Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2024, 12:57 AM   #27076
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
Zf Glamour
Very nice 👍
How's the viewfinder?
Are you planning to adapt some Pentax lenses to it?

02-12-2024, 06:03 AM - 3 Likes   #27077
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Yeah, that gets me going too. Some times the headline is MINT, hoping you won't read the small print.
I have seen some weird descriptions on MPB as well, hoping to disguise a generic separation problem with a lens where they say 'The internal optics have a small amount of moisture, but this doesn't affect functionality'. What is moisture? I have never seen such a description before.
Got to be wary everywhere except with the top local retailers.
I am a very, very conscientious seller. I don't appreciate sellers who use inaccurate or untruthful item descriptions. It is worth my not receiving the $85 this seller tried to bribe me with so that my comment and Neutral feedback stay on his ebay rating.
02-12-2024, 06:24 AM - 2 Likes   #27078
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Very nice ��
How's the viewfinder?
Are you planning to adapt some Pentax lenses to it?
Thank you.
Looks very good, less "digital" than the rest of my cameras with EVFs.
Of course, I ordered adapters for m42 and K mount.

Last edited by Mbaez; 02-12-2024 at 08:54 AM.
02-12-2024, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #27079
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
newly-arrived, Auto Rikenon 55mm f1.4:

compared to a Super-Takumar 55/1.8 on the right...

I had a Rikenon 55mm f1.4 for my pair of Rikoh XRM bodies. Beautifully made lens. Silky smooth focusing with just the right amount of resistance. But, I was disappointed with the IQ. Obviously not as good as the Takumar f1.4 I had on my original version of the Spotmatic.

02-12-2024, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #27080
Pentaxian

Zf Glamour

Canon G16

Very nice in blue though I think I'd have gone with the orange
02-12-2024, 09:15 AM   #27081
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Zf Glamour

Canon G16

Looks like a sweet camera. Dig the blue.
02-14-2024, 09:00 AM - 4 Likes   #27082
Pentaxian

Soligor C/D "P" lenses

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
one Soligor C/D 28mm f2 P
I have one. In M42 mount.
Good for its time, like all the other "C/D P" lenses I have tried.
If I remember correctly you also have the 35mm f/2. Isn't it? [EDIT: found it in a later post]
I would be happy to find the 55mm macro, which I believe could be the best of this line of Soligor/Tokina lenses. Unfortunately it seems to be rather uncommon... but you got oner, so there are a few of them out there.
I have recently used the 2.8/200mm with good results, and previously I used the 2/135mm for low light portraits. I found it quite good for this kind of use.
Both are among the best (third party) fast M42 teles of the mid seventies.
I believe I'm not fully objective with all the Soligor C/D P lenses, cause I'm influenced by their very good mechanical quality.
In the period these lenses were built there was a strong competition between Japanese optical brands and the containment of production costs brought many lens makers to introduce plastic parts, reduce cemented optical elements and opt for less than optimal build designs.
These C/D P lenses are almost as good as the Super (and Super-Multi-Coated) Takumars of the time.
My three "red P" lenses are all working as brand new. I'm wondering if your C/D P lenses are still so smooth and precise as mines.

---------- Post added 14-02-24 at 06:23 PM ----------

Once I made a perfectly working, spot-on infinity Sony FE adapter for my M39 Paxette lenses, I got badly tempted to try on digital a few more odd (and in some case rather primitive) lenses made for the same line of Braun Paxette cameras.
Unfortunately I found that the first version of the Super Paxette had a rangefinder coupled lens... but not interchangeable! So I have to gut the camera to try the Staeble Kata -E 2.8/45mm on my Sony. I thought the -E in the name meant interchangeable, but I was wrong: it means rangefinder coupled.
Fortunately the Paxette I just bought has interchangeable lenses. It comes with a beautiful Schneider Xenar 2.8/50mm and an Enna Tele-Ennalyt 3.5/135mm with a beautiful silver livery.
Given the focal and the optical design both lenses should work ok on the stacked sensor of the Sony A7II.
Wide angles with the rear element too close to the sensor can be more problematic...

Braun Paxette with Xenar 2.8/50mm & Tele-Ennalyt 3.5/135mm

Last edited by cyberjunkie; 02-14-2024 at 09:39 AM.
02-14-2024, 05:03 PM - 4 Likes   #27083
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lens cover for my 150-450 in a new olive green color. Outdoor Photography gear. 1st time I've ordered from them. It is not designed properly though. I had to leave a piece off and rearrange another. Essentially, their rear piece covers tripod collar and the rear of the lens. You then can not rotate the collar. Also the peice I have over the distance scale, is suppose to cover the switches. Which make no sense. There is no cut-out for the lock or limit switch. Just an FYI. I should of ordered a lens coat.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-N960U  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-N960U  Photo 

Last edited by Ski Jumper; 02-15-2024 at 07:37 AM.
02-17-2024, 04:10 AM - 1 Like   #27084
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A minty Sekonic Studio L 398 meter with all the slides, case, grid, cone etc for 97. I was the only bidder on Ebay. These are my favourite meters, but they can be delicate. So this is my second copy.
My trip to Whitby last weekend finally convinced me (really rough weather) that I needed a do it all WR zoom for either my X-T1 or K5. Not being impressed by the amount I would have to pay for a 18-135mm XF lens for occasional use, I snapped a Pentax 18-135mm up from Japan in nearly mint condition for 130. I can't say I am excited by the idea of a zoom, much preferring to indulge in primes, but even I concede that sometimes they are the right tool for the job.
02-17-2024, 02:12 PM - 3 Likes   #27085
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
A "Top Mint" FA 20-35/4. No Fungus..
YES FUNGUS. Seller offered me $85 off if I would change my rating from Neutral to Positive. Guess what, that isn't going to happen. Besides, the Seller has to send a request through eBay asking for a link to the feedback to be sent to the buyer.They didn't do that, just a message.
K-1

Anyhow, I tested the lens on my K-1 and it performed very well, and for the price, it isn't worth spending $40 to ship it back. I black light treated it for thirty hours. Less visibility of the fungus and it should be dead. Hope the seller learns something from my "Neutral" fedback
Here are some photos taken with the lens on my K-1 The gate photo is straight out of camera jpeg and was taken directly into the sun. The fungus will be a non-issue in all but extreme photos like this example. LOVE the colors. I made a dedicate lens hood from an $11 Amazon one that has a screw on ring, and the hood snaps onto it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-18-2024, 02:18 AM - 1 Like   #27086
Pentaxian

A Tamron 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD (same as the Pentax 70-210mm f/4) in EF mount, mainly for use adapted to my Lumix S5 but should also work fine on my EOS film cameras.
02-18-2024, 02:42 AM - 7 Likes   #27087
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Had the second cataract surgery, the right eye, on Valentine's Day. As with the left one last month, it is settling in, a little better each day. For the first time in about 25 years I can see just about everything without eyeglasses.

I feel naked without them.

Also, my original lenses had yellowed, and a warm cast similar to the golden hour. Now everything is bright, ultra white, the color of LED lighting (better than the green of fluorescent, eh?). I can see a range of ultraviolet now I couldn't before, black light. I have a black light in the knee hole of my desk, indirectly illuminating the space. Before the eye lens implants the area was dark when the room was dark or dimly lit, now the area is a pool of purple glow.
02-22-2024, 06:43 AM - 2 Likes   #27088
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought some cokin p filters etc lately but most pleased to snag a O-GPS2 Unit second hand for 99 ...Have wanted to get one for a while but don't see them very often ....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-A145R  Photo 
02-25-2024, 09:01 PM - 7 Likes   #27089
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My new to me Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art. It arrived in excellent condition and every came with a case that I wa not expecting. I did have to order a lens hood of B&H but for half of the price new, I am not complaining. It focuses perfectly on my K-3 MKIII and MKII.
K-1 with DFA* 50 1.4

Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art-5
by Michael, on Flickr

Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art-9
by Michael, on Flickr
It is definitely not a small lens. I find I prefer to use the battery grip on my K3 with it.

Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art-3
by Michael, on Flickr
K-1 with the Tamron 17-35 for the Single In Challenge.

Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art-2
by Michael, on Flickr
02-26-2024, 11:40 AM   #27090
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
My new to me Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art. It arrived in excellent condition and every came with a case that I wa not expecting. I did have to order a lens hood of B&H but for half of the price new, I am not complaining. It focuses perfectly on my K-3 MKIII and MKII.
K-1 with DFA* 50 1.4

Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art-5
by Michael, on Flickr

Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art-9
by Michael, on Flickr
It is definitely not a small lens. I find I prefer to use the battery grip on my K3 with it.

Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art-3
by Michael, on Flickr
K-1 with the Tamron 17-35 for the Single In Challenge.

Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Art-2
by Michael, on Flickr
Congratulation for this magnificent acquisition superb combination with the K3 Mark III
Enjoy man