Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Latest ... K-3
Booyah! Well done!

02-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #7547
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I am working on acquiring an overlock machine, I researched the embroidery units, then I read the K-1 specs. Oh.... Help me....
Ask my wife .. she has a "Babylock" machine.

Plus she has a "Sweet Sixteen" quilter ... quite expensive sewing GAS.
02-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #7548
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote

I seen a Husqvarna Embroidery machine... Ahck.... I should of slapped myself and walked away from the machine demo.
02-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #7549
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Amazing price on marketplace triggered my LBA today, got DA 35mm macro ltd.
No excuse.

02-20-2016, 05:14 PM   #7550

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote

Silly boys... Sewing is NOT just for girls. I have made several backpacks, a tarp and other recreational equipment with my old Pfaff.
02-20-2016, 07:03 PM   #7551
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I seen a Husqvarna Embroidery machine... Ahck.... I should of slapped myself and walked away from the machine demo.

Yeah, My wife has a Husqvarna Ruby Deluxe and just added their Epic to her collection. So I guess that is her latest acquisition.
02-21-2016, 02:13 AM   #7552
Pentaxian

I picked up a Ricoh XR-M (also known as XR-X) on Friday for €25. I mainly wanted the lens (a very good condition Sigma mini-wide 28/2.8) and my initial testing show it to be every bit as good as it's reputation suggests. It has an extra pin though I'm not sure it's the unsafe Ricoh pin or a different one, it's used to allow modes other than M or A on compatible Ricoh SLRs. I'll need to have a look later but for now I've tested it on my Fujifilm X-M1 where any extra pins are not an issue due to the lack of AF (obviously) on the adapter.

I'd never heard of the camera but I googled it and it turns out it was Ricoh's top-of-the-line model in 1987. It seems to work perfectly and the big grip with four AAs in it makes it very comfortable to hold. The feature list is much better than most of my film SLRs and the viewfinder is very good. Top shutter speed is a respectable 1/2000s. I might need to look further into legacy Ricoh SLRs.

Here's a quick phone snap of it.

Ricoh XR-M, top of the line in 1987. With a Sigma mini-wide 28mm f/2.8.
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

I also got a Minolta X-300s because I've wanted a second SR-mount body for a while so that I'm not limited to one film type when using my Minolta lenses. It was marked at €18 but they only charged me €5. It's not as flimsy as I expected it to be but it has a common fault with this model whereby a dodgy capacitor doesn't allow it to turn on, but from what I've seen online it's quite easy to fix, I just need to track down a suitable replacement capacitor and swap it out.

02-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #7553
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I picked up a Ricoh XR-M (also known as XR-X) on Friday for €25. .
I have two of these I purchased new. It was the first K-mount camera I purchased. When we went on our "Great Western Jaunt" in 1991 I took two of them. They are very good cameras and performed flawlessly for me. I also have two of the little clip on Speedlight flash units too. When Ricoh purchased Pentax, I had no qualms about them knowing how to run the company based upon my experiences with these gems.

Last edited by gaweidert; 02-21-2016 at 04:04 PM.
02-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #7554
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sandbasser Quote
Silly boys... Sewing is NOT just for girls. I have made several backpacks, a tarp and other recreational equipment with my old Pfaff.
Despite the name, I have learned that "Pfaff" is "good" ...

Given all my wife's sewing GAS, I just may pick up the habit for some fun ...
02-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #7555
Pentaxian

I picked up a Ricoh XR-M (also known as XR-X) on Friday for €25. ...
The Sigma 28/2.8 Mini-Wide is a great lens ... I had it in PK and passed it on because I had another in 24mm. I still have a 28 in M42 ... great for close focus.

Here, the 24/2.8 near MFD ... a snap of Crumble, our Tom cat.

02-23-2016, 01:55 AM   #7556
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I have two of these I purchased new. It was the first K-mount camera I purchased. When we went on our "Great Western Jaunt" in 1991 I took two of them. They are very good cameras and performed flawlessly for me. I also have two of the little clip on Speedlight flash units too. When Ricoh purchased Pentax, I had no qualms about them knowing how to run the company based upon my experiences with these gems.
I took the XR-M out at the weekend and I can't remember the last time I liked a film camera so much at first use. It was refreshing not to have to put in new seals and mirror bumper first (the camera has neither).

The only thing I don't like is that, while ISO can be set manually for non-DX films, it can't be over-ridden for DX. The manual states that this is what the exposure compensation is for, which of course is not true. I prefer to keep exposure compensation for use in compensating for exposure, not have it eaten up because I can't over-ride the ISO. However, it's easily solved by putting something non-conductive over the DX contacts. I used a piece of post-it.
02-23-2016, 02:01 AM   #7557
Pentaxian

Just picked up an unwanted gift type k50 with kit wr 18/55....firmwares still 1.00 and it looks new...equivalent of U$ 220.it'll live at another house I visit on weekends so I don't have to move a backpack twice a week...and a few days later a slightly used WR 50/200

Last edited by surfar; 02-25-2016 at 05:05 PM. Reason: =
02-23-2016, 02:03 AM   #7558
Pentaxian

....The only thing I don't like is that, while ISO can be set manually for non-DX films, it can't be over-ridden for DX. The manual states that this is what the exposure compensation is for, which of course is not true. I prefer to keep exposure compensation for use in compensating for exposure, not have it eaten up because I can't over-ride the ISO. However, it's easily solved by putting something non-conductive over the DX contacts. I used a piece of post-it.
That was a problem, and a solution, for many cameras that used the DX film speed sensor system.
02-25-2016, 02:19 PM - 4 Likes   #7559
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thinking of how nice this might be on a K-1.
02-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #7560
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Thinking of how nice this might be on a K-1.
Oh yesssss

I spotted opened box of strobe flash set at BestBuy. Cheap quality set: two strobes, two stands, three umbrellas for 74 bucks, Insignia AC master/slave flash kit. I have no clue really how to use it , just play with light.
And here is the first result, in dark room at night. It seems not bad idea to keep it for small "studio"to learn light setups.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Last edited by micromacro; 02-27-2016 at 09:53 PM.