Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
12-31-2016, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #8956
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Great idea Kameko. I see they even have 4.5mm material there. Thicker still.

Another great use might be making sleeves for cold aluminum tripod legs.
I used the foam split tube pipe insulation & some duct tape for mine. Gives extra cushioning along with keeping the cold aluminum away from my tender shoulders.

12-31-2016, 11:35 AM   #8957
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Enjoy... that distillery is only about 50 miles from me.
How did they sneak it past you?
12-31-2016, 11:45 AM   #8958
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
How did they sneak it past you?
Quite easy... I'm an Islay whisky man.
12-31-2016, 12:20 PM   #8959
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Quite easy... I'm an Islay whisky man.
I hope you're not planning to intercept the Ardbeg Uigeadail that I'll be ordering next...

12-31-2016, 12:26 PM   #8960
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
Ardbeg Uigeadail that I'll be ordering next...
Excellent choice... your lucky in the old Kerrowdown's whisky room, it already has a couple of bottles on the shelf next to the Corryvreckkan bottle.
12-31-2016, 01:12 PM - 3 Likes   #8961
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my new (to me) DA70 Limited arrived yesterday:

01-01-2017, 03:24 AM - 1 Like   #8962
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

The DA 70 is a fantastic lens, I'd say even better than the 40 and 21 that you also have.

I found some less extortionately priced (though I wouldn't say cheap) Fuji Acros yesterday in 135 so I ordered all that they had, which was only five rolls. I like the film a lot but have none left in my stash and prices have skyrocketed recently (it's usually almost €10 a roll, €14 on Amazon Spain).

01-02-2017, 05:42 PM - 2 Likes   #8963
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, here are some photos of our latest acquisition: a 11 week old 2.5 # Japanese Chin called Sable fluzz ball ( I chose "Sable" my wife chose "fuzz ball") We got her today

now K the Kat 1.5 yrs, 10 # is trying to figure out what to make of the new acquisition

(by the way, not bad cropping, my wife is camera shy.)

This is our second Japanese Chin, our first, Samurai Warrior a.k.a. Sam died two years ago at age 13. We just lost our English Springer Spaniel Belle December 23, she was 11.

Pentax K 3 + Smc PENTAX-DA 50mm F1.8, HD PENTAX-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR (Both these guys can are move fast)

new photo added (last in the series), due to the likeness of the color of the coats of the cat and the chin, my first thought for a name for either was "Rug". That did not go over well here at the homestead.

what would have been your reaction?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-03-2017 at 09:09 AM.
01-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #8964
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Ok, here are some photos of our latest acquisition: a 11 week old 2.5 # Japanese Chin called Sable fluzz ball ( I chose "Sable" my wife chose "fuzz ball") We got her today

now K the Kat 1.5 yrs, 10 # is trying to figure out what to make of the new acquisition

This is our second Japanese Chin, our first, Samurai Warrior a.k.a. Sam died two years ago at age 13. We just lost our English Springer Spaniel Belle December 23, she was 11.

Pentax K 3 + Smc PENTAX-DA 50mm F1.8, HD PENTAX-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR (Both these guys can are move fast)

new photo added (last in the series), due to the likeness of the color of the coats of the cat and the chin, my first thought for a name for either was "Rug". That did not go over well here at the homestead.

A pretty little thing Allen,may she bring you joy for many years.
01-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #8965
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It can be very harsh to lose an animal that's been a companion and good friend for over a decade. When my Maddy died after 14 years it took four more years for me to let another dog in the house, but our new Sheltie has gotten under my skin, as expected.
01-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #8966
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
It can be very harsh to lose an animal that's been a companion and good friend for over a decade. When my Maddy died after 14 years it took four more years for me to let another dog in the house, but our new Sheltie has gotten under my skin, as expected.
thanks every body for the thoughts about the dog we lost.

I personally wanted a brittany but you do what you got to do to keep peace at home.
01-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #8967
Veteran Member

A bean to cup coffee machine, as the Mrs is addicted to Starbucks and this should pay for itself in 4 months...
01-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #8968
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ohhh that little fuzz ball is darling! 2nd photo says "I've got attitude, regardless of my size!"

My sympathy on the loss of your Belle; I know only too well the pain & grief we feel losing a pet.
01-06-2017, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #8969
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

Forget the lens.

I want the cookies.
01-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #8970
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Yet another addition to my humble but growing collection of "former Soviet Union" glass... a 1975 KMZ Telemar-22A 5.6/200.

It's much more compact and light-weight than I'd expected, and very nicely built (if typically Eastern Bloc and "utilitarian" ). Obviously not a lens for low light work, given the slow maximum aperture. It's pretty sweet optically, though... quite sharp wide open with really lovely bokeh, but best around f/8 onwards. I've heard these can suffer quite badly from internal reflections, but this one doesn't seem to... it's better than my Jupiter-21M in that respect, and has better contrast.

This one's in lovely condition... basically unmarked on the glass and body, although the M42 threads show it has been used. There's a tiny bit of oil on the blades, but some say that's unavoidable with this lens - and it's a pre-set design anyway, so not a concern
Attached Images