Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #3736
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
You didn't say whether its the 2.5 or the 2.8 but neither is as well rated as the M135/3.5 and neither has SMC, which the M model does. You might want to do a head-to-head comparison of the M135 and the Tak135.
I just had to go look it up on my kit list. I honestly couldn't remember. Takumar Bayonet 1.2.5 135mm. It's not a bad lens, better than it's rep I think, but I don't use it a whole lot because I have a 105 Tak/M42 and a 100MM Viv. I also have two Sears-Ricoh 135mm's which perform about the same and one of those does have multi-coating. I will check the lenses out before I list them, of course, but I'm probably not going to keep the Pentax-M lenses just because I have that range so well covered. I want that Viv though and from the review I just read it looks like it's a good one.

11-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #3737

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought my first serious tripod yesterday:
FOTOPRO C5I TRIPOD/MONOPOD COMBO ORANGE C5I/ORANGE
It really is much more serious than my $13 joke of a tripod I had been using.
11-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #3738
Veteran Member

Hey according to some of you guys I think I did REAL good on that Viv. If I am not mistaken this is the K2 version, grin...It says Vivitar MC Close Focus Wide Angle SMS 28mm 1:2.8, and if I am reading the comments in this thread correctly it's the best???? Sweet, but let's hope it actually arrives in good shape. My luck with 28MM's usually sucks so keep your fingers cross for me, sigh...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/34654-vivitar-...acement-2.html
11-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #3739
Veteran Member

Neat thread! It's fun to read about other people's successes in getting good deals.

I'll share my two latest acquisitions from the past 1.5 weeks.

- I got a Mountainsmith Descent AT Camera Bag for $45 (with tax it was $50.40). It was on sale at some small camera store that was kind of hidden away in a small mall downtown. This is a camera bag that you wear kind of like a reverse backpack that sits on your chest. It's perfect for outdoor activities like cycling, hiking, and snowshoeing. I was dead set on getting the Lowepro version of this type of bag for myself for Christmas, but that was around $90. This bag functions just as well (maybe better!) so I was pleased to find it.

- Browsing the local Craigslist listings during a slow period at work, I saw someone listed a Pentax F 50 1.7 for $80. They listed their phone number, so I called it, half expecting the lens to already be spoken for since the posting had already been up for an hour or so. It turns out it was still available, so I said I'll come by and check it out after work. The person was over an hour away in the suburbs, and getting to him was going to be a pain since after work is rush hour, and I would be going with the masses of people trying to leave the big city. I did make it out to him (a couple of wrong turns, but nothing too serious) at the coffee shop we agreed upon. He told me that all day people had been calling him, asking him if the lens was still available, offering to rush over to where he was to nab the lens. He declined them all and said the lens had been spoken for, and patiently waited for me to show up (I assume he kept the listing up in case I failed to show up). I examined the lens. Pristine! Optically and mechanically, this thing was a beauty. I asked him why the quick sale, and he said he was browsing in a second-hand store and saw the lens, so he picked it up for $30. He shoots Sony, so he wanted to just flip it for some quick cash. After a mechanical examination, and a few test shots where we marveled at the creaminess coming out of the lens, I gave him the money, he gave me the lens, we said thanks to each other, shook hands, and parted ways.

11-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #3740
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
Neat thread! It's fun to read about other people's successes in getting good deals.

I'll share my two latest acquisitions from the past 1.5 weeks.

- I got a Mountainsmith Descent AT Camera Bag for $45 (with tax it was $50.40). It was on sale at some small camera store that was kind of hidden away in a small mall downtown. This is a camera bag that you wear kind of like a reverse backpack that sits on your chest. It's perfect for outdoor activities like cycling, hiking, and snowshoeing. I was dead set on getting the Lowepro version of this type of bag for myself for Christmas, but that was around $90. This bag functions just as well (maybe better!) so I was pleased to find it.

- Browsing the local Craigslist listings during a slow period at work, I saw someone listed a Pentax F 50 1.7 for $80. They listed their phone number, so I called it, half expecting the lens to already be spoken for since the posting had already been up for an hour or so. It turns out it was still available, so I said I'll come by and check it out after work. The person was over an hour away in the suburbs, and getting to him was going to be a pain since after work is rush hour, and I would be going with the masses of people trying to leave the big city. I did make it out to him (a couple of wrong turns, but nothing too serious) at the coffee shop we agreed upon. He told me that all day people had been calling him, asking him if the lens was still available, offering to rush over to where he was to nab the lens. He declined them all and said the lens had been spoken for, and patiently waited for me to show up (I assume he kept the listing up in case I failed to show up). I examined the lens. Pristine! Optically and mechanically, this thing was a beauty. I asked him why the quick sale, and he said he was browsing in a second-hand store and saw the lens, so he picked it up for $30. He shoots Sony, so he wanted to just flip it for some quick cash. After a mechanical examination, and a few test shots where we marveled at the creaminess coming out of the lens, I gave him the money, he gave me the lens, we said thanks to each other, shook hands, and parted ways.
Nice finds, the 50 is a great lens. Welcome to the thread.
11-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #3741
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
nice score here !

in the "cheapo deal" i just scored a Twin Lens Reflex and a good one ! A Yashica Mat LM (LM stand for Light Meter ) for ... [drums !] 60€ (77$) (shipping inc) !

Usually they go for 120 to 300€ depending on the model / use.

Mine is almost pristine if i trust the pictures

Now i have to wait for a week to arrive
11-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #3742
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
nice score here !

in the "cheapo deal" i just scored a Twin Lens Reflex and a good one ! A Yashica Mat LM (LM stand for Light Meter ) for ... [drums !] 60€ (77$) (shipping inc) !

Usually they go for 120 to 300€ depending on the model / use.

Mine is almost pristine if i trust the pictures

Now i have to wait for a week to arrive
Lucky!

11-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #3743
Veteran Member

I was looking for additional dividers online and really not finding any except for an outrageous
[V-Series] Dividers & Pack Modules | Kinesis Photo Gear

I know I'm late to the party but in the future these may come in handy.
11-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #3744
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
[V-Series] Dividers & Pack Modules | Kinesis Photo Gear

I know I'm late to the party but in the future these may come in handy.
Thanks. I got the cases with dividers for less but in the future without Black Friday sales those might be cheaper than the alternatives.
11-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #3745
Veteran Member

Took advantage of the good deals on SanDisk cards over the weekend. Mine arrived today and I had forgotten that they came with a free SD-USB card reader each. Funny thing, I just don't know whey these card readers didn't sell??? They're so nice....
Attached Images

11-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #3746
Pentaxian

Took advantage of the good deals on SanDisk cards over the weekend. Mine arrived today and I had forgotten that they came with a free SD-USB card reader each. Funny thing, I just don't know whey these card readers didn't sell??? They're so nice....
I wish I had one that colour, I'd never lose it.
11-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #3747
Veteran Member

Well I had these two open bays on my Probox just sitting there you see, empty. One of the 1.5TB drives sent me an email saying it was 98% full, I love getting email from my technology. Black Friday and Cyber Monday were coming and I hadn't bought a hard drive in a while. Well, you know how it is. Never enough storage space, what with redudant backups and new photographs and whatnot. So, there I was minding my own business at 12:01 on Black Friday and somehow I ended up at the flash, invitation only, Newegg sale on one of my screens. There were these 3TB Seagate drives, not enterprise level but pretty nice specs and reviews, that normally go for around $189 that were sitting there all unpurchased and stuff for $69 each. Well, they seem to be very happy now that they have homes in bays 3 & 4 of my Probox. Just slid right in, diskmanagemented and all with drive letters and names. They have homes. But now my Probox is full........although 3 of the 4 disk drives are not
11-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #3748
Veteran Member

What a nice ending to a great story!

Now for the next chapter of the lonely Probox who needs a companion.....
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #3749
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
What a nice ending to a great story!

Now for the next chapter of the lonely Probox who needs a companion.....
We were thinking of a taller companion. Perhaps an 8 bay Probox? That would be 24TB's of capacity when full for the new one and 9TB in the current one.
11-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #3750
Veteran Member

Olympus E-PL1 refurb for $119 but had a $40 amazon gift card so out of pocket $79
Olympus 14-42 IIr Lens $100
Fujian 25mm & 35mm C-Mount Lenses $50 but had another $40 gift card so out of pocket $10
Pentax K to m4/3 adapter $25

I am really enjoying the smaller size body and the Fujian lenses... Going manual is awesome!