Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Small combo

I've had the K-x since January, but the 40mm Ltd is new and so is the fanny pack. I bought the belt pack specifically to carry this combo. The DA 40 is a beauty; tiny but solid, sharp from wide open, great contrast and the waist pack is very unobtrusive. I've wanted a pancake lens since before I bought my first DSLR and it's extra nice to have this small body to mount it on.

Last edited by audiobomber; 04-28-2010 at 03:39 AM.
04-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A k-7 :d:d
04-27-2010, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #33
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote

I've had the K-x since January, but the 40mm Ltd is new and so is the fanny pack. I bought the belt pack specifically to carry this combo. The DA 40 is a beauty; tiny but solid, sharp from wide open, great contrast and the waist pack is I've wanted a pancake lens since before I bought my first DSLR and it's extra nice to have this small body to mount it on.

beautiful, and your photo makes me want a DA 40. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to gordy and his straps. do yourself a favor and replace that pentax grey one with one of his. you wont regret it. it would go great with your K-x. I have one on my K-7 (among several others)

gordy's camera straps
04-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

My latest is a 1933 Zeiss Ikon Ikomat 520. The photo is with my latest Pentax lens, the Macro-Takumar 50/4 preset.
That sure looks to be in great shape Nesster. I have my fathers (which I think was my grandfathers). It must be around the same vintage as yours but it is well worn. It has a 5cm f 3.5 Novar-Anastigmat lens on it and goes up to 1/300 for the shutter speed. It's funny how the lens was listed in cm and not mm.

I can still remember dad pulling it out of his pocket to take pictures of us kids during summer vacations. I have some b&w film ready and plan on doing the same with it this this summer with my kids. It has probably been 30 years since it has been used but it seems to fire just fine and the leather bellows look to be in great shape.

Anyways, yours sure looks good.

Steve

04-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #35

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
I've got that same Pentax cleaning cloth, and I must say, it is by far the best one I have ever used. I had never tried one like it before, and I only bought it because it was Pentax brand and I like to support them in any way possible, but it really is great.
Good to know!

I have a Nikon microfiber cloth, and I don't like it very much. Figured I might as well get a Pentax one to replace it. Why not, right?
04-28-2010, 04:05 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Perfect!

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to gordy and his straps.
I've been using the grey wrist strap because I hadn't found anything better. You pointed to exactly what I need; a leather wrist strap with a split-ring attachment. The Pentax lug is rather sharp, in fact it cut the first wrist strap I tried. Fortunately the camera didn't fall. A metal ring will resolve that issue. The colour selection is ideal. Gordy's O-ring is a great feature too. I hate that most wrist straps constantly slide off. Thanks Séamuis, much appreciated.

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
your photo makes me want a DA 40.
It is as I was told; tiny, sharp from wide open and great contrast. The FA 50mm is a small lens but once you put a hood on it, as I always do, the size difference is very evident. I'm intending to carry the K-x/DA40/fanny pack everywhere. I'll miss some shots because of the fixed focal length, but not because I don't have a camera.

PS I just gave you an attaboy for the Gordy tip.

Last edited by audiobomber; 04-28-2010 at 05:25 AM.
04-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Had to get the original to go with the digital.

04-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #38
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Jeff - course it's a joke - to expand your waistline! Sorry if you though otherwise. Fell free to call in for a whisky, or tea, or juice any time.
Nah, Didn't think otherwise but you never know. The waistline isn't the problem. Need implants to keep the pants from sliding down.

I'm still interested in what you think of your new toy though. It looks like it could be used on a camera bag strap as well. I'm tending to get away from using a neck strap in favor of a wrist strap. Works great for me but it can get tiring carrying the camera in one hand and the bag in another. Especially when I want quick access to the camera.

The REAL question I would have though, is the Quick release a proprietary gig or is it a copy (or other) of something that's already in use from other manufacturers?

04-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I'm still interested in what you think of your new toy though. It looks like it could be used on a camera bag strap as well. I'm tending to get away from using a neck strap in favor of a wrist strap. Works great for me but it can get tiring carrying the camera in one hand and the bag in another. Especially when I want quick access to the camera.

The REAL question I would have though, is the Quick release a proprietary gig or is it a copy (or other) of something that's already in use from other manufacturers?

I intend doing a write up about it once I've used it for a while. Though I think a two-camera person would find it more useful than me. The plate that attaches to the camera/lens also fits my Manfrotto 234RC head, it may fit other systems, I don't know. Walking around the house with the K-7 and 18-55 attached it feels pretty comfy, but like I say, i intend to try it out properly first.
04-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #40
Ari
Veteran Member

K7, grip, spare battery and remote (I lost my last remote at a photoshoot at a restaurant. I think it just blended in with the dark dining room tables ). Going to find a Dremel and bolt a lanyard on to the new remote!!!!!!
04-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #41
Veteran Member

The last 3 goodies in my camera bag are a DBG3 grip for my K200D, a Tamron 90mm SP Di lens and a Pentax F remote.

All 3 are doing overtime at the moment, but I think the Tamron 90mm is my favourite

The next toy is likely to be a Pentax 55-300mm - but that may have to wait until the dept of finance grants approval again...... - although I may be able to pick up a Tamron 200-500 f5.6 SP Adaptall-2 if I play my cards right.......

Cheers
04-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #42
Veteran Member

My latest toy... I gave myself the gift of calibration!!!

Now all my monitors look the same woohoo!

Pat
04-29-2010, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #43

Original Poster
Raynox 150
Name:  292476.jpg
Views: 1876
Size:  11.3 KB

S100-200 lens case since it was only $16
Name:  594338.jpg
Views: 1943
Size:  44.4 KB
04-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Well, after getting annoyed at Premiere and After Effects last night, I added another 4 gigs of RAM to my machine this afternoon and what a difference running 8 gigs makes!

Pat
04-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #45

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Perrumpo Quote
Raynox 150
Attachment 60876

S100-200 lens case since it was only $16
Attachment 60877
Well, it sure does pay to be near NY. Orders from B&H get here overnight!