Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #5971
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Capture Lights Quote
found an pentax-m 35mm f2, and picked it up in a heartbeat..
My "normal" lens on my Pentax film SLRs. I use it for 75%+ of my photos.

Chris

10-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #5972
Veteran Member

I recently acquired a very nice CPC 28mm Macro lens.

A very clean copy of a well made lens. Preliminary test shots look quite promising although it doesn't seem as sharp as my Sears 28mm Macro.
Also added a nice Quantaray 70-300mm, f:4, 1:2 Macro to the herd. I like the macro ratio of this lens.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

Last edited by Dewman; 03-25-2015 at 04:35 PM.
10-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #5973
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
Maybe old Burrhus can help you:
Show that to my wife and I will seek you out and expel noxious stimuli in your general direction.

Anyway, de-hijacking the thread, we have FA31 liftoff.
10-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #5974
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Show that to my wife and I will seek you out and expel noxious stimuli in your general direction.

Anyway, de-hijacking the thread, we have FA31 liftoff.
Images please ... It does NOT exist unless there's an image (here) ...

10-24-2014, 04:18 AM   #5975
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
30" Apple Cinema Display

Another good find on Shopgoodwill.com, purchased a 30" Apple Cinema Display labeled as "not working" 10 days ago for the "listed" price + $36 shipping, the monitor arrived yesterday. Apart from some scuffs and residue around the trim it's in very good condition. As a bonus its a 2006 production (said to have less QC issues) This is the second monitor I've bought from Goodwill (the first one was a NEC Multisync 26" ) and both times the gamble has paid off.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
10-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #5976

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Superb lens. I often use use mine on digital and on my Pentax film bodies I very rarely use any other wide angle any more.
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
My "normal" lens on my Pentax film SLRs. I use it for 75%+ of my photos.

Chris
This lens is gorgeous! here's a picture i took with it two days ago. sorry for the bad resolution, i'm away from my home computer.
Attached Images

10-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #5977
Inactive Account

I have my first digital Pentax. The K200D. Only the body. I have few manual lenses from the analog camera's.
So I am going to investigate what a nice AF lens will be ans until then shoot manual!
10-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #5978
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

crap iPhone shot but here is the new Fuji kit

left to right on top of boxes 556 1.2, 23 1.4, XE body, 35 1.4, 18 2.0

Totally re-inspired my photography passion after a couple of days. such a natural extension of yourself with aperture speed and ev value rings where they shold be just like a classic

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2014 at 11:27 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
Another good find on Shopgoodwill.com, purchased a 30" Apple Cinema Display labeled as "not working" 10 days ago for the "listed" price + $36 shipping, the monitor arrived yesterday. Apart from some scuffs and residue around the trim it's in very good condition. As a bonus its a 2006 production (said to have less QC issues) This is the second monitor I've bought from Goodwill (the first one was a NEC Multisync 26" ) and both times the gamble has paid off.
Wow total Score

10-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #5979
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some Gorgeous Silver....

Not photo stuff, but I just had to share this. Since I make about 95% of my own jewelry and sell at crafts fairs and the like I don't often buy other pieces except for a rare piece of sterling now and again. Usually it's a ring because I am a total ring freak and I can't make those, yet. I'm working on that. There's a local studio here that teaches silver work and lamp work. I'm saving up for taking their classes. I've been wrapping stones and working with stone and beads for years but I want to learn to make pieces like this and to make my own glass beads.

Guys, if you're looking for a lovely holiday gift for someone who likes unique and beautiful sterling jewelry then look no further. Ana Silver (They're on Amazon, Ebay and have their own site at anasilverco.com.) makes some of the most gorgeous and unique pieces I've ever seen and they are so affordable it's utterly ridiculous. They sell at basically wholesale prices. They do use some of the same settings, but because they work with a lot of natural stones every piece is different. These are the actual pieces I bought. With Ana you get to see each piece you buy and select it.

Right now they have this sale on Amazon going on where if you buy 3 pieces you get a 4th free. That was just too tempting, lol, so I asked my Dad if instead of him getting me an upscale collector's doll this year I could order a few pieces. He said. "Sure, go pick out what you want but don't spent a d- fortune." I picked out 4 pieces and it only came to like $65. I showed him and he said "It's that cheap? Go buy 4 more if you can do it for that. Just don't go over like $150." Needless to say I was happy to hear him say that so I went back and got 4 more! For the record it was a hard pick. I was sitting there for literally hours trying to decide which 8 pieces to get. They have so many fabulous pieces and they use such interesting stones that I had a very hard time picking just 8. I could have easily and gladly bought twice many pieces that if I'd gotten everything I liked that was in my size.

I'm pretty up on my minerals. I used to manage a shop where we sold a lot of different rocks and crystals. Because of the type of shop and our client base I had to know everything we sold, what each stone was, plus the supposed metaphysical meanings thereof. I've always liked earth science and rock hunting, doing the beading thing, so I've done a lot of study on this subject, plus I learned a lot working there. There are actually stones that they use that I had to look up because I've never seen them before and they're not in my crystal bibles.

They have some beautiful labradorite/spectralite and opal pieces which thrilled me because that's a type of stone I just love. I have quite a few pieces of polished labradorite and labradorite beads that I've made necklaces and pendants out of and one smaller ring. I really like stones with multicolored flash. I'm also heavily into amethysts, garnets and peridots and they had some great pieces for those too. In addition they're doing some composite work which is really interesting. I've seen similar looks in pieces made of dichroic glass, which I use a lot and like, but this is the first time I've seen it done with stone jewelry. The way they are doing it the pieces are really quite lovely to look at. Whoever does their designing really has an eye for shape and color. The pieces range from very simple to very artistic. I honestly can't imagine anyone who loves silver jewelry would not be thrilled to receive a piece of theirs for the holidays so I thought I'd post my holiday haul and give you guys a head's up.

This what I got for just under $150.

The first 5 pieces are :

Garnet and smoky quartz ring, amethyst ring, peridot ring, peridot and ethiopian opal pendant, amethyst ring (The rest to follow in next post...)
Attached Images

Last edited by magkelly; 10-29-2014 at 08:19 PM.
10-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #5980
Veteran Member

The rest are: Astrophyllite and garnet pendant, labradorite ring, blue labradorite flower ring. Gorgeous stuff, no? I love them all but the blue labradorite really makes me stare at it. It's like a little piece of very blue evening sky. You can see light peeking from within like the sun through some clouds at sunset. There's just something about it that makes me think of heavenly realms and angelic beings. I'm definitely going to have to grab one of their amber pieces too. I love their amber pendants and their little amber animals are so darned cute I can't help want one! My Mom left me a strand of amber beads that I've long wanted to combine with an amber and silver pendant of some sort. I think I just might grab one of theirs at some point...
Attached Images

Last edited by magkelly; 10-29-2014 at 08:23 PM.
10-30-2014, 03:19 AM   #5981

Just by chance, my latest is also silver and almost as small as magkelly's.
Here we go - Industar 50-2.
That wonderful old Russian 3.5/50 made by the gazillions and as cheap as chips.
OH
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-S2000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DSC-S2000  Photo 
10-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #5982
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Images please ... It does NOT exist unless there's an image (here) ...
Okey Dokey. Tonight I'm making chili for the office so while I'm in the kitchen I'll take a beauty shot using some other special lens.

Will it be OK if I include the new-to-me FA31?
10-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #5983
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
the new-to-me FA31?
"" indeed!

Last edited by dadipentak; 10-30-2014 at 03:22 PM.
10-31-2014, 10:18 PM   #5984
Veteran Member

Just arrived:

Canon T90
Canon Speedlite 300TL
FDn 28mm f/2.8
FDn 50mm f/1.8
FDn 85mm f/1.8
FD 200mm f/2.8 S.S.C.

I was planning on keeping the 200 & 85 and selling the rest but the T90 has its qualities... (love the multi-spot metering!)
I'm definitely selling the 28 & 50, those things feel plasticky as [EXPLETIVE DELETED]!
10-31-2014, 10:35 PM   #5985
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Prodigital cruelly sold me an open-box DA 20-40 LimiZoom. With a silly low price and a year to pay. Gosh it's nice.. as are my 18-55, 28-70, 28-90, 28-75, 17-28, 17 and 28. Clearly that's 2much stuff for one camera body... wait a moment, counting my film bodies that's just about right.. right?

Last edited by jimr-pdx; 10-31-2014 at 10:43 PM.