Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2016, 12:41 PM - 2 Likes   #8521
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I just bagged what I personally think is a bit of a rarity, if it turns out to be as described... a brand new, unused, in the box with all accessories & documentation Samsung GX-10 (K10D clone) - body only. I really, really didn't need this, but I've never owned one of the CCD sensor Pentax cameras and at the price, I couldn't pass on it. Now I just have to wait and see if it really is new and unused, and fully working (ie. not an old faulty return item that was never repaired). The seller has great feedback, but I won't build my hopes up too much, just in case

EDIT: On the box it says "LENS IS OPTIONAL"... but if I know anything about photography, I'm guessing it'll function much better with one fitted

Attached Images

10-10-2016, 12:49 PM - 1 Like   #8522
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice score Mike; I'm hoping it is indeed in great shape!
10-10-2016, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #8523
Veteran Member

That's a nice find indeed
10-10-2016, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #8524
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote

EDIT: On the box it says "LENS IS OPTIONAL"... but if I know anything about photography, I'm guessing it'll function much better with one fitted
I can confirm that removing the body cap and taking a pictures expecting a pin-hole camera effect does not work.

10-10-2016, 02:08 PM   #8525
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I can confirm that removing the body cap and taking a pictures expecting a pin-hole camera effect does not work.
This is obviously why Samsung dropped out of the digital camera business...
10-10-2016, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #8526
Pentaxian

Mike

My best shot of late (actually quite some time ago) was with the GX10D of the last flying Vulcan, XM558 - in about 2008 at the Waddington airshow - sometimes I regret selling it but did not see the point of keeping it at the time but now I sometimes regret selling it and want to get another one (but would I actually use it now?).

TBD!
10-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #8527
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
My best shot of late (actually quite some time ago) was with the GX10D of the last flying Vulcan, XM558 - in about 2008 at the Waddington airshow - sometimes I regret selling it but did not see the point of keeping it at the time
You had a Vulcan?! Oh, the GX-10... I understand now Seriously, thank you - that's nice to hear. I've seen many great photos from the K10D, so I'm sure it's capable of good results, albeit with greater limitations than current models.

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
but now I sometimes regret selling it and want to get another one
I'll definitely use this. It won't replace my K-3, but it'll be fun to shoot with, I think.

I regret selling my K-7... that was my entry into Pentax, and although the K-5 was a welcome upgrade, I do sometimes miss the K-7...

10-10-2016, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #8528
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Silver Nikon FE2 with MD-12 motor drive and NOS/NIB F AI NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4.

My first working Nikon. I just had to try one.

Kka-CHUNK-lik.
As a result of the quoted post a 'Pillar of the Church' sent me a stunning AI ZOOM-NIKKOR 35mm~70mm f/3.5, the OEM fitting plastic hood and two classic period-correct 72mm filters. We've traded film lenses and cameras back and forth for years - and now he has me started on Nikon*

* And now all those Adaptall-2 SP's that came with Nikon adapters are back in the drawer.
10-10-2016, 11:30 PM   #8529
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
We've traded film lenses and cameras back and forth for years - and now he has me started on Nikon*
Just in case you were running out of gear to collect Nice one
10-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #8530
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
You had a Vulcan?! Oh, the GX-10... I understand now Seriously, thank you - that's nice to hear. I've seen many great photos from the K10D, so I'm sure it's capable of good results, albeit with greater limitations than current models.

I'll definitely use this. It won't replace my K-3, but it'll be fun to shoot with, I think.

I regret selling my K-7... that was my entry into Pentax, and although the K-5 was a welcome upgrade, I do sometimes miss the K-7...
I never got around to selling my K200D, my first DSLR, which has the same sensor as the K10D, and now I don't think I ever will. I don't think I'd get much for it, even with the Katzeye, so I prefer to keep it and use it (very) occasionally.
10-11-2016, 10:58 PM   #8531
Veteran Member

Funnily enough, I saw a K10D in a CEX last week, with lens 😂 I was going to go and have a look at it. Can't remember the price at the moment.
10-12-2016, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #8532
Veteran Member

Picked up a mint Olympus XA2. It came with the original case and a11 flash.
10-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #8533
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by malinku Quote
Had a couple of s/h XA1's many years ago, and the biggest problem I had was with the more powerful A16 flashguns - the catch holding the flashgun pop-up (can't remember what it did!) failed on both guns. Better check that your A11 is working OK today, because it might not be tomorrow. OTOH, the camera itself was very good, and the lens was very sharp, until the sliding lens cover failed (IIRC, on both of them),

---------- Post added 10-12-16 at 09:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I never got around to selling my K200D, my first DSLR, which has the same sensor as the K10D, and now I don't think I ever will. I don't think I'd get much for it, even with the Katzeye, so I prefer to keep it and use it (very) occasionally.
JM
Never bought a Pentax DSLR before the K10D/GX10 because, wearing specs as I do, the eye-relief was so poor that I could never see the whole frame in the viewfinder since my specs forced my eye to be further back than what would allow me to do that.
10-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #8534
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by malinku Quote

GREAT pocket 35 (if you leave the flash home)!

Chris
10-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #8535
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not a 'recent' acquisition by any means, but I was going through my junk and found one of those cheap Chinese rubber hood I'd ordered a while back which had the rubber split and crumble on me, causing it to fall off the metal ring that screws onto the camera. I was going to toss the thing when I realized that that ring is double threaded - HELLO REVERSING RING.

Maybe.

I need to see if I actually have two lenses this would work with.