Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #3181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I went to Goodwill locally this morning. I picked up a July 4th Beanie Bear, Liberty is it's name and a Silver Tabby Cat Beanie for about .50 each. No camera gear. All they had was a no name Olympus 75-200 zoom marked way too high. But get this I snagged a blue leather executive chair. Very nice I thought for $20 and very badly needed as I've been making do with an old wood dining chair since my fabric one finally wore out. My back has been killing me. Hand written label on the bottom with the model # and the company. It's rather an unusual blue leather, with what looks like solid brass studs, good solid chair with a wood bottom, heavy metal ball legs. I figured it was probably a $350 chair? Nope. It's a $1200 Italian leather limited edition office chair. Now THAT's a score...

07-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #3182
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I went to Goodwill locally this morning. I picked up a July 4th Beanie Bear, Liberty is it's name and a Silver Tabby Cat Beanie for about .50 each. No camera gear. All they had was a no name Olympus 75-200 zoom marked way too high. But get this I snagged a blue leather executive chair. Very nice I thought for $20 and very badly needed as I've been making do with an old wood dining chair since my fabric one finally wore out. My back has been killing me. Hand written label on the bottom with the model # and the company. It's rather an unusual blue leather, with what looks like solid brass studs, good solid chair with a wood bottom, heavy metal ball legs. I figured it was probably a $350 chair? Nope. It's a $1200 Italian leather limited edition office chair. Now THAT's a score...
A good chair is a wonderful thing. Congratulations, I hope it's comfortable.
07-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #3183

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
FA31 to complete my FA Limited holy trinity
Wow, nice Wish I had those also one day

During the last few months I have gotten K-5, DA* 16-50/2.8, Sigma 50-150/2.8 II EX DC HSM and Sigma 10/2.8 HSM Fisheye. I'm hooked on the silent focusing lenses
07-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #3184
Pentaxian

I got an ME Super on ebay to replace the one I returned from a photographic dealer that was in much worse condition than they had stated. The new one needs new seals and bumper, despite the seller assuring me they were fine, and was shipped in some bubble-wrap and a lightly padded envelope (no box!).

07-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #3185
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
A good chair is a wonderful thing. Congratulations, I hope it's comfortable.
I had to laugh. I told my Dad what it cost originally and he was like "Sell it. Get a crappy chair. Make some money!" I just looked at him and shook my head. No way. I mean when in my lifetime again am I ever going to sit my arse down in a $1200 chair? I feel like a Princess sitting in this thing! Yeah, this chair is built right. It's worth 10 crappy chairs and will probably outlive me. It is truly COMFY besides. Minor miracle, my back doesn't hurt after sitting in it. I've got no sciatica thing going on and I sat in this chair for like 6 hours working. The only bad thing about this chair is the bottom is so solid that I have to be very careful about watching where my feet are around it and actually wear slippers. It was 5 minutes in the door and I nearly broke three toes on it!

I don't like wearing shoes all the time. I tend to toss my shoes the moment I come inside and don't wear them again till I have to go out. The only reason I wear them outside is because the ground is usually too hot to stand on and we have tons of biting and stinging bugs. I'm a total hick when it comes to that. As a kid you couldn't get me to put them on except for school or work, and even then I'd slide my feet out of them under a desk or behind a counter if I could get away with it, laugh. I don't care if it's bad manners to let people see my feet all the time. I don't wear shoes inside, period. But with this chair around I'm keeping my slippers handy. If I don't wear them around this thing I'm going to end up breaking every toe I've got!

Majorly worth the $$$$ though, grin.
07-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #3186
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a professional quality HON office chair at a used furniture store.
They had a bunch from a local TV station that had apparently redecorated.
I could have bought a similar lightweight (i.e. more plastic) model brand new
at Staples for the same money. I worried I might have overpaid. I did not.
Though I sat in it for hours a day at my computer it lasted over ten years.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 07-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.
07-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #3187
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I got an ME Super on ebay to replace the one I returned from a photographic dealer that was in much worse condition than they had stated. The new one needs new seals and bumper, despite the seller assuring me they were fine, and was shipped in some bubble-wrap and a lightly padded envelope (no box!).
One lens arrived to me in a thin cardboard envelope with plastic shopping bags for padding. No joke. Can't remember where the pictures are off hand.

Somehow, it was undamaged.

Then again, one could stick a label straight on an ME Super and put it in the mail and it would be OK

07-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #3188
Pentaxian

I bought one of these - cool and versatile! I can plug it into phone, pod or computer and listen, or stick a microSD in and let it play. No way to control just what it plays though.. minimal controls, but it sounds pretty good!

The Sound Cube - Loud Portable Mini Speakers for Music on the go!
07-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #3189
Veteran Member

Pentax and Yashica right angle finders, a clean Zenit with an 8 bladed Helios 44M, and a case for my phone - more camera show tidbits.
07-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #3190
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I grew up barefoot, too, and am barefoot right now. Shoes are uncomfortable. I'm with you MagK
07-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #3191
Veteran Member

I totally killed the CC today buying a trio of 16" Madame Alexander dolls for just under $100. Not that bad of me actually. They were originally $150 each retail. These girls are high end adult Barbies pretty much. So paying less than $30 a pop was highway robbery. I can sell their clothes for what I got them for, more even, so it was a no brainer even if my CC balance isn't looking too pretty right now. I get 3 new dolls. I get the fun of making new clothes for them and selling their original clothes pays back off the little dent in my CC balance. It's all good.

It pays to get up on Sunday at the crack of dawn to visit the local discount stores after they do the big inventory, grin. Those 3 have been sitting there since a month after they opened, like 18 months ago. I bought two of these the last time they had a big markdown sale but left those 3 because I was being good. A year later almost they were still there and this sale I finally snagged them. These dolls they just don't sell here. Doll people in my area just don't go there, I guess. There are plenty of places online to sell stuff though so I can take advantage of a lack of interest here once in a while and turn it to my advantage.

I'm working on their hair as I type. I restyled them. Waiting on their hair to dry then tomorrow I am going to dress them and photograph them for the doll boards I am on so everybody can see the pretty new toys I got! Likely they'll pay for themselves by the end of the week though. The clothes are gorgeous and will go quick.
07-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #3192
Veteran Member

won an m42 isco gottingen 100mm f4.5 to use as my 100mm in my m42 setup until i win a tak at a price i want to pay. this was at the high end of wht i wanted to pay just 0.50 below my max bid (37.50), though i imagine rico has one and paid 15 including shipping lol
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #3193
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
won an m42 isco gottingen 100mm f4.5 to use as my 100mm in my m42 setup until i win a tak at a price i want to pay. this was at the high end of wht i wanted to pay just 0.50 below my max bid (37.50), though i imagine rico has one and paid 15 including shipping lol
Congratulations. Maybe Rico has 2 and will part with one, for a price
07-09-2012, 05:03 AM   #3194
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Congratulations. Maybe Rico has 2 and will part with one, for a price
Won another lens overnight super tak 200 f4.0. my m42 collection is nearing completion (need a 24 and an 85 ideally, and of course a tak 100-105. It is complete enough now to sell off my remaining m/k mount though. shipping has been the killer more than the lens in some cases
07-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #3195
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Won another lens overnight super tak 200 f4.0. my m42 collection is nearing completion (need a 24 and an 85 ideally, and of course a tak 100-105. It is complete enough now to sell off my remaining m/k mount though. shipping has been the killer more than the lens in some cases
Bid low - bid often! Congratulations again.