Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
05-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #6676
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh 500 rangefinder nearly complete with leather case, tele-viewer, lens shade, filters etc. All it looks to be missing from the original kit is the flash and I'm not too worried about that. I'm not normally into old rangefinders but this one was very cheap, really, really interesting in terms of design and it had the tele-viewfinder which I think I can use with my Q. Even if it doesn't work it was worth the $20 I paid for it just to have it on the shelf I think. It's a cool looking old thing...

05-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #6677
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Ricoh 500 rangefinder nearly complete with leather case, tele-viewer, lens shade, filters etc. All it looks to be missing from the original kit is the flash and I'm not too worried about that. I'm not normally into old rangefinders but this one was very cheap, really, really interesting in terms of design and it had the tele-viewfinder which I think I can use with my Q. Even if it doesn't work it was worth the $20 I paid for it just to have it on the shelf I think. It's a cool looking old thing...
Mag -- any possibility of seeing a snap?
05-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #6678
Veteran Member

Sure, when it arrives. I bought it via auction. The snaps they provided aren't very great but I'll take some as soon as it gets here. I can do it better I think. Here's a good pic of one in the meantime. This is the same one I got I think...

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/13527906@N04/sets/72157631756489402/

Last edited by magkelly; 05-07-2015 at 10:55 AM.
05-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #6679
Veteran Member

Sure, when it arrives. I bought it via auction. The snaps they provided aren't very great but I'll take some as soon as it gets here. I can do it better I think. Here's a good pic of one in the meantime. This is the same one I got I think...

Flickriver: Photoset 'Ricoh 500 Rangefinder Camera' by pumcus
You shouldn't be showing those pics to weak willed forum members - there could be a riot. Really a cool looking camera and great pics on your site.

05-07-2015, 11:59 AM   #6680
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very cool, indeed!
05-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #6681
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
You shouldn't be showing those pics to weak willed forum members - there could be a riot. Really a cool looking camera and great pics on your site.
For clarification not my 500 pic or pic stream. Just the same camera coming up in a search on flickr. I was just linking to it as an example of the exact same camera I just got. I'll post actual pics of mine when I get it. All I have now is the auction pics and they're so small you can barely see it. But I take no credit for any of that. It was just a link to an example, one someone put up to show people what one looked like. I think I did pretty good though. All the ones I can find for sale in the same condition with the accessories cost $80 and up. I don't know if this one works or not, don't care really, like I said I got it for the viewer, but it's a nice display piece even if it doesn't..
05-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #6682
Veteran Member

A pair of Tour Thor 909 inline skates and a DBG4 battery grip for my K-7.
I have that issue with my front e-dial so I wanted an inexpensive work around. The grip solves the problem well.

05-08-2015, 07:34 AM   #6683
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

EX+ M28/2 RETURNED because it's (NOT the Zeiss - K28/2 but actually a sharper lens) and I hate their new website, and I told the CS Rep (politely) exactly that. He was sympathetic.

BGN K85/1.8 (which is a typical KEH 'OMG - Bargain???' lens) and EX K35/2.

Oh my my. The joy! The good stuff is coming out of the closets.

My WANT LIST for K Lenses is now complete.

[EDIT] This is truly a sickness.

I had 'sold' all my lenses and most of the film cameras and bought the FA Limiteds. The 'buyer' showed up with 80% of the cash and tried to talk me down - or into leetting him take the lenses and bring the balance later - or sell him part of the collection- or just let him try out the 28/3.5. When I finally got to the point of "What part of 'NO' do you not understand" exapseration and sent him away I resolved to sell them one-at-a-time and never buy another lens ever again.

But I am consoled that I left the K50/1.2 on the shelf. I had one once - it wan't that much better than the K50/1.4.

Last edited by monochrome; 05-15-2015 at 12:17 PM.
05-08-2015, 07:42 AM   #6684
Veteran Member

Flickriver: Photoset 'Ricoh 500 Rangefinder Camera' by pumcus
I have one of those! Picked it up for next to nothing at the local Goodwill if I remember right. I grabbed it simply because it was a gorgeous looking little camera (and cheap). Mine is a slightly newer model, I think. I need to figure a way to get the sticker-goo off the viewfinder. Goodwill kind of went "Whats one of the worst places to slap a sticker? Ah! Here we go..."

05-08-2015, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #6685
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went and got a bookcase so I can have a safer place for my gear. I think I'll move the bodies down off the top though.

05-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #6686
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I have one of those! Picked it up for next to nothing at the local Goodwill if I remember right. I grabbed it simply because it was a gorgeous looking little camera (and cheap). Mine is a slightly newer model, I think. I need to figure a way to get the sticker-goo off the viewfinder. Goodwill kind of went "Whats one of the worst places to slap a sticker? Ah! Here we go..."

Other common places are usually every glass portion of a lens. If the rear element is big enough and close to the mount it's the best place to stick the sticker.
05-08-2015, 05:39 PM   #6687
Pentaxian

Don't you hate when you order used stuff and you get something excellent instead? It's happened to me twice recently; I ordered a k-x needing work from Colorado (likely a CRIS gear auction) and received a barely used K-r, now a "slightly hazy" m100mm f/4 macro shows up as a like-new a100 macro
05-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #6688
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I need to figure a way to get the sticker-goo off the viewfinder. Goodwill kind of went "Whats one of the worst places to slap a sticker?
Something citrus based will work....otherwise peanut butter ! truly, the oil softens most adhesives.
05-08-2015, 10:34 PM - 1 Like   #6689
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
My son with his new DA HD 55-300 ED WR.
This must be equivalent to socks at your house, considering some of your gear!!
05-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #6690
Pentaxian

An "odd" one from the thrift store. A "Takimo" badged 70-210/4.5-5.6 MC Macro in PKA.

Googled "Takimo" and found very little ... looks almost exactly like a Cosina 70-210/4.5-5.6 (below) ... like new and it was 3€ with rear cap.

Too curious to resist. But need to be careful because it has a Ricoh pin ... labeled "PK - A / R"