Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2023, 09:47 PM   #25966
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
It was made by a german guy. Bought it on Ebay if I'm not mistaken.
He made a few in Sony E mount and a few in m4/3 mount.
The adapters are made from a 3D printed part plus an iris assembly.
The diaphragm sits in the same place as the original one (behind the lens, in the original 110 camera it was inside the camera body).
Not sure they are still available though.

Regarding my previous message, I made a mistake. I have FIVE out of six of the original Pentax-110 lenses.
I had the 18mm, 24mm and 50mm with the camera. After some time I found the 70mm, together with the 20-40mm zoom. Never seen in real life the 18mm pan-focus, that I believe was sold in very small quantity.

Cheers

Paolo
Do you have contact details for the seller of the mounts? I'd really like to get one with an iris, and the links I've tried always end up with someone working on a prototype that isn't ready for sale.

01-27-2023, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #25967
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
a Tokina AT-X 35mm f2.8 Macro, in Nikon F-mount for my Fuji S5 Pro...
01-27-2023, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #25968
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
a Tokina AT-X 35mm f2.8 Macro, in Nikon F-mount for my Fuji S5 Pro...
I'd be interested in your thoughts on how it compared to the DA Limited version.
01-27-2023, 08:53 AM   #25969
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I'd be interested in your thoughts on how it compared to the DA Limited version.
same here - it's a marvelous lens as a Pentax; I can't imagine it would be any less stellar in a Nikon - mount...

01-27-2023, 10:22 AM - 1 Like   #25970
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
same here - it's a marvelous lens as a Pentax; I can't imagine it would be any less stellar in a Nikon - mount...
Except the Tokina isn't going to have the Pentax coatings. years ago, I read complaints of both the Tokina 35/2.8 and 12-24 having significant flare issues.

Of course, flare can be a desirable part of a lens' character, too.
01-29-2023, 10:04 AM - 3 Likes   #25971
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

one Pentax 645 helicoid-adjustable extension tube...
01-29-2023, 11:26 AM - 5 Likes   #25972
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3 new acquisitions - 2 lenses and a new bike.
1. Pentax K 85mm f1.8. This may as well be welded to my KX.
2. Voigtlander 40mm f2 SL Ultron. Original version in K mount. Probably my all time favourite film lens. I now have copies in M42, Nikon F and K mount. I would love one in Canon FD, but they are so rare.
3. The bike is actually a new frame built up with a lot of parts I had in my shed. Merlin Road Classic frameset in Reynolds 525. Forks were a bit porky so swapped them out for carbon blades and ally steerer. Parts are old Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels, Brooks Swallow titanium railed saddle and a mix of Ultegra/105 and Microshift drive train. All reasonably light, comfy and very spritely.

01-29-2023, 01:22 PM - 5 Likes   #25973
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax nylon strap, vintage 1990's - my favorite style! - from a fellow PF member.

Chris
01-29-2023, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #25974
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
The only optical design difference I could find is that PF lists 9 elements in 8 groups, whereas ePhotozine lists 9 elements in 9 groups (I can’t find the original manufacturer’s specification and it isn’t listed among Tokina’s current macro lenses). Otherwise, it looks similar optically, although the body except the AF/MF switching is very different, so are they actually the same lens?

I did notice that the Tokina 100/2.8 macro has a very similar specification to the Pentax 100/2.8 WR.
01-29-2023, 09:52 PM - 8 Likes   #25975
Pentaxian

My latest significant acquisition is this baby beast of a wood lathe, and all the associated tools, for Christmas. There were also a number of books, kits, supplies, and a wonderful box of wood from my sister. I've been having fun getting it set up and into operation. First order of real business was making a couple of nice writing utensils to test out the operations. Still got things to improve, but these turned out pretty well.

Slimline Pen, laminated wood with wax/oil finish

Shop Pencil made in PurpleHeart
01-30-2023, 04:29 AM   #25976
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Do you have contact details for the seller of the mounts? I'd really like to get one with an iris, and the links I've tried always end up with someone working on a prototype that isn't ready for sale.
Will try.
I am in another country now, with another computer, so I don't have traces of the purchase... but I believe that in some way I might be able to connect you with the right person.
I need little time. If you don't hear from me, feel free to message me around mid April. By that time I should be back in Italy.

Cheers
Paolo
01-30-2023, 04:02 PM   #25977
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ski Jumper Quote
Last month I bought a minty A135 2.8 and, just because, a perfect A70-210 f4 for $33.
I also got both at the same time, back in 2014... and ended up keeping only the 70-210, as at 135mm I thought it was better than the prime, in pretty much all aspects... but I might have had a bad copy of the A 135 2.8, it was a bit soft (especially if any source of light was in the picture) and lacked contrast at f/2.8. Colors and rendering were nicer and more "alive" with the zoom, to my surprise. Let's see what you think...
01-30-2023, 06:55 PM   #25978
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Will try.
I am in another country now, with another computer, so I don't have traces of the purchase... but I believe that in some way I might be able to connect you with the right person.
I need little time. If you don't hear from me, feel free to message me around mid April. By that time I should be back in Italy.

Cheers
Paolo
Thanks - I've spotted someone in Germany selling them at £72 which is unfortunately a lot more than I can justify at present, so I've been trying to find an iris to fit inside the adapters (for M4/3 and E-mount) I already have - probably a microscope or video lens iris if I can find one that fits. They're metal adapters, not 3D printed, which will make modifying them harder.
01-31-2023, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #25979
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
My latest significant acquisition is this baby beast of a wood lathe, and all the associated tools, for Christmas. There were also a number of books, kits, supplies, and a wonderful box of wood from my sister. I've been having fun getting it set up and into operation. First order of real business was making a couple of nice writing utensils to test out the operations. Still got things to improve, but these turned out pretty well.

Slimline Pen, laminated wood with wax/oil finish

Shop Pencil made in PurpleHeart
Neat. But I have to admit that I started thinking of one of my favorite songs by the Byrds. For you young whippersnappers it's called Turn! Turn! Turn!. The lyrics are over 2500 years old. The word are from the book of Ecclesiastics.
01-31-2023, 10:26 PM - 7 Likes   #25980
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
There is a shop in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, Universal Repair. It was started in the early 1900s, the original proprietor repairing and maintaining Model T Fords. It eventually morphed into a shop that repaired shop tools and equipment, as there was considerable demand for those services. The original proprietor handed the business to his son, and today it is run by the grandson of the man who started the business. They still repair shop equipment, but the primary business is now repair and maintenance of airless spraying equipment used in construction of houses and commercial buildings.

I have a hydraulic floor jack that I bought new in the mid 1980s. The cylinder finally gave up last year, and I bought another, of similar vintage off of Craigslist for $50. Meanwhile I removed the cylinder from my old jack and took it to this place for repair. Shortly after getting my original jack repaired and back in service, the Craigslist find began acting up, so I removed it and took it to Capitol Hill the other day.

As I was chatting with the guy I noticed a pneumatic drill, a pneumatic screwdriver, and a pneumatic grinder/sander lying on the bench. I instantly recognized them as aerospace manufacturing tools, and asked about them. The guy said he has begin cleaning the shop out in preparation for retirement next year, and they had been lying around for a long time. I offered $100, and after a bit of back and forth he finally accepted the offer.

The Atlas Copco drill has a reduction gear (the black cylindrical barrel) that produces 1300 rpm, and is marked PROTOTYPE. These drills sell for $600 to $1000, depending on the options. It doesn't have a chuck, but I found one on eBay for about $15.

The Atlas Copco screwdriver is also quite expensive, but I'm not sure of precise costs. I see very used and abuse ones for $225. It should be set to torque fasteners, but I can't determine what it is set for. More research needed.

The grinder/sander is missing the ID tag, but looks like a Chicago Pneumatic brand. It also has a Boeing ID number, BCX518764. It is also missing a hub for attaching sanding or grinding discs, but I should be able to find something that will work. I would guess that new it would go for about $300.

All of these tools appear to have never been used. They have some chips in the finish from careless handling and storage, but never had an air coupler nipple installed. I have installed couplers in them all, and the all operate as expected.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 01-31-2023 at 10:34 PM.
« The Joke Thread | - »