a name yet...

I was going to say Lady Giocconda... as the slightly wide and cheery lens is a source of happiness usually, when you look at the results from a good sample... but of course this lens is Japanese, not Italian, so the name should be similar... Daiki means shining but it also means large... so I'd say "Dirty Daiki" would be my suggestion... after all she has to impose herself over her jealous harem companions... lol
06-02-2022, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #25214
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

Wow, first the 645D and now this, there's no slowing down with you
06-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #25215
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Wow, first the 645D and now this, there's no slowing down with you
they kinda happened almost simultaneously... and I could not pass up the opportunity of a 645D....

and I'll be back in the CCD cult....

(: