Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #271

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
My latest toy... I gave myself the gift of calibration!!!

Now all my monitors look the same woohoo!

Pat
Yes, its good to Calibrate

09-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #272

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
Pentax SMC 10-17mm fish eye:

And a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod and ballhead....also some Hannemule paper.
Good shot, I also have this lens and enjoy what you are obviously enjoying, taking shots to exaggerate and distort. Keep clicking
09-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #273

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Remote F.

I seem to be using a tripod on occasion, and for the 800mm at least, I think not touching the camera may help.
Some excellent photography here, worth a look.
Tripods are a must at the best of times.
09-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #274
Veteran Member

For my D700.

Giving it a try against the 16-35/4 VR before I (maybe) sell them both and get a 14-24/2.8. :|

09-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #275
Veteran Member

I just got some of this from selling

K7, DX grip
DA 18-55 WR
DA 50-200WR
M 50 1:2
Bower 926P flash
Incase DSLR sling
O-ICK1
Rocket Blower
Adorama Mini Softbox
Dolica AX620B100 Tripod
Lowepro Lens Case 1N
4 Eneloops and Charger
and a few ins and outs

for--------------

$1300

how do you think I did? I thought I did pretty amazingly, I got the K7 only a month or two a go so I got it cheap, and I think I sold all that for only about 200-300 less than I bough it all for

also, can you help me choose what I can put in this thread next

edit: math says I sold it for 82 percent of what I bought it all for, and the gear was anywhere from 2 months (camera, lenses and flash) to 6 months (everything else)...did I do alright?

Last edited by future_retro; 09-09-2010 at 10:53 PM.
09-11-2010, 03:58 AM   #276
Veteran Member

I bought an M20 f/4 :O
09-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #277
Veteran Member

I broke the bank today, I had a few looming needs and wants that I took care of in one fell swoop

For the computer
  • Windows 7 Home Premium System Builders 64 bit
  • OSX Snow Leopard
  • A WD Scorpio Black 320GB 7,200 RPM drive to put it all in

For the Camcorder
  • Sony NP FV70 Battery (those things are way too expensive, ugh)
  • Lowepro Lens Case 2S
  • That's It, That's All snowboard movie (for inspiration)

For the Camera, or as the camera
  • Pentax Kx black with DAL 55-300mm
  • Eneloop Powerpack
  • 52 and 58mm Ebay lens hoods

for a total of......I don't even want to think about it, but I've completed my dream video set up and have as much still camera as I'll ever need

and shockingly I still have some spending money left

Last edited by future_retro; 09-11-2010 at 05:58 PM.
09-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #278
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by future_retro Quote
I broke the bank today, I had a few looming needs and wants that I took care of in one fell swoop

For the computer
  • Windows 7 Home Premium System Builders 64 bit
  • OSX Snow Leopard
  • A WD Scorpio Black 320GB 7,200 RPM drive to put it all in

For the Camcorder
  • Sony NP FV70 Battery (those things are way too expensive, ugh)
  • Lowepro Lens Case 2S
  • That's It, That's All snowboard movie (for inspiration)

For the Camera, or as the camera
  • Pentax Kx black with DAL 55-300mm
  • Eneloop Powerpack
  • 52 and 58mm Ebay lens hoods

for a total of......I don't even want to think about it, but I've completed my dream video set up and have as much still camera as I'll ever need

and shockingly I still have some spending money left
Suuuuuuuuuure you have.....

09-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #279
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Suuuuuuuuuure you have.....

You got me

I just watched that snowboard video I got and am now looking at the cost to add another camera because of the incredible multi-angle cinematography blew my mind to smithereens, I need to do that

Looks like a Kodak Playsport will be on this list in the near future
09-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #280
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't know much about Meyer lenses. I can't comment there except to wish you luck with it but that lens case is absolutely beautiful. I've got a real thing about old leather lens cases and that one is just SWEET. I like it.

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Just received this beautiful Meyer Optik Telemegor 180mm/5.5 preset. It has 16 blades. Few test boked shots below, all wide open no PP. Just converted from RAW. And a portrait. Looks like this lens will be added to my portrait lenses list...
09-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #281
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by future_retro Quote
You got me

I just watched that snowboard video I got and am now looking at the cost to add another camera because of the incredible multi-angle cinematography blew my mind to smithereens, I need to do that

Looks like a Kodak Playsport will be on this list in the near future
When it comes to Digital video production, I've heard the I'm done statements before. My father use to do video and by the time he was 'done' (he passed away) he'd easily spent $100k on the cameras, the editing equipment, etc. I'm talking about full sized production cameras, not some little flip screen model you toss in a small bag and go. The editing software and appliances cost nearly $10k and that didn't include the Mac and Raids to drive it all. Then of course, the Nikon F5 and lenses (for the stills) cost a small fortune. That was before the age of dSLRs and the F5 was Nikon's latest and greatest. It's a never ending vicious cycle. Just like Our cameras. You've just picked up a different aspect of it is all. So get ready to Really empty your wallet .

09-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #282
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
When it comes to Digital video production, I've heard the I'm done statements before. My father use to do video and by the time he was 'done' (he passed away) he'd easily spent $100k on the cameras, the editing equipment, etc. I'm talking about full sized production cameras, not some little flip screen model you toss in a small bag and go. The editing software and appliances cost nearly $10k and that didn't include the Mac and Raids to drive it all. Then of course, the Nikon F5 and lenses (for the stills) cost a small fortune. That was before the age of dSLRs and the F5 was Nikon's latest and greatest. It's a never ending vicious cycle. Just like Our cameras. You've just picked up a different aspect of it is all. So get ready to Really empty your wallet .

Well I'm trying to keep it real small scale, one camera man, one editor, one man crew front to back (not only because of cost, but because I can't guarantee my friends will want to handle gear while they board), getting just enough to produce something good and have gear that can handle it, there was a lot of money on the editing side I didn't want to spend (2TB firewire, new internal drive, and then FCE), but I've still bypassed a lot of the pro stuff like steadycams, pro tripods, linear recording formats like HDV, pro lighting, stereo mics, xlr

I'm trying to keep it cheap enough while not sparing any essentials, the extra camera want is quickly fading more and more as the high of the video is wearing off
09-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #283

Here's my latest EBay toy:

09-12-2010, 05:16 PM - 1 Like   #284
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Woo Hoo, Excellent! I applaud anyone getting a 120 camera, and a Mamiya C330- Bravo!! Hope you get loads of enjoyment and excellent pics with it.

My haul from today's camera show: a bunch of magazines (I'll post the Pentax ads), a cable release for $1, and a Nikkor Ai 105/2.5, carrying a rep of one of the best 105's ever... I'll use it with the FE I have, but of course had to mount it upside down on my K100D:

09-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #285
Forum Member

My latest addition to my film camera collection, and probably my last for a while.