Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #3556
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by A M Johnson Quote
Thank you for the links. I have so much to learn.
Don't we all. I still check out the reviews by other Pentax users on a regular basis, even after 2 years of reading them.

Enjoy your new lens.

09-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #3557
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think i finally will be able to carry what i need to shoot and not get and shoulder or neck pain after a full day shooting...."hopefully"

09-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #3558
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
This came for me today

Its one hell of an amazing unit!
Nice looking flash, but it's the camera (I assume it is, otherwise ignor me) in the background that caught my eye, looks awesome.
09-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #3559
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Nice looking flash, but it's the camera (I assume it is, otherwise ignor me) in the background that caught my eye, looks awesome.
Looks like a speed graphic with flash mounted to me.

09-25-2012, 03:34 AM   #3560
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Nice looking flash, but it's the camera (I assume it is, otherwise ignor me) in the background that caught my eye, looks awesome
Good spotting

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Looks like a speed graphic with flash mounted to me.
Yep, its a speed graphic clock.
09-25-2012, 05:52 AM   #3561
Pentaxian

Finally received the Novoflex Pentax mount adapter and shoulder stock for the 600mm Noflexar.
Took longer to come fom Sydney than it did to go from Germany to Sydney... The pain of waiting...

Quick play today but nothing worth posting yet - it will need some getting used to. Here is a pic of the kit on my MG (or otherway round) just to be showing how it works. Remote shutter button on the left fore finger on front hand grip, vari focus on rear grip. Solid polycarbonate and metal build on the adapter and grip as can be expected from Novoflex. But it costs.

09-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #3562
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Finally received the Novoflex Pentax mount adapter and shoulder stock for the 600mm Noflexar.
Took longer to come fom Sydney than it did to go from Germany to Sydney... The pain of waiting...

Quick play today but nothing worth posting yet - it will need some getting used to. Here is a pic of the kit on my MG (or otherway round) just to be showing how it works. Remote shutter button on the left fore finger on front hand grip, vari focus on rear grip. Solid polycarbonate and metal build on the adapter and grip as can be expected from Novoflex. But it costs.
And in what remote part of what country will you take that out into the open air? Anywhere with a conscious constabulary and you'll be spread and cuffed quicker than you can say "I'm a Photographer!"
09-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #3563
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Anywhere with a conscious constabulary
In this small community there is only one police station and I was planning on visiting to declare the item before I get reported by a concerned mamber of the public - I do some of their ID photography for them so I am a 'known person' as opposed to a person of interest .

09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #3564
Veteran Member

In this small community there is only one police station and I was planning on visiting to declare the item before I get reported by a concerned mamber of the public - I do some of their ID photography for them so I am a 'known person' as opposed to a person of interest .
Now that's just plain unfair If I showed up with that thing in my community I'd be in the clink faster than you can say National Security. Ah well......glad to hear it won't pose too much a problem for you. I look forward to hearing about how it works for you too.
09-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #3565
Inactive Account

Holy Smokes! I can hear Madeline Kahn saying "My what a big lens you have!"
09-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #3566
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Film time!

Yummmm.... 10 rolls of 35mm Kentmere 36exp ASA 100 BW and 10 rolls of 35mm Kentmere 36exp ASA 400 BW from Adorama for $2.90 each plus shipping. Into the refridgerator with them!

A week ago I paid, out of desperation, $16.00 for one cassette of Tri-X and one of ASA 125 Ilford at a prominent B & M store, which shall remain nameless. Nice folks there, though, and at least there is a source nearby!

I'll have to inspect my bulk loader and consider rolling my own as I did in the dim, dark, past.
09-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #3567
Veteran Member

I picked this Rollieflex and Planar lens up in a charity shop last week, I think I'm in love.......

09-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #3568
Veteran Member

I just scored a 200mm f/3.5 prime. It looks to be a cousin to my Sears lenses, and I've never even heard of the company (Owen) but for $15 I won't cry if it doesn't work.
09-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #3569
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sounds like it's worth a try at the very least. Back when Modern Photography was in its prime, lenses were produced by third party manufacturers and branded to the store ID. Examples are Kit Star, Sears.
09-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #3570
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Sounds like it's worth a try at the very least. Back when Modern Photography was in its prime, lenses were produced by third party manufacturers and branded to the store ID. Examples are Kit Star, Sears.
I know the Sears lenses very well - I own 10 of them. The Owen was just so stupid cheap I couldn't not make a stab at it.

I tried looking for a possible source for the name, and I found two - there is (or was) a British department store called Owen Owen, and there was a bottling company called Owen who apparently was in the glass bottle business. It's a stretch, but I could see them descending into lens making before fading away.