Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
05-26-2015, 05:02 AM   #6766
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
That's once sleek looking tractor!
Thanks, certainly doing the task for me.

05-26-2015, 09:21 AM   #6767
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Thanks, certainly doing the task for me.
But it must be illegal there: it doesn't have right hand drive
05-26-2015, 09:49 AM   #6768
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
To add to my Pentax collection:

A Super Program in what I would call E+ condition: no paint wear or chips, no scratches in the chrome, a few small rubs on the base plate. It came with a non-A Pentax f1.4, in immaculate condition. Truly lovely! Cost for the pair, less than $90.00.

To this I added a Winder ME II and a Pentax AF 280T from KEH. The camera and winder go well with my black ME Super with winder, and my black MX with winder.

I'm a happy camper...until the next tempting item comes my way!
05-26-2015, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #6769
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This was waiting at the PO for me this morning. A very nice A 20mm f/2.8. Don't ask!

05-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #6770
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
But it must be illegal there: it doesn't have right hand drive
It's just like the McLaren F1, it has centre steering.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 05-26-2015 at 11:34 AM.
05-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #6771
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
This was waiting at the PO for me this morning. A very nice A 20mm f/2.8. Don't ask!
Oooooooooo ... that's quite nice. As they say, "You only live once" ... so enjoy and shoot a lot! J
05-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #6772
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
A very nice A 20mm f/2.8
A twin sister of my "Good Lady” you've acquired, good luck with sourcing the original lens hood to go with it, mine had to be specially ordered from Pentax Europe. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/post-your-photos/172379d13687...-new-honey.jpg

You can also now legitimately join the https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/230693-20-mm-lens-club.html

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 05-26-2015 at 12:33 PM.
05-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #6773
Veteran Member

Did you guys know that you can touch up older black cameras with one of these and it works very well?

Amazon.com : Birchwood Casey Super Black Touch-Up Pen, Flat : Sports & Outdoors

I've tried various things over the years, sharpie, car paint, model paint, but inevitably it just rubs back off fairly quickly. I have it on good authority that this works very well and lasts quite a while besides. I'm going to try it on my new acquisition. If it works and sticks I may use it on my black SPII. I know some people like brassing but I'm not particularly fond of it. I'll live with it if I have to but if I can restore my black cameras to looking like new that would be cool...
05-26-2015, 06:22 PM   #6774
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fargo/Micro-Tools sells paint touch-up pens for cameras.
Actually they're more like felt tip markers.
I have both the gloss black and flat black.
They're very convenient and work well.

Chris
05-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #6775
Pentaxian

It must be "spring cleaning" time, because things have picked up at the thrift store ... after a winter "drought" season.

I scored an almost new condition OM-1 with a brown real leather case for 5€, as written on the lens. Also snag other odds and ends, but this was by far the best. Happy camper yet again.

05-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #6776
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll have that A 20mm out soon for some landscape and/or architecture shots.
05-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #6777
Veteran Member

I love my Profoto B1. L O V E
05-29-2015, 04:20 PM   #6778
Veteran Member

I went thrifting with the BFF's today. There was a K1000 sans lens, but they had it marked $75 so I left it. Didn't need it anyway. I've got 3 of them thatI don't use as it is. I saw a beautiful red croc satchel bag on a rack marked $5. Turns out it wasn't faux leather. It was the real deal, very well made, in perfect condition, no tag, but I'm guessing designer and probably a $200 bag likely from the size, material etc. Needless to say I grabbed it and while I was at it I grabbed a cute faux purple croc bag, no name tag, alas, and a denim and red croc Guess bag that apparently originally retailed for over $100 (found it online) both of which were also marked $5. Went back in the luggage area and I scored another red bag, a laptop messengers style bag, PVC material, but still nicely made for $2.48. I also got 3 really cute angel pins for about $2. I spent less than $20 and walked out of there with at least $350 worth of purses and some darling pins. Not too shabby, eh?

Oh, and I got these. The red one is a little present from my BFF's a thank you in advance for agreeing to doing their engagement shoot. (Might even do the ceremony as there won't be but a half a dozen people invited, they said. I can handle that even with though I abhor doing weddings. ) They just sent me a link and told me it was ordered. They're going to have a commitment ceremony this Fall but unfortunately they can't make it legal here, yet. They saw this on Amazon and knowing I have a major red croc thing they got it for me.

I had to laugh when they told me. It was totally serendipity, perfect timing. I just got red and black croc skins for my Oly's and of course I have the red K-30 and the new red croc satchel purse. I also have a little collection of red croc accessories so it all matches. I am going to be such a fashionista! I do think this camera bag is awfully cute actually. I looked. They come in a few colors apparently. After seeing this one I couldn't resist I just got the white one too, for $11 shipped. It was in the warehouse used. It will be perfect with the QS1. Particularly if I make a little dangle key chain with a certain semi-omnipotent alien's face on one side and "This cameras is Q approved." on the other. I'll also stick a "Q" of some sort on the one side of the bag, hehe...

The 3rd link is the same bag at B&H. If you click customer pics there's a pic of the interior. It's bigger than it looks. They have a DSLR in there and it looks like it can fit at least one lens up to 200 mm or so. It's plenty big enough for my M43 cameras and their lenses or my whole Q Kit...

Amazon.com : Fujifilm 2011 Bowler Bag for Camera - Red : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo

Amazon.com : Fujifilm 2011 Bowler Bag for Camera - White : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo

Fujifilm Bowler Bag Case (White) 600009108 B&H Photo Video

More pics...

Thats It Mommy | Picture IT Friday: FUJIFILM Launches Camera Bag line AND Giveaway - Thats It Mommy

There, how do you like my quickie Q key chain? (Last pic...) Need to work on the text a bit yet. It's still a bit too spaced out, but you get the idea, front and back...
Attached Images

Last edited by magkelly; 05-30-2015 at 01:47 AM.
05-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #6779
Pentaxian

I found a couple rebadged Tokina RMCs. One is badged Auto Sears MC 28mm 2.8 and its very sharp but I need to play more with it. The other is badged Rokinon MC 24mm 2.8. I already have a 28mm Rikenon that i love but for 25 dollars i couldn't pass it up. Both lenses are very very similar. The 24 is surprisingly contrasty wide open but it has a small but visible scratch on the front element so I got it for 50 bucks. Not a bad day I'd say...
05-31-2015, 11:47 PM   #6780
Veteran Member

A near pristine Pentax Auto 110 Super kit, nearly complete with all the prime lenses except the 18mm, including the 70mm, all filters, lens hoods, winder, flash. I got it for $40 off CL. It all came in a bag, not a red box though. He didn't have that anymore he said and he didn't know what happened to the 18mm. He said he'd lost it somewhere years ago. I talked the guy down from $50. Not my $$$$ though. My brother went with me to meet the guy and he paid for it. My Dad "strongly suggested" he do so. He was a bit snarky about it but in the end he did pay for it. FYI, that's pocket change for him. Basically he was buying his way back into my good graces, making up for being such a dickhead and trying to steal my Q. Me, I think $40 is a bargain considering how rude he was.

Not having the 18mm was not an issue as I already have it but the guy selling it he honestly didn't know if the camera worked or not and I used that as a bargaining chip. The whole set looks like it's in really great condition and I was very happy to see all those filters and lens hoods. I don't care if the camera works or not. No 110 film around here and no lab here will develop it. I'm not into spending a small fortune to get 110 film online and then to get it processed online. That's why I have a Q, so I don't have to go through all that, shrug. Obviously I wanted it for the lenses and accessories and it was a steal for $40. I've seen that same kit deluxe online for $150 and up. I don't particularly want the camera, winder and flash but an extra set of the lenses is definitely a good thing and I totally coveted the rest, the filters, hoods and that.

Not bad, eh?

Edit: This guy wasn't the brightest candle apparently. I was messing around just now taking it all back out of the bag so I could put it away in a dry box? I found the 18mm stashed way down in a pocket. So all 4 main prime lenses ARE present and accounted for, which makes this an even sweeter bargain, grin...

Last edited by magkelly; 06-01-2015 at 12:34 AM.